[WINNER CHOSEN] The Stupendous, Codswallop of a Giveaway!

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
Hello all my fellow HDN'rs!

As promised here's that giveaway I spoke about...

To win this bundle below, ideally for someone who's only recently getting into films in general.. all you have to do is:

1) Reply to this thread With your top 5 Tv and/or films of 2018 with a description why your top choice was picked!
+
2) Reply and Tag @spass with a witty remark about his beloved football team. (If you haven't guessed, its Liverpool) Funnier, the better. Pics/gifs allowed too. Spass can take it, so don't be gentle on him.

20190101_215346.jpg

Close up pics for those with poor eyesight, just like Karius:
Some but not all shown up close
20190101_215042.jpg
20190101_215047.jpg
20190101_215052.jpg
20190101_215059.jpg
20190101_215116.jpg
20190101_215125.jpg
20190101_215139.jpg
20190101_215146.jpg
20190101_215153.jpg

Just to be clear, these are mixed region, so a multiregion Bluray player is needed for some! All you have to pay for is shipping. A winner will be selected randomly on 31st Jan.

Good luck all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Last edited:
Damn generous giveaway! :)

Going to have a think and might enter for a few buddies(can see many titles missing from friends collections) and maybe keep a couple b’day gifts(IF am lucky enough to win)

Wow. Blast from the past!! Here’s mine

1. Avengers Infinity War
2. A Quiet Place
3. Black Panther
4. Ready Player One
5. Narcos.

Avengers is number one because even with all the hype it still managed to surprise and impress in a way I never thought it could

Also @spass

F757041E-F8FC-4F93-BCF4-A2FF0C49CE9A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: spass
What an absolutely awesome giveaway! Thank you for your generosity ... I will throw my two pence in and cross every bone in my body that I am lucky enough to win...

My top 5 films of 2018 are:

1. Deadpool 2 - Deadpool 2 being my favourite purely for the reason of topping my precious favourite Marvel movie; Deadpool! The love that Ryan Reynolds has for the character shines through and he offers something totally different to Marvel and although a little gory has a appeals to a large variety of people.

2. Ant-Man and the Wasp
3. Mission Impossible: Fallout
4. Creed 2
5. Annihilation

@spass I hope Naughtius Maximus has packed away the giveaway already. I wouldn’t want to miss out by somebody slipping on all of those movies similar to how Gerrard slipped and missed out on the Premier League...

https://goo.gl/images/DJyqms

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3902520572.jpg
    iOS Image - 3902520572.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 301
although i have decided not to enter this competition, i just wanted to give a big thumbs up to @Naughtius Maximus for the generosity :woot: and enormity :wow: of this giveaway. well played. :thumbs: this thread deserves to be much busier.

• Thanks
So this ended up at 2 entries! Smh. :eggonface:

Well now it's 3, I'm gonna enter myself David. Was always going to as I would absolutely love to win this epic giveaway but been busy the last week so hope this late entry counts.

I didn’t watch that much 2018 films apparently, when looking at my Letterboxd diary. I was mostly watching tv series last year.

1. Escape at Dannemora
2. The Deuce S2
3. A Prayer Before Dawn
4. A Quiet Place
5. Mandy

So.....Liverpool FC and this title race eh?! This is gonna be a few painful months. We've completely lost form, it's nerve wrecking and not even funny as I'm so afraid that they will **** it up (and it's a huge possibility that can happen).

If we don't win it this year (a few weeks ago we could have been 10 points clear ffs!) I will be a broken man.

lfc.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Well, that's one way to return with a bang! :OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

Very generous of you as always @Naughtius Maximus, and I'm very happy to see you're back. :thumbs: :notworthy:

Decided I'm going to enter this for my stepdad, as he recently got a Blu-ray player but doesn't actually own any Blu's lol.

Still lots of films from last year that I need to check out, but here's my Top 5 as it currently stands...
  1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Isle of Dogs
  3. A Quiet Place
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story
  5. First Man
Honestly, I'm not the biggest Marvel fan. However, Infinity War is the definition of a blockbuster... such a fun and exciting movie that delivers both action and heart. Really looking forward to seeing what happens in Endgame! :ohno:

Below is an exclusive look into the future of @spass in a few months time. :p

@Naughtius Maximus !!! Welcome back Matey! :thumbs::D

Wow that looks like an awesome giveaway (My reaction)
giphy.gif

@spass I'm in the same boat as you Mate. (Liverpool fan) :hilarious:
But a giveaway is a giveaway! so....
hul.jpg

So many fine releases last year.

But here are some of the best in my opinion

1. Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse
2. First Man
3. Avengers Infinity War
4. Red Sparrow
5. Ready Player One
6. The Greatest Showman

These 6 probably had the most impact on me last year and I thought they rocked.

Good luck to everyone. Truly an amazing giveaway.

• Thanks
Reactions: 2KSteely and spass
I've got over 90% of these movies so I'll pass. Being a Liverpool fan too, I'm going to have to avoid this thread as much as possible!! :sick:

Hello all my fellow HDN'rs!

As promised here's that giveaway I spoke about...

To win this bundle below, ideally for someone who's only recently getting into films in general.. all you have to do is:

1) Reply to this thread With your top 5 Tv and/or films of 2018 with a description why your top choice was picked!
+
2) Reply and Tag @spass with a witty remark about his beloved football team. (If you haven't guessed, its Liverpool) Funnier, the better. Pics/gifs allowed too. Spass can take it, so don't be gentle on him.

View attachment 408007

Close up pics for those with poor eyesight, just like Karius:
Just to be clear, these are mixed region, so a multiregion Bluray player is needed for some! All you have to pay for is shipping. A winner will be selected randomly on 31st Jan.

Good luck all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wow, what a giveaway.

1. Into the Spider-Verse
2. Infinity War
3. The Hate You Give
4. Black Panther
5. Green Book

How could I not choose Spider-Verse for number 1? It's possibly the best spider-man movie to date as well as being visually stunning.

@spass:
this-food-is-s3kiu9.jpg

@Naughtius Maximus you are back? Or?...anyway, this is massive giveaway! Thanks!
Seeing the titles it could help me to exchange DVD for Blu-rays finaly. Great collection.

My Top 5:
1. The Endless - i like mystery movies, especialy that David Lynch is rarely making something new, its good to have team that is delivering something extraordinary.
Great sequel and the cast, interesting story and very good pace of the film.
2. Eight Grade - raw movie about childhood. Looks like comedy, but is not. The same is in life. Mid90's was also good from this perspective, but this one was striking me more. Maybe because its about girl and i have doughter that is 2 years old.
3. You were never really here - powerful and emotional. Loved it.
4. Cold War - Polish film that had so many awards and nominations. I am from Poland, thats why i am proud of it. Best Polish film in years.
5. Mandy - Nicolas Cage that was lost star for me, with the director that brought amazing film few years ago = perfect movie with horror and interesting references. Great atmosphere and direction.

@spass so you are...
23af.jpg

What an amazing collection! There were so many amazing movies this past year, but my Top 5 is as follows:

1. Into the Spider Verse -- I have never EVER seen such beautiful animation before. Hands down my number 1.
2. Hereditary -- Truly terrifying.Toni Collette got snubbed for that Oscar don't @ me.
3. A Quiet Place -- It is pretty amazing how a movie with pretty much zero dialogue can create such suspense. Instant classic.
4. Infinity War -- Who can argue with Thor entering the Wakandan battlefield. One of my favorite action sequences ever.
5. Aquaman -- Those DCEU long takes will forever hold a special place in my heart.

@spass smh...
1554171194249.png

Not sure if this is still running but once I see the word Liverpool, I just had to be involved :whistle:

Thanks for an amazing giveaway .Just gonna start off with WOW that is some giveaway and for myself, I have only just got into the collecting as never really had space before:whistle::thumbs:

My Favorite films of the year had to be :

Spiderman into the spiderverse ( easily the best spiderman for me to date )
avengers
black panther
ready player one
isle of dogs

Not from this year but Frozen will always hold a special place for me, when my Daughter was very ill a little while back and spent quite a long time in the hospital, it was one of the only things that would really cheer her up and was lovely to see a little smile on her face.:drool::thumbs: and if I'm honest quite a few of these would be donated to great Ormond st, which is where she was and the stuff they do up there is brilliant.

Ok now onto the fun part :rofl::rofl: @spass Coming from a Yid, you guys were bloody lucky at the weekend :naughty: First half I thought we were done but then the second we were on form up until the cock up.:oohyeah::whistle:.gutted was an understatement.

But if I'm honest I really do hope they go onto win the League mate I think you deserve it this season :thumbs: I really don't want to see City lift it :wow:

everyone-hates-the-international-break-but-not-liverpool-fans-they-6475101.png
images.jpeg
fd95041503b1f03a94f46146f997dcf87ea59c045eeb4b2c177a5784d3a1e6b0.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Thank you for this awesome giveaway :thanks:

1-Halloween
2-Ready player one
3-Bumblebee
4-Deadpool 2
5-Infinity wars