Who Framed Roger Rabbit (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Jul 3, 2012
Release date: December 7, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $28.99

45EC863D-9A9A-4FFC-AC85-64477FAFA880.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@apsmith21 -i had asked eons ago and you said there were quality issues (if i remember correctly).
I'd be in for one

Just to restate - regular GB rules apply. I don't open them, so if they arrive without visible defects, then I'll consider them OK to mail. I think in general, because these are likely mailed from stores, there is greater likelihood that they will be shipped in
bubble mailers.

Once people purchase a copy, I'll place an order. Presuming there's not a ton of interest I've only stocked 6 copies to start.

Reactions: Felix_ro
@apsmith21 Please reply to my PM I sent to you regarding your Groupbuys. Why did you send an oviusly damaged copy of this Steelbook to me? The paint chips hurt. I asked you several times before to send me a pristine copy, but you didn't read my PM's and didn't care. Otherwise it would have been very easy to see those ugly paint chips without even bothering to open the shrinkwrap. Same goes with "Dirty Dancing" I bought from you. Both copies with broken PET edge. It's not so bad as with Roger Rabbit and not that I couldn't live with it, still it's really frustrating when buying from you and hoping to receive everything in mint condition. But when you refuse to ship mint copies and to communicate through PM's, what can I do???

Attachments

• 20220513_031422.jpg
    20220513_031422.jpg
    945.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 20220513_031647.jpg
    20220513_031647.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • 20220513_031716.jpg
    20220513_031716.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220513_031731.jpg
    20220513_031731.jpg
    902.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220513_031736.jpg
    20220513_031736.jpg
    876.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220513_031746.jpg
    20220513_031746.jpg
    896.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220513_031802.jpg
    20220513_031802.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: Granada
@apsmith21 Please reply to my PM I sent to you regarding your Groupbuys. Why did you send an oviusly damaged copy of this Steelbook to me? The paint chips hurt. I asked you several times before to send me a pristine copy, but you didn't read my PM's and didn't care. Otherwise it would have been very easy to see those ugly paint chips without even bothering to open the shrinkwrap. Same goes with "Dirty Dancing" I bought from you. Both copies with broken PET edge. It's not so bad as with Roger Rabbit and not that I couldn't live with it, still it's really frustrating when buying from you and hoping to receive everything in mint condition. But when you refuse to ship mint copies and to communicate through PM's, what can I do???
Drama Popcorn GIF by Alexander IRL

Looks like a mint Best Buy Steelbook to me, dude. :naughty: Only a shame that you didn't get the Best Buy exclusive spine slash!

painting paint GIF by Household

I can see the little paint chip on the corner, but am not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at in the other pics...

community paper GIF
Exactly what I was going to say. And that corner scratch could've been unnoticed, as a corner shrink wrap flicker or something.
I've come across such people on my forum as well, complaining, posting photos of something visible only to them, extreme cases of OCD. They're probably the ones sending back copies 3-5 times, and making some companies either raise shipping prices for everyone, or deny mailing to certain countries, and other, bigger companies give up entirely on special packaging, because it does not help against such 'severe cases'...

Exactly what I was going to say. And that corner scratch could've been unnoticed, as a corner shrink wrap flicker or something.
I've come across such people on my forum as well, complaining, posting photos of something visible only to them, extreme cases of OCD. They're probably the ones sending back copies 3-5 times, and making some companies either raise shipping prices for everyone, or deny mailing to certain countries, and other, bigger companies give up entirely on special packaging, because it does not help against such 'severe cases'...
You mean "such people" like me? To be honest, people like me keep the physical media industry in business since I've been collecting movies from all different countries and (boutique) labels for over 20 years already. So to speak, people like me might tend to be extremely picky, but you can also argue that it normally comes with huge amounts of stuff that I buy each year and therefore keep the physical media alive while at the same time many used-to-be collectors from the early days switched over to streaming. So, there's always two sides of coin. Yes, I'm picky, but I think it's normal when you spend so much money for special packaging to expect it to arrive mint. Also regarding sending back copies 3-5 times...What else can, for example, international customers do when you want to have something from Amazon, Best Buy and so on and they ship in the worst packaging imaginable? As an international customer you don't have much of a choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: Chemartin_1
Maybe it’s just me but I’d never expect a pristine SB from a retail GB. You’re at the mercy of the store. That Roger steel looks very acceptable to me given how mangled these can often be. I also think it’s a little absurd to expect the GB’er to be returning copies to get that perfect match.

If you want a ‘perfect’ copy, go to eBay and sift through what’s there.

You mean "such people" like me? To be honest, people like me keep the physical media industry in business since I've been collecting movies from all different countries and (boutique) labels for over 20 years already. So to speak, people like me might tend to be extremely picky, but you can also argue that it normally comes with huge amounts of stuff that I buy each year and therefore keep the physical media alive while at the same time many used-to-be collectors from the early days switched over to streaming. So, there's always two sides of coin. Yes, I'm picky, but I think it's normal when you spend so much money for special packaging to expect it to arrive mint. Also regarding sending back copies 3-5 times...What else can, for example, international customers do when you want to have something from Amazon, Best Buy and so on and they ship in the worst packaging imaginable? As an international customer you don't have much of a choice.
sorry, but i disagree.. returning 3-5 copies means the retailer made a HEFTY loss (due to shipping charges, copies being relisted, etc.).. which means overall prices need to increase to make up for the losses they made and eventually steels are going to be so expensive that nobody will buy them

what else can you do instead of returning them? just dont buy them from those retailers.. and sooner or later youll get banned from there anyways because they (and most people) definitely dont share your opinion of whats being normal

sorry, but i disagree.. returning 3-5 copies means the retailer made a HEFTY loss (due to shipping charges, copies being relisted, etc.).. which means overall prices need to increase to make up for the losses they made and eventually steels are going to be so expensive that nobody will buy them

what else can you do instead of returning them? just dont buy them from those retailers.. and sooner or later youll get banned from there anyways because they (and most people) definitely dont share your opinion of whats being normal
Might sound surprising to you, but I'm no person actually who returns 3-5 copies each time and as I said, I've been collecting for over 20 years constantly now and didn't have a problem to get most stuff in a condition I accept. Though, you have to distinguish between OCD regarding failure in production (happens - very rarely a product is 100 % mint, I've come to accept this fact in those 20 years) and regarding bad packaging in a simple bubblemailer when you order a boxset from Zavvi for example. I think, much damage happens during transit worldwide and that's just because there are almost no retailers anymore that ship with good protection. No wonder that so much special packaging gets damaged to customers nowadays. I tend to say that there are people much more picky than me out there who return stuff just because there's a little tear in shrinkwrap or so (I'm no guy who wants to keep everything sealed, so I don't care). But I can understand returns when it comes to bad shipping. At the end, retailers have to see for themselves what is cheaper for them: Just package with more care or frequently accept returns from customers. Retailers or private ebay sellers shipping with good protection almost never have to fear a return by me because everything arrives safe. But that's too much Off-Topic, regarding "Roger Rabbit", it clearly has to do with cheap production and not the shipping itself (protection was fine). Normally, I'd also not have posted those pictures and that issue in the forum, but apsmith21 left me no choice since he never replied to my messages. When you participate in his Group Buys, he also writes that if you are OCD that you send him a PM and something will be worked out. That's what I did before I paid for the shipping. Unfortunately, he never read my PM and never replied. And that's what pisses me off. Otherwise, he might have sent a better copy to me and mine to another user who is not as OCD as me...