[WINNER CHOSEN] DOUBLE LENTI DARK KNIGHT BLUFANS GIVEAWAY

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Hey all,

Use this thread to chat about all things steelbook. Chat away ...

In an undetermined amount of time (when I need to submit GB addresses) I will then conduct the giveaway via random.org using the Post #s in this thread.

Your entries could be 1 (if you post 1 time) or 100 if you post 100 times.

At that time, I will figure out who wins the free DL TDK Blufans Edition. If you already bought the DL, you will get yours for free as I will refund you. ;)

I will host the giveaway LIVE on my IG by rolling the virtual dice first, if it lands on 5 then I will randomize the numbers 5 times and whatever # it lands on that post count # is the winner.

Probably not the first movie I've seen at the cinema, but one I remember most, definitely one of the first, watched it in an open-air theater in Tashkent (Uzbekistan) with my mother, she loved Mithun Chakraborty (he's like an Indian Jeff Goldblum) - Dance Dance (1987):

It was obviously 'inspired' by Streets of Fire, but I didn't know that then. :D

The actress playing his sister died not just in the movie, but in real life during production, so he's really singing to her memory.

The first ever movie I saw in the theatre was Batman Begins. I was too young to understand what was going on, but damn my dad chose a good movie as my first ever theatrical experience
The first film I watched in a cinema I can't remember as it was so long ago back in 1971
I was age 4 or 5 at the time :rofl:

My primary school back in the 70's was the local cinema
Every Friday the pupils we had a choice to watch films from 1PM to 5 PM in the school cinema or stay in class and study
It was a easy choice to make :LOL:

Every Friday from 1974 to 1979
I was watching double bill and sometimes a triple bill of films and covered a wide range of film genre and that included horror films
Some was films we watched was later given a classification of 15/18 but the school pupils age group on Friday's was age 7-18 :giggle:
No proper checks was been done as to what the pupils was watching :rofl:

On Saturdays the cinema was open to the general public but sometimes was different films to what the school pupils watched on the Friday
Saturday the films been provided was suitable for all ages

I also went regularly every week to cinemas in Dublin City Centre in the 70s'/80's
The Ambassador
Adelphi
The Carlton Cinema
The Savoy Cinema
The Astor Cinema (later known as Odeon Cinema)
And many more back in the 70's/80's we had lots of cinemas in Dublin
There was over 56 different cinemas back then

The first film I can remember watching with all of my family (Mom/Dad/Sister) in the Savoy Cinema was in 1974 Sean Connery Film Ransom (aka The Terrorists in USA)
I went to other films with my family before this but can't remember exactly what those films was most likely would have been a re showing of one of the Disney Animated films from the 40's/50's/60's/70's

Beside the school local cinema every Friday
From 1975 to 1985
I also went to cinemas in Dublin city centre every week and watched a minimun of 3 films a week with my best friend during that time who was very serious about films his main job since he left school has been an actor in theatre and films/tv productions
During the summer holidays it was 4-5 times a week

I still have memories of cinema staff asking how old are you :LOL: when going to films that was age rated 15/18 when I was 11 or 12
They was not very strict in some dublin cinemas back then :rofl:

Big difference now I mostly watch films at home now instead

Thanks @Wreck for the giveaway

The first steelbook I purchased was The Wolfman in 2010

1646761745436.jpeg

Didn’t see anyone make a post, was going to do one but too lazy lol. Apparently this is a GameStop exclusive. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a GameStop exclusive steelbook before

One of the first films a remember watching (not at the cinema) was a nightmare on elm Street 3.
I dont think anyone cared about age ratings back then lol
When I was 16 I got a job at the Austin Cinema and worked there until I joined the Army. Because I worked at the cinema I got in to any movie, any rating. For free. Plus we always got free popcorn and coke. Those were the days. I recently came across an old photo of me at work. Standing outside the theater looking like a vampire, chasing a girl I worked with for a promotion of Love at First Bite. Cool flashback.

The Person - who won the Huge Iron Man Give Away ExtraWaganza, did he ever post anything like "It's Arrived, look at the pictures !!!" ? I mean it was a Huge Haul ... Or did he just disappear ? (Like I thought he would)

The Person - who won the Huge Iron Man Give Away ExtraWaganza, did he ever post anything like "It's Arrived, look at the pictures !!!" ? I mean it was a Huge Haul ... Or did he just disappear ? (Like I thought he would)
He was so happy with the haul that he closed his account and quit steelbook collecting forever

• Haha
Reactions: Space Cadet
Why did you think he'd disappear? Was it an unknown newbie? I would think mega wins would make one want to showcase their win.

Oh I’ve seen those, I had originally thought those were from best buy
Doesn't matter where they were from. They are dumb and a waste of money imo. Ironically my wife says that about my collection habit. Of course, I always throw back that my collection can be sold for profit when I croak, unlike her cigs at eight bucks a pack.