Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: March 25, 2013
Purchase link: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Price: £14.95
Notes: Limited edition of 3000, Includes artwork inside and case is embossed and debossed.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

rrembossfr-jpg.26642

rremboss-jpg.26641

rrdebossba-jpg.26640

rrdeboss-jpg.26639

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this steelbook. I have a copy myself. i think its nice, but i still think they could have done better. Especially with the front artwork. Definatley not in my top 5 for steel of the year.

I just dont see it.

I know what you mean.
It's the "25th" bit, throws everything off.
They should've been at the bottom or at least centre.

I didn't mind it that much but I get your point I find little things on other steelbooks that I would rather not be there.

This for me is still one of the best I have and for me I really wish there were more 3k print runs even 1k or 2k once in a blue moon would be nice just to mix it up a bit. at the moment it's 4k or 5k some not even ltd to a number.

Mind you they usually don't sell out of the large runs so you can sometimes get them at a reduced price.

Last edited:
Watched this last week again after a while. Was really shocked how times have changed my tastes. This fusion of animated characters and real characters doesn't work for me anymore. I didn't enjoy the viewing that much.

Sealed or not, this is now scared by my disinterest in the movie :(

Gonna be on top of the Disney channel on cable to see what other classics are not worth spending money on.

Not to go too off-topic, but I am always completely puzzled by this Disney obession. I have 2 little kids and since I'm a pretty lazy dad I often have them watch movies on the weekends and so I catch the occasional dose of Cars, Bambi, Toy Story, Ice Age etc. and even though I can appreciate the craftmanship and storytelling on a certain level and feel comfortable letting my kids watch this, but these movies HAVE ZERO APPEAL to me as an adult male and I really don't know why folks obsess so much about these steelbooks. Is that just me being ignorant????

Not to go too off-topic, but I am always completely puzzled by this Disney obession. I have 2 little kids and since I'm a pretty lazy dad I often have them watch movies on the weekends and so I catch the occasional dose of Cars, Bambi, Toy Story, Ice Age etc. and even though I can appreciate the craftmanship and storytelling on a certain level and feel comfortable letting my kids watch this, but these movies HAVE ZERO APPEAL to me as an adult male and I really don't know why folks obsess so much about these steelbooks. Is that just me being ignorant????

Its not being ignorant if you have no interest in animated classics. Everyone has different tastes. I for one have no interest in Masters of cinema releases but that's just me. I wouldn't think less of anyone who enjoys them.

Also as a fan of Disney, not all titles are appealing to me. Take for example the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I love part 1 and dislike part 2. Same thing with Bambi. You could apply the same logic across all genres of film. Some you like and some you dont

There is a part of nostalgia, but the obsession with Disney is also due largely I think with value of steels and blu rays over the time, because of the principle of Disney's vault....but I may be completely wrong.
And of course there is the fact of it being a collection....

Reactions: levi and Lutzo
Like any movie, you sometimes have to look past the technical aspects and limitations of the films at the time.

I'm sure anyone watching STAR WARS today will find that the aliens look fake, and there aren't as many close-ups and slow-motion explosion effects as there are today.

Same with Roger Rabbit. Yes, the technical aspects have advanced a great deal. In fact, WFRR was one of the last films made using 'old-school' optical effects instead of CGI. However, if you are willing to look past it, it still has a great story and a unique set of characters that stand the test of time.

For me Roger Rabbit is much different than all the other Disneys ... they really pushed the border. However much has been cut out of the original. There's some interesting info on that matter.

Like for instance....

1:13:08-1:13:09
Altered scene:
Jessica Rabbit is thrown out of the car and slides across the ground. In the TV broadcast, Jessica Rabbit does not wear any underclothes; for the DVD version, her dress was adjusted.
According to the IMDB, also the old VHS version had already been edited at this point, namely by adding a white slip.

So it has some adult appeal for me. :)

Reactions: TobinFrost