[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Naughtius Maximus's ES GIVEAWAY!! (1/3)

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED - CLICK HERE

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that I've got a TRIO of giveaways that have been kindly donated to HDN from Entertainment Store (ES).

Part 1 of 3 Prize: Forbidden Planet x2 copies (x2 winners)

All you have to do to win this is:
1) This is your chance to show off your geekness and post pictures of your SCI FI collection + tell us how your SCI FI film/TV adventure started?!

To add a picture:
Click on the postcard type icon
insertimage.gif
>> Paste your URL link > click ok >> Done!

Rules:
1) 1 x entry per ninja
2) Must have at least 30 Posts to his/her name.
3) The winner is responsible for shipping costs. (TBC)
4) Add your HDN name to your picture
5) Winners have 7 days to contact me to claim their prize, otherwise it will go to the next random person

Entries will close Tuesday 24th December @ 20:00 (UK time!). The winner will be picked at random...and announced between 21:00-22:00 the same evening :scat:

Cheers and GOOD LUCK! :oohyeah:

David

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bit of a thing for Sci-fi, always have being brought up on Star Trek and Star Wars. depite being into my 30's now this love affair has continued as shown by my 30th birthday presents...

20131218_194937_zps0mqxlfct.jpg

:star wars:

I have plenty of other things i could take a picture of but feel that sums me up perfectly, plus the girlfriend will go a little crazy if i start getting the collection out and playing with the stormtrooper helmet again!!! she is just so unreasonable :thumbs:

thanks for the great giveaway :scat:

Reactions: mllNY
I don't know if I'm eligible to enter but I still would like to share. :)

StarTrek_010_zps79a43a11.jpg

StarTrek_020_zpse664eb66.jpg

StarTrek_030_zps10650fc7.jpg

I got into Star Trek when I was about 8. Just way it on tv one day and I was so enthralled with it I became an instant fan. I started with TNG but I enjoy the entire franchise.

Thanks for the giveaway op and the chance to win.

Last edited:
Even though I love most of the classic sci-fi movies, either they are sagas or not (Blade Runner is one of my favourite movies!) I'd like to talk (and post my collection) about my favourite TV show of all time, Battlestar Galactica. I watched the mini series in tv here back in the day (I didn't know if it was a movie or a tv show) and really liked it! Then I started searching for the show and really loved it. Even though I think The Wire is the best show of all time, BSG is my favourite.

Last edited:
Eventhough I have more Scifi-movies, I do love this particular Sci-fi part of my collection (some may argue Batman isn't Sci-fi):

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8324/sk4x.jpg

My adventure started with my dad loving Star Wars and taking me to The Phantom Menace in theaters (lol, yes, that actually started my love for Sci-Fi). Ever since, I loved the whole aspect of Sci-fi worlds and movies :).

Thanks for the give-away mate!

Just a few of my favorite things...

my custom edition Steelbook with Best Buy exclusive MNU flack vest...

7yae.jpg

4vf1.jpg

Custom ultimate edition of Forbidden Planet...
cdrr.jpg

my blu ray steelbook now lives inside the awesome tin case...
xf6t.jpg

Lastly some of my favorite steelbooks and movies ever...

9wej.jpg

bfow.jpg

My love of Sci-Fi all began with Star Wars. Like so many other people it has pretty much made me the manboy that I am.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT CONTESTS!

Last edited:
Reactions: bigducknfish
yqu3a9yz.jpg

Thanks for the giveaway! My adventure with science-fiction started with The Matrix, which fascinated and confused me when I was 10. It still fascinates me to this day (and confused me a bit too).

