Which slipcover do you think is overrated?

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
There's a lot of rarities out there, so which slipcover do you think is the most overrated?

You can even use this thread to show off the slipcovers that you simply despise!

For me... Bram Stoker's Dracula. The film was okay to me (the best part was obviously Gary Oldman's portrayal), but slip-fans went nuts for this slipcover because it was quite tough to find when it first came out. It quickly went OOP and mint ones became even harder to find. It's considered one of the hardest-to-find slipcovers out there and I've never cared if I ever owned it.

*Not my photo (used Google Images)
View attachment 74470

What's yours? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GVZER
I used to own the Dracula slipcover but sold it. Nothing special about the slip except that it is hard to find.

I know this is quite controversial but for me the most over-rated blu-ray slipcover I ever owned is the FS exclusive slipcover of Drive. I gave it away to a friend as I felt no attachment to it...lol

View attachment 74471

Not that hard to find but very expensive to acquire. I hated the movie and the cardboard used on the slip is quite thin. The slipcover is embossed, glossy and all but not $100 nice.:movie:

I agree, do not care for this Dracula slip AT ALL. Do not own it and do not want it.

I personally think that Dreamgirls is the most OVERATED slip out there. No one wants it because they like it, just because its rare.

Last edited:
Reactions: kryptonite
I know this is quite controversial but for me the most over-rated blu-ray slipcover I ever owned is the FS exclusive slipcover of Drive. I gave it away to a friend as I felt no attachment to it...lol

Not that hard to find but very expensive to acquire. I hated the movie and the cardboard used on the slip is quite thin. The slipcover is embossed, glossy and all but not $100 nice.:movie:

its by far the best slipcover ive ever seen and worth every penny imo

Reactions: Bluprint

Blasphemy! EEK!

Reactions: steellogic

I can understand that, man. No point in owning a slipcover if you don't like the film. Good of you for giving it to a friend who wanted it.

I agree, do not care for this Dracula slip AT ALL. Do not own it and do not want it.

I personally think that Dreamgirls is the most OVERATED slip out there. No one wants it because they like it, just because its rare.

Dreamgirls is another goofy one. The slipcover is completely ugly, but it's rare, so everybody wants it. I couldn't care less about it.