Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: March 25, 2013
Purchase link: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Price: £14.95
Notes: Limited edition of 3000, Includes artwork inside and case is embossed and debossed.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

rrembossfr-jpg.26642

rremboss-jpg.26641

rrdebossba-jpg.26640

rrdeboss-jpg.26639

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong...this is a great looking steelbook...

image-2850865094-jpg.383910

but it could have been much better...

mwut.jpg

They way they handled the logo on the official design has always bugged the **** out of me.

...and yes I understand why they kinda did what they did and that my version could not accommodate the same embossing / debossing that the real version has and to that I say....damn the embossing.

Last edited:
Steelbook of the year not a surprise really.

I've not found many since that stand with RR.

Shame about Germany ripping off yet another amazing steel although it won't be anywhere near the quality of the zavvi one and there's also the german writing as well, but it would be nice for a change if they came up with something new and fresh instead of trying to pan this inferior product off on people to cash in on the success of the original steelbook.

mwut.jpg

They way they handled the logo on the official design has always bugged the **** out of me.

...and yes I understand why they kinda did what they did and that my version could not accommodate the same embossing / debossing that the real version has and to that I say....damn the embossing.
It's surprising what a few minor changes can do... that does look much better! I still think the "25th anniversary" isn't needed/looks out of place though.

But, hey... well done to Zavvi/WFRR for winning steelbook of the year! :scat:

Steelbook of the year not a surprise really.

I've not found many since that stand with RR.

Shame about Germany ripping off yet another amazing steel although it won't be anywhere near the quality of the zavvi one and there's also the german writing as well, but it would be nice for a change if they came up with something new and fresh instead of trying to pan this inferior product off on people to cash in on the success of the original steelbook.

As far as I know, the artwork on the Zavvi steelbook is the same art used worldwide, so it is not a rip off. All the amarays have the same artwork even in the UK. I have yet to see different cover art and from what I have heard before, the studio has greater input on the artwork used

mwut.jpg

well, idk.. the original looks better imo

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
I still think this is one of the best steelbooks ever released. It's a real gem of a release. It's high quality is part of the reason I started to become a collector of steelbooks in general.

This has great artwork, nice gloss finish, lots of colors, emboss/deboss and of course Roger Rabbit on the back. Region free. Got this for about $100 with film cell about a year & a 1/2 ago sealed / mint. It's opened and confirmed Truly mint, Flawless :thumbs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 81
Honestly You Must have paid a whole fortune for steelbooks. Whenever I read one of your posts it says "got this for a $100+x." You seem to be a good costumer for some sellers ;) no offence, just wondered where your treasure vault is :D

This has great artwork, nice gloss finish, lots of colors, emboss/deboss and of course Roger Rabbit on the back. Region free. Got this for about $100 with film cell about a year & a 1/2 ago sealed / mint. It's opened and confirmed Truly mint, Flawless :thumbs:

Honestly You Must have paid a whole fortune for steelbooks. Whenever I read one of your posts it says "got this for a $100+x." You seem to be a good costumer for some sellers ;) no offence, just wondered where your treasure vault is :D

Yeah, it's True, I've paid some Dummy Prices. Its because I tend to only go for listings that specifically says MINT, OCD MINT, FLAWLESS, or Perfect copies. Those are the magical words that usually get me to pull the trigger. I used to buy from a Seller who gives me a 100% money back gaurantee. Even AFTER it is OPENED. But I don't use that seller anymore because he charges too much. I'm more if a HUNTER now. I stay caught up, at the store on release day, I buy directly from: Zavvi, Kimchi, and Plain Archives. Granted there are a few that I miss, so there's a mark up for that. Convenience Factor plays a role sometimes. I do have some nice steels but I'm a small fish in this big pond. A lot if other ninjas collection would dwarf mine. Im at about 150 and counting. Only been at it less than two years...

Just received a copy of this through Amazon Marketplace. The guy sent it in a bubble mailer and consequently there is a dent across the top.

Absolutely gutted, have messaged him asking for a full refund. Who sends a £40 steelbook in a bubble mailer... really?

:(