[Winner Chosen] One Premium Membership!!!

MGD

Premium Supporter
Feb 10, 2013
Boston, MA
To celebrate the New Forum, I will Give Away One Premium Membership

I am very thankful for all your support and this is my way of giving back to the community.

I would like to thank @Wreck, @apsmith21 ,@digitalbabe, @tridon and the rest of the HDN Staff.

Thank you and Good luck to all!

- Matthew

hidefcloseup-jpg.83784

Info:

• Click the Thanks button please
  • Who's your favorite movie director of all time and why? ( Videos or Pictures are Welcome )
  • All Members are Welcome to share. I will only be adding Non-Premium Members.
  • I will select a Winner using Random.org on August 8th

List of Members Participating: :D

1.@Marcuszoller
2.@alan chaplin
3.@meaner
4.@max steelbook
5.@vivablu
6.@steel888
7.@UpsetSmiley
8.@severo - Winner
9.@T800kaz
10.@Witcombed1
11.@bigwednesday0
12.@Ricardo13
13.@BluSteel2012
14.@galareta2332
15.@zues
16.@hellboydce1
17.@marillion45
18.@jonnie123
19.@Ronnie3067
20.@pdbluray
21.@mactaylor
22.@augustus
23.@BradG1984
24.@themanfromunkle
25.@stashbr
26.@lomadu
27.@phishphan192
28.@Bunk
29.@fcagno
30.@jackie879

Last edited:
Thanks for the generous giveaway.

1 of my favourite directors is this man below...

images (10).jpg

Michael bay, some would argue that he lost his way with transformers but his earlier work ie the rock, bad boys, the island etc are directorial masterpieces, his style is unique and fast paced.

Reactions: MGD
Thanks for the giveaway!

For me it has got to be Tarantino!
The reasons are his eye for detail and dark humor, the amazing soundtracks, his (sometimes) subtle critic to the world that is embedded into his characters, and the obvious love he has for movies. Always a good time!
Tarantino-XX-full-mural.jpg

To celebrate the New Forum, I will Give Away One Premium Membership

I am very thankful for all your support and this is my way of giving back to the community.

I would like to thank @Wreck, @apsmith21 ,@digitalbabe, @tridon and the rest of the HDN Staff.

Thank you and Good luck to all!

- Matthew

hidefcloseup-jpg.83784

Info:

• Click the Thanks button please
  • Who's your favorite movie director of all time and why? ( Videos or Pictures are Welcome )
  • All Members are Welcome to share. I will only be adding Non-Premium Members.
  • I will select a Winner using Random.org on August 8th

List of Members Participating: :D

1.@Marcuszoller
2.@alan chaplin
3.@meaner
4.@max steelbook
5.@vivablu
6.@steel888
7.@UpsetSmiley
8.@severo
9.@T800kaz
10.@Witcombed1
11.@bigwednesday0
12.@Ricardo13
13.@BluSteel2012
14.@galareta2332
15.@zues
16.@hellboydce1
17.@marillion45
[/QUOT

What a generous giveaway Matthew!

My favourite director has to be Chris Nolan. He makes films that directly tackle the way in which we consume them and this can often result in mind blowing and entertaining movies.

Thanks for the awesome Give-Away.

It has been interesting to read through the previous posts and see the choices made by other members.

For me, however, there is only one possible choice - Sir David Lean, a master craftsman from a bygone era. I have loved his work ever since I first saw "Lawrence of Arabia" many, many years ago. It is his masterpiece and rightly regarded as one of the greatest movies ever made. A perfect blend of intimate drama and epic scale combined with great cinematography.

If he had made nothing else, he would still be my favourite director but there are also a number of other films of his that I love, from the Dickens adaptations "Great Expectations" and "Oliver Twist" to the epics "The Bridge on the River Kwai" and "Doctor Zhivago". Even the flawed "Ryan's Daughter" and "A Passage to India" still showed a craftsman at work. Spielberg once said that you could take a still from any Lean film and it would be suitable for framing.

So tough to choose between Tarantino and Christopher Nolan! Everything Tarantino does is amazing, and Nolan took my favourite superhero and made the best trilogy of movies to date with him! Couldn't choose between the 2 I'm afraid! :thumbs:

Thanks for the give away. My favorite director is Terry Gilliam. Between Fear and Loathing, 12 Monkeys and Dr Parnassus you have a couple of gems. Love his movies!

Thanks for the give-away!

wes-anderson-moonrise-kingdom-image.jpg

I would have to say Wes Anderson, director of Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr Fox, Moonrise Kingdom, and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

He has a style like no other, the way he chooses the colours of the sets, where to put his camera, the actors he picks... it always makes for films full of inventivity and heart :).

Another Anderson I like : PTA :cool:.

I have many favorites, but Tobe Hooper ranks pretty high up on my list. You can't go wrong with the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Poltergeist, and Invaders from Mars!