What's your Holy Grail (most valuable comic)?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Chime in and post pics if possible!

Attachments

• ActionComics.jpg
    ActionComics.jpg
    668.5 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:
So I have a question that others might be wondering...

So you spent all this money on these comics, how do you store them? Right now I have mine in a box with a lid to keep the light off of them. I try to keep them in a dry, cool, place but am certainly interested in hearing if there are better options.

So I have a question that others might be wondering...

So you spent all this money on these comics, how do you store them? Right now I have mine in a box with a lid to keep the light off of them. I try to keep them in a dry, cool, place but am certainly interested in hearing if there are better options.

All of my comics are boarded, bagged and stored away within short-boxes in my closet. My Incredible Hulk #181 and Giant-Size X-Men #1 are also in these short-boxes, but they're kept in thicker/sturdier Mylar comic sleeves instead. My autographed comics will eventually be custom framed and hung on my wall. I'd like to CGC some of my comics, but I also don't believe in my comics being locked up to never be looked at again.

Mine are bagged and boarded in those small white boxes. I dont have anything extremely valuable so this does just fine. I've slowed down my comic buying now ... and am basically only buying 2-3 different comics that im actually reading monthly.

One of which is GI Combat/The War that.... From just looking at the comic it seems pretty stupid "The war that..." that is ... but its a fun read none the less. Soldiers invaded North Korea and there is Dinosaurs running wild. ha. Also tis a double comic which shares pages with "The Unknown Soldier" which I like reading that as well.

Used to be an avid collector back in the 80's & 90's. Have a few hard to get ones including the first 10 issues of Witchblade, Spawn, Flash series 2, Batman - Death in the Family, Vengeance of Bane, Breaking of the Bat, Azrael, Complete death of Superman, Battle Chasers, Troll, X-Men # 1; you name it! Thousands.

I have the first 6/7 issues of the new 52 batman variants. I noticed that the first issue goes for £50 plus on ebay, so that has to be my most valuable although I bought it for cover price originally!

Reactions: tridon
mine are all bagged and boarded, some are on display mostly my current read runs
and the rest are all bagged, boarded and boxed, pretty much all my variants/signed/
limited print comics are bagged/boarded/boxed at the minute with a couple exceptions
that are a part of current runs

I use the "Ultra Pro" bags they're a better fit than the "comic care" ones but harder to
get as most stores only stock "comic care" one's but the "Ultra Pro" have no edges
where the "Comic Care" bags are a few mil wider than a comic book is...

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Thats what I been doing ... Been buying up wolverine comics by the dozen.

If you havent already got it grab

The Wolverine - Chris Claremont, Frank Miller, quality read...

Reactions: tridon
mine are all bagged and boarded, some are on display mostly my current read runs
and the rest are all bagged, boarded and boxed, pretty much all my variants/signed/
limited print comics are bagged/boarded/boxed at the minute with a couple exceptions
that are a part of current runs

I use the "Ultra Pro" bags they're a better fit than the "comic care" ones but harder to
get as most stores only stock "comic care" one's but the "Ultra Pro" have no edges
where the "Comic Care" bags are a few mil wider than a comic book is...

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

If you havent already got it grab

The Wolverine - Chris Claremont, Frank Miller, quality read...

My LCBS used to carry Ultra Pro, but they've switched over to Comic Care now, too. That Wolverine story's excellent, too; the basis for The Wolverine film coming out this summer. Definitely a classic!

Reactions: Pharaoh
My LCBS used to carry Ultra Pro, but they've switched over to Comic Care now, too. That Wolverine story's excellent, too; the basis for The Wolverine film coming out this summer. Definitely a classic!

yea "Ultra Pro" are a 1000xs better, no excess edges but only place near
that I know stocks them is Travelling Man in Manchester so I usual grab a
couple packets whenever I'm near by

If Wolverine is close to the source material it'll be awesome but I doubt it will
be unfortunately. Days of our Future Past still has potential, then maybe
an "Old Man Logan" movie down the line

Hopefully if they do well with "Days of Future Past" plus it fixes the timeline
they'll green light Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men as a movie and capitalize
of Whedon's name and give us a truly awesome X-Men story...

My valuable ones are packed away at the moment, but these are ultimately more valuable to me, anyway...

Wolverine (Vol. 4) #1 Blank Variant with sketch and autograph by Herb Trimpe... the first man to ever draw Wolverine in a comic book! :scat:

photo (1).jpg

Captain America #109 and Peter Parker: Spider-Man #29, both autographed by Stan Lee! :D

photo (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
probably this..... pretty much sold all of my floppies (as i call them) about 5 years ago, and replaced what i could with HC collections which i think look so much better on the shelves, plus they are a lot easier just to pull out and read, must of had about 5 or 6 thousand comics, now down to about 500 HC (and growing)

Attachments

• IMG_0065_thumb.jpg
    IMG_0065_thumb.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
probably this..... pretty much sold all of my floppies (as i call them) about 5 years ago, and replaced what i could with HC collections which i think look so much better on the shelves, plus they are a lot easier just to pull out and read, must of had about 5 or 6 thousand comics, now down to about 500 HC (and growing)

Very nice! Are you excited for Marvel's remastered Miracleman collection?

Very nice! Are you excited for Marvel's remastered Miracleman collection?

yes i am, looking forward to seeing what Gaiman does to finish his arc off, i was hoping they would put out one big omnibus rather than reprint them in book form but i see the have advertised book 1 A Dream Of Flying, so looks like i will be waiting a while for a big book, and then i will have to decided if i sell my individual issues run, but i do have the Mark Buckingham issues signed and the Gary Leach also, so probably not.

One thing i hope Marvel don't do is try to incorporate MM into the MU.