Release date: March 30, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1613071394937.png

Last edited by a moderator:
or your eyes :LOL::rofl:

Its 100% full gloss
Or my eyes lol i must have selective vision, genuinely didn't look glossy on first look. It still doesn't really on 2nd look, but there's no bacon streaks in the black of her hair (like there is on the uk version), so I guess it must be :rolleyes: :whistle:

You reassured me because I thought I had a problem with my eyes when he said it's zero finish :LOL:
Nothing wrong with his eyes - it's just that a gloss varnish is not a massive step up from a zero finish and a gloss varnish is not the same as glossy (as seen in the recent WAR OF THE WORLDS steel compared to the UK edition from 2012).

Nothing wrong with his eyes - it's just that a gloss varnish is not a massive step up from a zero finish and a gloss varnish is not the same as glossy (as seen in the recent WAR OF THE WORLDS steel compared to the UK edition from 2012).
True that. I mean it's better than nothing, but the type of gloss used on a steel can make the world of difference. The EU Thor Ragnarok (varnish) pales in comparison vs the US/CA (glossy) version is another prime example.

It has a thin full gloss finish, but full gloss none the less:

I suppose there may be some confusion over terminology, though. I say full gloss, but I see that some people only use full gloss for a thicker gloss finish. When I say full gloss, I mean the entire outside of the steelbook has gloss finish, as opposed to spot gloss. Just wanted to clear that up.

For some reason this steelbook does not look as good under artificial light, no matter how powerful, as opposed to natural light. I never noticed that in any other glossy, non-embossed steelbook before. It's bugging me. Do I have a point OR is it time to consider switching medications?

Now I noticed something else. There is something that looks like a little slash on the front artwork. It is silver and about a couple of millimeters. It does not appear to be part of the design. It is located about an inch below WW's left shoulder and just behind her left arm. It doesn't look like it should be there. A production flaw, perhaps, OR should I consult my shrink for a possible mental deterioration in progress in my being?

I just got mine and this is not full glossy. My brother's bald head is full glossy. That bald head is my standard for full glossy. The steelbook is somewhat glossy and but really fine to look at.

So in conclusion you’d rather look at your brother’s glossy bald head than somewhat glossy Gal? :hilarious:

A couple of other folks have inquired so thought I'd bump this thread. More than willing to order more copies and list them on the group buy if anyone would like a copy of this.

Looks to be a number of them that were printed so should be no trouble sourcing more from Best Buy.

Feel free to PM or tag me and I can help.