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387887537311.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387887537311.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
ik5z.jpg

i only need to post this three movies...

back to the future was my favorite movie when i was young... some years later i was a big fan of event horizon ... and only 2 years later ... my first movie on DVD... Matrix :drool:

My sci-fi adventure started in the mid 1970's when my Dad, who worked at the BBC, brought home a reel to reel video player and we watched episodes of Star Trek. Once you throw in the whole Dr Who experience (Tom Baker rules!), I was hooked :D

No pics but besides all the films I have a library (I kid ye not) of over 1500 books mostly of a sci-fi or fantasy leaning :D

I'm not much of a sci-fi film buff really - though as a kid I loved Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica - that said one of my very favourite steelbooks is for the XBox Alien v Predator game, so that's what I've shared below :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387907283.205750.jpg

I will post some pics in a little bit, but I wanted to get in on this giveaway, and the Walking Dead one.
The major contributor to my love of sci-fi was comic books; specifically 2000AD. My Grandma would collect them for me and send me a parcel of them every couple of months. This explains my ludicrous love of Dredd, and anything pertaining to Rogue Trooper (when are we gonna see a movie already, dammit!). I think that I may be the only person that bought and played his video game! These opened my world to incredible possibilities, and seeded my imagination. From there I went on to North American comics, having to sadly leave 2000AD behind when my Grandma moved to Canada. I still have a huge box of 2000AD comics in my basement and re-read the every once in a while. This, of course, led me to Star Wars, which was a cultural phenomenon. Over the years, my love of sci-fi evolved into a love of horror (they are pretty closely related, after all). I look forward to taking my son and daughter on the same journey!

2j2dn49.jpg

2vkxjkh.jpg

15wl6d4.jpg

167nh8x.jpg

I limited myself to my steebooks, otherwise this gets out of hand. I also threw in some that are borderline fantasy or horror. That's what I love about sci-fi. It can be so many things!

Hmmm. I actually didn't men to include An American Werewolf In London. Oh well...

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a late entrant, but what the heck :p

This is my Sci-Fi blu ray steelbook collection, i have tonnes of films on DVD but as i'm not a huge sci-fi fan i didn't bother to re-buy them on blu, so this is the extent of my Blu Ray collection on steelbook (not amaray) ;)

Even though i'm not a huge sci-fi fan, when i was younger i loved Paul Verhoven films like Total Recall and Starship Troopers, and i would say that's sort of where everything started. I also love older films and strangely enough i love A Trip To The Moon for what it is, but i only own the amaray of that ;)

Thanks for the amazing giveaway Naughtius, and thanks to ES for donating the steels :scat:

EDIT: I don't quite know how Face/Off managed to find it's way into the pic :dunno: ;)

2013-12-24%2015.13.02.jpg

2013-12-24%2015.14.54.jpg

2013-12-24%2015.16.41.jpg

2013-12-24%2015.18.47.jpg

2013-12-24%2015.20.26.jpg

2013-12-24%2015.22.20.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some of my collection of Sci-Fi Films & TV. No particular order, just as they came off the shelf

Hard to know where my love for Sci-Fi came from. Probably Mork & Mindy, Alf or the Jetsons or something! :p

Thanks for the give away David ;)

Sci-Fi 241213 001.jpg

Sci-Fi 241213 002.jpg

Sci-Fi 241213 003.jpg

Sci-Fi 241213 004.jpg

Sci-Fi 241213 005.jpg

Sci-Fi 241213 006.jpg

Sci-Fi 241213 007.jpg

Sci-Fi 241213 008.jpg

Cutting it close..

scifi01.jpg

scifi02.jpg

My scifi adventure started young... when I was little I was babysat by my aunt during the days and my older cousins were huge Star Wars fans. Needless to say I became a Star Wars fan. SciFi has always pushed the envelope for storytelling and SFX. Fifth Element is my all time favourite movie.

Thanks!

Awesome giveaway, have to say some really nice photos from members. Unfortunately I'm moving home so everythings boxed and sealed.

My interests for Sci Fi prob started with Star Wars and Star Trek but it really took off when the likes of Alien/Aliens , Terminator and Predator were released, these all add that extra horror/adult theme to them which is my favourite genre, although i do watch just about anything. I love Sci Fi/horrors the most also because they mostly show off my system at home, mostly.

Let's get right down to it...

:scat: The winner's are: :oohyeah:

1)

Necroscope :oohyeah:

2)

Asopp :oohyeah:

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT WON \O/ :thumbs: thanks to EVERYONE who took part!​

ATTENTION TO THOSE THAT WON - pm me to arrange delivery. (If I do not hear from you within a week I shall randomly pick someone else to take the prize)

Thanks again for taking part and all the stupendous collection pictures :D :scat:

Have a GREAT Christmas all!

David