Welcome to the new 'Arrow Video' forum!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Discuss your favorite releases here and stay on the lookout for new titles to be released.
Arrow.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrow Films Store website
EU customer, will I have to pay double the VAT post-Brexit?
We have developed our website so that VAT will be removed at checkout for any EU orders. This means that VAT only needs to be paid on receipt/collection of your order and not twice. This is now live as of 8th Feb 2021, any questions then please get in touch

This means if delivery address is in EU
Arrow remove UK 20% vat from price at checkout
This means No Vat has been paid on your order

Before delivery or when doing delivery of your order you can expect to have postal carrier or courier to look for EU Vat payment on behalf of customs
There will be a handling fee be applied by postal carrier/courier to cover their costs in collection of vat payment from you

As in Vat + Handling fee will need to be paid
If you avoid postal carrier/courier looking for vat payment collection it's just luck so don't assume this will happen on all deliveries

EU
Until June 30th 2021 if value of goods including postage is €22 or less no vat is required to be paid
From July 1st 2021 the threshold of €22 to avoid vat is gone vat will apply no matter the value of items ordered

Arrow Academy label is merging into the Arrow Video label
Arrow Academy not ending as such just the new tiles will be a Arrow Video release instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrSquifler
@paulboland Meaning ... ? Thanks.
It means
Titles that would have been released under the academy label will now instead be a Arrow Video label release

Previous Arrow Academy releases Arrow will over time will replace the Blu-ray sleeves with Arrow Video logo

It just means what would have been previously released under the Arrow Academy label will now be a Arrow Video label release instead

The Hut group who own Zavvi

The Hut Group now holds directly or indirectly 75% or more shares and voting rights in Arrow Films

What are your thoughts ?

Is there a fear Arrow is going to release more "popular" titles from now on ? Or still some lesser known films ... hope they stay what they are ...

Reactions: MrSquifler
The Bird with the Crystal Plumange for me ! :thumbs:

Edit : wait a minute, I have box set of that film. Ah ok this is 4K ...

I am going through my Ring Blu-ray Collection, and I am reminded of how good this release was (got the Limited Edition). Watching this I am really hoping that they acquire whole The Ju-on (Grudge) film series and release it as a Limited Edition Box Set, which would be pricey, but which I will jump on straight away.

@nutcaseshy Do you have Arrow's One Missed Call set ? Are sequels any good ? Been thinking of getting a long time but ... reviews are not that good.

@nutcaseshy Do you have Arrow's One Missed Call set ? Are sequels any good ? Been thinking of getting a long time but ... reviews are not that good.
Sadly I don't have that set or seen the films yet, so I cannot comment if it is any good or not, however, it is on my to watch list. It is on the Arrow Streaming service, so I may watch it soon (and I got a long queue of movies left to watch).

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
What are your thoughts ?

Is there a fear Arrow is going to release more "popular" titles from now on ? Or still some lesser known films ... hope they stay what they are ...
@Space Cadet
Zavvi USA website is now separate from Zavvi UK and other the Zavvi countries websites

This will mean Zavvi USA can sell arrow USA only releases but these won't be on the other zavvi websites

The hut group now control Arrow Films
There has been change of directors in arrow put in place by hut group

Arrow Films as a company registered address is now at hut group building

Arrow will continue as normal but you may see more mainstream films as well as their cult films they been known for
That was happening even before hut group increased their % shares control in arrow

Hut group have had shares in arrow a long time which is why Zavvi previously got lot of steelbook exclusives
What has changed is the hut group increased the % of shares in arrow to be a in a postion to control arrow as a business and decide who is on the board of arrow as company directors

Hut group are one of the biggest retailer companies in UK
Zavvi is only a tiny part of their bussiness

Hut group revenue 2020 £1.6 billion most of this is from other companies they control

Zavvi does not own Arrow as prevously mentioned today in True Romance thread
The hut group does
The hut group own or have controling interest in a lot business companies

What is does mean for arrow is they now have access to lot more revenue to get licences for releases so that means lot more interesting releases to come

Last edited:
I think this guy's concerns over Arrow's direction will more than likely be heading in are very true, unfortunately.

I think this guy's concerns over Arrow's direction will more than likely be heading in are very true, unfortunately.

Zavvi did not buy arrow films
The Hut group increased the shares they own in Arrow to 75%

The Hut company is a group of different business be it products or labels or retailers
Arrow is now part of the list of companies hut group own or have a controling interest in

Zavvi don't own the hut group or arrow or any of the other companies.
The Hut group own zavvi that is a big difference

The Hut group owns or has a controlling interest in a lot of companies
The hut group had 1.6 billion revenue for 2020
Zavvi is a tiny part of that revenue

Arrow website and store will continue as normal
Arrow Academy has not been done away with it's just been merged into arrow video label

All previous arrow academy label releases still available will have the sleeves changed with arrow video label logo over the coming months
There is releases still to come that would have been released under academy label but will be released now under arrow video label instead

Arrow player streaming service has nothing to do with Zavvi or Hut group
The streaming service was launched by arrow simply because a lot of public now use streaming services.

There is lots of streaming service now provided by multiple companies around the world
It's how most public now watch films tv etc