Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: March 25, 2013
Purchase link: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Price: £14.95
Notes: Limited edition of 3000, Includes artwork inside and case is embossed and debossed.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

rrembossfr-jpg.26642

rremboss-jpg.26641

rrdebossba-jpg.26640

rrdeboss-jpg.26639

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Is that a phallic symbol for Maroon Studios? Pay attention, Maroon. Stop looking at the rabbit that way. She's just drawn bad.

Add some collectibles with this Steelbook like an art book, a film cel, a soundtrack, a making of bonus disc, a Roger Rabbit figurine, a Jessica Rabbit figurine, and maybe even a mini comic book or mini graphic novel.

Mini artbook would be cool. A lot of people originally wanted this to be a digibook given the potential for the content to go in it.

It hasn't sold out! it's just not for sale at the moment.

Welcome to the world of The Hut Group websites with all their weird and not so wonderful glitches.

Exactly. I don't know how many times this had been posted in this thread but people choose to ignore those posts regardless. Common sense suggests that this hasn't been made available yet. Who honestly thinks it sold out in half an hour when nobody was even made aware it existed until after it supposedly did? :rolleyes:

Anyway I think this would've been the next Play.com exclusive but since they're shutting down Zavvi have instead bought the exclusivity.

Exactly. I don't know how many times this had been posted in this thread but people choose to ignore those posts regardless. Common sense suggests that this hasn't been made available yet. Who honestly thinks it sold out in half an hour when nobody was even made aware it existed until after it supposedly did? :rolleyes:

Agreed and if Zavvi or The Hut are going to do more of these exclusive then people are going to have to get used to the fact that this isn't Play with their great information and service for steelbooks, The Hut Group and their websites won't be like that.

Anyway I think this would've been the next Play.com exclusive but since they're shutting down Zavvi have instead bought the exclusivity.

I agree, this totally smells like a future Play.com exclusive that Zavvi have picked up.

WOW! Can't believe it's sold out already ;)

Just another warning shot for those who have never used Zavvi or haven't yet fallen foul of their appalling customer service.

They are easily the worst online UK outfit IMHO. Their practices are unbelievable and yet people will still use them because they are 7p cheaper (on other products - I appreciate this is an exclusive) and then bemoan the fact that they don't receive the item for literally months.

One of their more heinous business models is advertising a product at a particular price to test the water and see if they can get a set number of customers to order the item. They then take that number to the suppliers and see if they can source the item at a price that will then create a certain amount of profit for them per item. If they can: happy days. You get your item (after a few weeks). If they can't: they cancel the order outright because they never had the stock in the first place. I've experienced this on 3 out of the 4 times I've used them and you'll find many UK customers who feel the same way.

Hey - if they are getting into the game - fair play. There is going to be a big hole left from Play's (and possibly HMV's) exit. However Zavvi is the worse possible substitute and I'd highly warn anyone from using them.

It would be lovely if Zavvi did raise their game and listen to the consumers on this one. Ship at an appropriate time, have a debossed/embossed inner, have good packaging, have sensitive customer service. Hell, actually having the item and not putting it on the site to then take it down would be an improvement! I'm more than happy to be disproved on any of these points and I'd love it if they took up the mantle in the UK of being the darlings of the Steelbook collector's world. I just won't hold my breath.

Reactions: Noodles