Whiplash (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #24) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: November 29, 2015
Purchase links: Quarter Slip - Lenti - Full Slip (Pre-order November 3 at 2 PM Korea time). Use the following time zone converter to find the time in your area ☞ CLICK
Price: $31.99 (Quarter Slip) - $34.99 (Full Slip - Lenti)
Note: Lenti (2000 copies) - Full slip (1600 copies) - Quarter Slip (TBA)

Scanavo case thread can be found here.

12019940_1779503805610162_5626816594864227940_n.jpg

1445505333385934.jpg
1445504474740715.jpg
14455062883801924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we sure this will be a steelbook? Cause Blu Collection had alreay announced a Slipbox and they used a similiar promo shot, and this new one dosent say steelbook anywhere...

Yeah, now I'm confused. I know the Blu Collection makes the steelbook exclusives for Kimchi. And there is the Blu Collection logo in the bottom corner of this promo too. So is this going to be the same thing as they had already hinted at? Or will the Blu Collection release a keep case under their line, AND a separate steelbook for Kimchi? Ugh, so confusing.

I was thinking about getting the one from Zavvi, but now I'll wait for more news on this one. So glad to see an exclusive for this brilliant movie.

Will most likely be getting this one since the finish will be known beforehand, and I'm not willing to take a $41 chance on Zavvi's being glossy.

Yeah, now I'm confused. I know the Blu Collection makes the steelbook exclusives for Kimchi. And there is the Blu Collection logo in the bottom corner of this promo too. So is this going to be the same thing as they had already hinted at? Or will the Blu Collection release a keep case under their line, AND a separate steelbook for Kimchi? Ugh, so confusing.
It's really not that confusing. The only thing we knew previously was that The Blu Collection was working on a limited edition of Whiplash. I don't think they ever announced that it was a slipbox or a steelbook or anything. It was an assumption of the HDN community that they were doing a slipbox.
Now Kimchi has announced that it will be a Kimchidvd steelbook exclusive--designed by The Blu Collection. Really not confusing.

It's really not that confusing. The only thing we knew previously was that The Blu Collection was working on a limited edition of Whiplash. I don't think they ever announced that it was a slipbox or a steelbook or anything. It was an assumption of the HDN community that they were doing a slipbox.
Now Kimchi has announced that it will be a Kimchidvd steelbook exclusive--designed by The Blu Collection. Really not confusing.

I guess I just got my hopes/expectations up because I much prefer a keep case over a steelbook.

Another blow for Zavvi and Empire! lol
First they select the wrong artwork, now that they have fixed the problem, they are being overshadowed because Whiplash is getting the prestigious Kimchi steelbook treatment, as it rightfully deserves!

Reactions: Fisheds
The new artwork for Zavvi is the one I really prefer and if they made that fully gloss, I'll be all over it. But at this point, that isn't confirmed. :dunno:

I might wait for an official announcement for this first..

i did have the Zavvi one on preorder.but since this news,I have cancelled that one,& will most definitely be going for this version.superb movie btw,but will only buy one steelbook version :thumbs:

I asked the Blu Collection on Facebook, and it doesn't seem as simple as you make it out to be. Yes, there is the Kimchi exclusive steel, but they still might release a keep case edition as part of their numbered line.

nnKxEdZ.png

Long live the keep case!