What is Your Next BIG "I Need It" Item....

Nov 11, 2016
New Jersey
....All the real collectors know the item you just hunted down is only as good as your next great "I NEED IT" item....

59376053.jpg

So this thread is to post the items you're waiting to come out, are hot on the trail of, or that "unicorn" item that has just always been out of reach. Maybe we can help each other find those hard to gets...

My list so far...

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and elle82
Yes the same braveheart, I just purchased it. Can't wait!! I agree we'd have a better chance getting shipwrecked on an uncharted island then finding that one hahaha.

Good stuff. That Braveheart is very nice. I did pick up the Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince Death Eater Mask sets this morning. I really need to take a break from buying. It is getting a little out of hand..

One item I would like to chase down in the Da Vinci Code Rose Wood Press Kit. My brother had it, and I can't believe I passed it up :(

Reactions: elle82
Good stuff. That Braveheart is very nice. I did pick up the Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince Death Eater Mask sets this morning. I really need to take a break from buying. It is getting a little out of hand..

One item I would like to chase down in the Da Vinci Code Rose Wood Press Kit. My brother had it, and I can't believe I passed it up :(
Its so easy for buying stuff to get out of hand. i would know. lol

Bad luck about that edition. we all pass on stuff we should have taken but didnt at the time we could have had it.

Its so easy for buying stuff to get out of hand. i would know. lol

Bad luck about that edition. we all pass on stuff we should have taken but didnt at the time we could have had it.

Don't I know it... LOL

Actually, I also recently picked up the Snatch 2 DVD release with the Poker Set. A great movie :)

Don't I know it... LOL

Actually, I also recently picked up the Snatch 2 DVD release with the Poker Set. A great movie :)
Im really into pop culture things too like figurines, funko pops etc and over the past spend so much on Harry Potter merchandise. i just went crazy. lol. its so awesome having stuff come in the mail all the time. :LOL:

Oh cool i havent seen that movie yet.:)

Yeah it's hard to take a break, especially with bad influences like Elle over here. LMAO

which hogwarts castle are you looking for? i'm assuming the one with that comes with the movies? you can get a replica one for $300 or $400 but it doesn't come with a drawer for the movies.

there's a set with the movies that has glass around it and one without if i'm not mistaken. i want the one with the glass.... just easier to clean.

I've seen a picture of the one without the plastic cover, and that has a thinner draw. I've never seen it in real life though. I've got the one you mention with the glass (which is actually plastic) around it. It does keep the castle clean, but the plastic does get dusty. I've got the DVD version, in German.

I've seen a picture of the one without the plastic cover, and that has a thinner draw. I've never seen it in real life though. I've got the one you mention with the glass (which is actually plastic) around it. It does keep the castle clean, but the plastic does get dusty. I've got the DVD version, in German.

Yeah. Unfortunately it's hard to figure out exactly which countries released it and the exact details of each release. But I've definitely learned that the German one has the cover, so that is the one I've been shooting for. Looks so good and just pops when you see it in any collection. Just like your pic.

Yeah. Unfortunately it's hard to figure out exactly which countries released it and the exact details of each release. But I've definitely learned that the German one has the cover, so that is the one I've been shooting for. Looks so good and just pops when you see it in any collection. Just like your pic.
Yes @mcam we are very jealous of your castle arent we @SlimJim24 lol. It really stands out in your picture from everything else. Very nice centre piece.

• Thanks
Reactions: SlimJim24
I just picked up an item that I never thought I was going to find for a decent price.... a Piece of my childhood, in an incredible special edition. Got it new and cheaper then it's original price, when I've seen it sell for over 500. I give you.....

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero
MetalPak / Complete Series Collectors Set

Attachments

• gijoe.jpg
    gijoe.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 83

Yes @mcam we are very jealous of your castle arent we @SlimJim24 lol. It really stands out in your picture from everything else. Very nice centre piece.

Thanks for the comments. Honestly, I'm just plain lucky I was able to buy it when I did, and in the mix not having to pay shipping, and getting it for a good price.
I agree that it makes any collection look great. I believe a number of editions do the same thing, such as any number of head editions, or wooden box editions.
I currently have 12 other editions on the way to me (nothing big or impressive though), but items I have been after for a while. I need to work out how to display them.

By the way, does anyone know of any Green Mile Special Editions? That is another movie I would like to get in some form of special edition.

Thanks for the comments. Honestly, I'm just plain lucky I was able to buy it when I did, and in the mix not having to pay shipping, and getting it for a good price.
I agree that it makes any collection look great. I believe a number of editions do the same thing, such as any number of head editions, or wooden box editions.
I currently have 12 other editions on the way to me (nothing big or impressive though), but items I have been after for a while. I need to work out how to display them.

By the way, does anyone know of any Green Mile Special Editions? That is another movie I would like to get in some form of special edition.
Im not sure theres a special edition of the green mile. if there is someone here might know. @Sigill @AlienKing @bloodsnake007 have u guys ever seen or heard of one?

I find it so funny an item your looking at is listed but seller has no feedback and is new with no buying or selling history.
You ask for more pictures just to see if they really have the item and are very slow to reply.
It has a buy it now but no shipping international then when the finally reply then post more pics yes of the actual item but ask almost $300 in shipping wtf.
When previous to this was like $38 by message which seems to cheap.
Auction is then changed to place bid or buy now and still nobody interested.
Yet i am but are non responsive to messages and i ask for a honest shipping quote.
Now several bids are placed and its more than what buy it now was listed for.
Dont you love ebay and lets hope whoever buys item gets what they paid for but im pretty annoyed they tried to rip me off asking way too much for shipping if it had been sensible shipping price i would have got it ages ago.
Yet nobody asked for more pics of item and stayed away till then.

I find it so funny an item your looking at is listed but seller has no feedback and is new with no buying or selling history.
You ask for more pictures just to see if they really have the item and are very slow to reply.
It has a buy it now but no shipping international then when the finally reply then post more pics yes of the actual item but ask almost $300 in shipping wtf.
When previous to this was like $38 by message which seems to cheap.
Auction is then changed to place bid or buy now and still nobody interested.
Yet i am but are non responsive to messages and i ask for a honest shipping quote.
Now several bids are placed and its more than what buy it now was listed for.
Dont you love ebay and lets hope whoever buys item gets what they paid for but im pretty annoyed they tried to rip me off asking way too much for shipping if it had been sensible shipping price i would have got it ages ago.
Yet nobody asked for more pics of item and stayed away till then.

What was the item?

What was the item?
Cant say just incase they decide to offer shipping at a normal price. I do believe they are probably honest now adding the extra pics otherwise why bother.
But then why not use there hubby account with feedback and maybe draw more buyers to start with and why ask so much for shipping.
In the usa its fine and i know its not always cheap to send to australia but i know this was way over the top.

Last edited: