[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Naughtius Maximus's ES GIVEAWAY!! (1/3)

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED - CLICK HERE

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that I've got a TRIO of giveaways that have been kindly donated to HDN from Entertainment Store (ES).

Part 1 of 3 Prize: Forbidden Planet x2 copies (x2 winners)

All you have to do to win this is:
1) This is your chance to show off your geekness and post pictures of your SCI FI collection + tell us how your SCI FI film/TV adventure started?!

To add a picture:
Click on the postcard type icon
insertimage.gif
>> Paste your URL link > click ok >> Done!

Rules:
1) 1 x entry per ninja
2) Must have at least 30 Posts to his/her name.
3) The winner is responsible for shipping costs. (TBC)
4) Add your HDN name to your picture
5) Winners have 7 days to contact me to claim their prize, otherwise it will go to the next random person

Entries will close Tuesday 24th December @ 20:00 (UK time!). The winner will be picked at random...and announced between 21:00-22:00 the same evening :scat:

Cheers and GOOD LUCK! :oohyeah:

David

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll go first then, my love for sci-fi started when my dad rented "Starship Troopers" on VHS when I was 11. I had seen lots of science fiction before this, Total Recall, Aliens and loved them but this movie got me into owning them. I managed to get a copy of my own and I must have watched it every weekend, I absolutely adored watching that movie when i was a kid. My favourite sci-fi movie is Blade Runner or Alien or Aliens or Terminator, I just love all sci-fi except Lost in space, that was pants.

Any way here is my collection, apologies for the scratched up Alien Anthology, it was one of my first blu ray's and I wasn't really into collecting back then, bring on the new UK Aliens Steelbook :scat:

DSCF9100.jpg~original

DSCF9104.jpg~original

DSCF9106.jpg~original

Thanks for the give-away :thumbs:

Reactions: Bluprint
All these titles are tagged sci-fi in my BR.com collection. I left out Cabin in the Woods and a monster movie box set, although tagged. For some reason not all the Batman movies nor Thor were tagged sci-fi, so I left those out too. I haven't watched all these, so I cannot guarantee we'd reach a consensus that all are sci-fi.

My sci-fi interest started with Star Trek TOS, Twilight Zone and Star Trek TNG in syndication. Regardless of the special effects/animation/etc. if a show or movie does not have a decent story and characters, then I would not be interested. There is a lot of good storytelling in sci-fi.

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

The upper left is Terminator 3 (DE)

IMG_1054.jpg

Most of my collection is in boxes as I'm moving house soon, however I managed to find my Battlestar Galactica collection and part of my Stargate collection which were (luckily) in the boxes at the front.

I suppose like the majority of people into sci-fi my first watches were the Star Wars films (original trilogy), which my dad had on VHS (and still does I believe) and we watched them when I was a kid.

However what got me well into it was playing the Final Fantasy games on the PS1 (I suppose this doesn't technically count but they are heavily sci-fi and mixed with fantasy and drama so to me they make the cut). Mostly FFVIII which was my first and then the epic FFVII and FFIX.

I then went on to watch countless sci-fi films and TV shows and it never gets old for me.

Battlestar Galactica Collection:-

000_3165.jpg

Had to pay a small premium a few years back for the tin but it was well worth it. One of the center pieces of my collection!

Stargate SG-1 (DVD, all 10 seasons):-

000_3166.jpg

000_3167.jpg

000_3168.jpg

000_3169.jpg

I have all the other Stargate films and series but they must be in another box somewhere which I can't find right now.

I spent a long time making these custom covers a few years back. I still have the original chunky season boxes but to save shelf space I purchased some clear normal sized DVD cases which have trays inside to fit 5-6 discs. I then custom designed the covers, using some hi-res scans of stock images, printed them out on high quality gloss photo paper using archival inks and they look amazing in person!

I think I still have the high-res files somewhere so if anyone is interested in printing their own, just let me know via PM.

Oh boy, i don't even now how my sci-fi adventure started. As a sci-fi fan I don't remember somewhere at the end of the 80's on VHS tapes, as a blu-ray collector I started 5 year ago, my first ever amaray was The Fifth Element and my first ever steelbook was I am Legend.

Regarding the photo I already uploaded almost all of my Sci-fi collection HERE, hope this counts.

Thank you David for the awesome giveaway!!!:oohyeah::oohyeah:

IMG_5693.jpg

I got into Sci-fi when I watched an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Then I saw the first episode of Doctor Who with The Eleventh Doctor.

20131209_155314.jpg

attachment.php

This are some of the movies that i had in hand at the moment.

I first fell in love with sci-fi after watching Star Wars (like so many other nerds ;) ) i dont remember how old i was, but it was the magical era of VHS :D

Thanks for the giveaway :thumbs:

Attachments

• 20131209_155904.jpg
    20131209_155904.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 169
picture.php

when i was 9 i accidentally watched Aliens late night at the hotel alone. After a sleepless night i realized that i want to repeat that experience. i love that movie because it was my first horror film ever.

9anusehy.jpg

I cant really pin down a specific time when I fell in love with sci fi, but I can narrow it down to the 90's! :D
I have many fond memories of sitting down with my dad to watch Star Trek: Next Generation, followed by voyager, deep space nine and Star Gate.
My mum used to get fed up with the amount of sci fi we used to watch!

Since its such a vague term, anything it pretty much possible in terms of time, place or style. I think thats why I love it so much, as the options to authors or directors on how to tell a story is endless.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbarnes182
My dad got me into si fiction. 1989, 9 years old, watching Robocop! If only my mum would have found out.

Then it was the first ever movie I saw at the Cinema. Ghostbusters 2! Good memories

Viggy, Viggy, Viggy, you've been a bad monkey!

Thanks for the giveaway!
a7apubu2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have to say my love for SciFi started with these films. I love me some Star Wars. I remember seeing Return of the Jedi over and over. I just couldn't get enough. Now, of course I have alot more SciFi collection but if you saw my room I really couldn't get to it all. I have boxes and boxes in the way at the moment. So, I have to grab my Star Wars Tin Case Collection and as least take the photo that started it all. :D

Thanks for the giveaway. :thumbs:

I'll not be posting a photo of my media server, because that's where the majority of my sci-fi resides these days. You folks have had the tale of woe before, so I'll skip it this time (no cheering, ya buggers :hilarious: )

Science fiction/fantasy and I met a long time ago...

Rewind to a lonely, bullied single child being raised by his great-grandparents while his mum worked a till. The sixties were no time to be a single parent.

Andre Norton was my first encounter. From there I wandered into Heinlein, Clarke. In '75 I picked up a book titled 'Elric of Melnibone'. My fate was sealed.

The escapism and firing of the imagination led me to the TV and any programmes that fit the genre...

On the TV: Pre-comedic (and pre-reboot) Doctor Who, The Tomorrow People, UFO, Blakes 7 and many more groundbreakers that UK TV sadly no longer creates. I also had my first encounter with anime: Marine Boy.

Film wise, the original 'Them', the Day the Earth Caught Fire and Forbidden Planet remain favourites.

While I love what modern CGI has done for visuals, I miss the grit - where the involvement of the viewer had to be invoked by the strength of the plot and protagonists.

Thank you (and them) for a damn fine giveaway!

Last edited:

My journey into SciFi began with a Primary School School Excursion day with a walk to the local cinema to see a new film that our teacher believed was extraordinary. It was opening day of 2001 A Space Odyssey. I must say that as a 5 or 6 year old I was quite bewildered by the film but it was mesmerising on the big screen.