Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2017
Asia
Release date: May 30, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 7,480

51sV2hCw7BL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see some continuity with the previous Makoto Shinkai film steelbook (YOUR NAME) ...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

... and likewise hopefully an International release is pending albeit probably with different art . . . with maybe an image like this on the front:-
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Scraggy
'Your Name' is hard to beat. The story, its intricacy, the details and the complexity. The fact it could even be pulled off so beautifully without flaws and with such emotional power is already amazing. It will be a timeless classic.

WWY or whatever that came after Your Name would definitely be in its shadow. But even if judging WWY alone, its story is pretty ordinary, with elements that have been done before. While I rate Your Name 10/10, I can give WWY only 7/10.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Does anyone know whether Japan would release a Blu-ray Digipack? They have released the 4K 5-disc pack but I'd like to have a Blu-ray Digipack cover art to go with my 'Your Name' Blu-ray Digipack

For me, Garden of Words is his best. All Shinkai films are breathtakingly beautiful, but they can be a challenge to watch. Your Name was good but not great IMO. WWY was a disappointment. I think the comparison to Ghibli is shortsighted, as Shinkai’s movies are more adolescent oriented rather than family focused.

Hi guys. If you need help getting this steelbook, I'll be happy to help you.
Retail price (7480JPY) + shipping cost

July 8 UPDATE: currently not available. sorry.

Last edited: