Genre: Fantasy, Action

Director: Patty Jenkins

Cast: Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Chris Pine

Release: 2020-08-14

Attachments

• thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,945
Max Lord is an atrocious villain, same with Barbara Minerva. Pretty disappointing film. More drama less action.
If the drama was good, I’d have been fine with it, but it was generally bad. TBH, I think all i really liked was the first 20 minutes and intermittent moments after that. If they do a 3rd, I hope it’s a lot better than this was.

Atrocious as in Birds of Prey bad?
Seen alot of reviews but most seem to dislike this one to say it mildly.
I found Bird of Prey somewhat entertaining myself. It wasn't great but it has more character than this and more importantly the pacing on it was fairly good from what I remember.
This was just plain bad. The first 15 minutes were comically bad to me, the storyline was ludicrious and even the action scenes managed to be incredibly dull. By the 3rd act I honestly didn't care anymore.

I found Bird of Prey somewhat entertaining myself. It wasn't great but it has more character than this and more importantly the pacing on it was fairly good from what I remember.
This was just plain bad. The first 15 minutes were comically bad to me, the storyline was ludicrious and even the action scenes managed to be incredibly dull. By the 3rd act I honestly didn't care anymore.
I, OTOH, found the first 15-30 minutes the most entertaining part of the movie, which isn’t saying much, but I enjoyed it, especially the opening scene, though I have no idea what that had to do with the rest of the movie.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Okay so mirroring a lot here. Finally finished this last night. I wanted to love it but I just couldn’t. I watched the first one before and I forgot how good it was. The tone change took a bit to get used to but I expected it as it was going to look so different from the first considering this is the 80s but it just felt so cheesy at times and looked so wrong in other places

I thought Pedro was decent but gal in that opening mall scene and the road fight in Egypt was just so cheesy. They made her like a mix of Spider-Man and superman and it just didn’t work. Wiig was also underused

that opener in the mall wound me up. The whole look of gals face being all smug but trying to still remain a secret to the world like shushing the little girl in front of hundreds of other people who can see her was just weird.
The flying was ridiculous. She don’t do that in BvS or justice league so why 30 years earlier? lol terrible choice.
The gold armour was absolutely pointless. I expected so much more from that.

And cheetah lasting 4 minutes was shocking too. Once it got past 2 hours I just knew she was going to be in the smallest scene. The fight was decent but you literally get her for 4 minutes.

the swinging around sometimes looked okay like from the lightening but other times was ridiculous and just didn’t work. Like the catching of the rocket to propel her lol. I imagine spidey doing that not Wonder Woman

there’s a few moments I enjoyed but it’s not a scratch on the first film.

also that part where she can hear all the wishes and speaks to the world was utter cheese too. As if people would act like that.

the Lynda Carter cameo was f**king cringe too.

maybe it will be better on a second watch but I doubt it

Last edited:
Okay so mirroring a lot here. Finally finished this last night. I wanted to love it but I just couldn’t. I watched the first one before and I forgot how good it was. The tone change took a bit to get used to but I expected it as it was going to look so different from the first considering this is the 80s but it just felt so cheesy at times and looked so wrong in other places

I thought Pedro was decent but gal in that opening mall scene and the road fight in Egypt was just so cheesy. They made her like a mix of Spider-Man and superman and it just didn’t work. Wiig was also underused

that opener in the mall wound me up. The whole look of gals face being all smug but trying to still remain a secret to the world like shushing the little girl in front of hundreds of other people who can see her was just weird.
The flying was ridiculous. She don’t do that in BvS or justice league so why 30 years earlier? lol terrible choice.
The gold armour was absolutely pointless. I expected so much more from that.

And cheetah lasting 4 minutes was shocking too. Once it got past 2 hours I just knew she was going to be in the smallest scene. The fight was decent but you literally get her for 4 minutes.

the swinging around sometimes looked okay like from the lightening but other times was ridiculous and just didn’t work. Like the catching of the rocket to propel her lol. I imagine spidey doing that not Wonder Woman

there’s a few moments I enjoyed but it’s not a scratch on the first film.

also that part where she can hear all the wishes and speaks to the world was utter cheese too. As if people would act like that.

the Lynda Carter cameo was f**king cringe too.

maybe it will be better on a second watch but I doubt it
is there a reason it's called 1984?. Because nothing about the film's plot seems to have any bearing to the era? Or did I miss something?

Reactions: Flloydo
SPOILERS ALERT!

Watched the movie and wow this masterpiece easily rivals Marvel's Avengers Infinity War.... just kidding.

Where do I begin, well first of all the beginning of the movie is very cheesy, the robbers act like complete clowns over the top idiots.
It looks like a scene they should have used as a Promo, and at the end instead of winking at the girl she winks at the camera and says something like "come see me on December 25th"
Now that would have been one hell of a promo!

I liked the beginning of the movie where Little Miss WonderWoman joins that little tournament, looks like foreshadowing to me.
Great beginning and in the middle starts to drag and near the end it all comes to a dissapointing conclusion and where she whines how it's unfair.
Perfectly captures how I felt about this movie, unfair sequel to the fans of the first movie.

Also where the hell is that 80's vibe?
Trailer had an awesome synth 80s beat, the movie is missing that completely.
Nice 80s clothes but lacking the music

There is one moment specifically where the horse jumps over a cliff was very odd visually, you can't make up where the other side is and where he is supposed to land.
The damn horse isnt even halfway and he is already in a downwards motion no way it can make that jump.
It was gonna land right in the middle of that gap (just saying)

trying to figure out where I seen that fake running scenes before where the actor seems to be gliding over the floor.
Forrest Gump had fake running scenes and that looked far more believable than this.
the fight between her and Cheetah if you wanna call it a fight was ridiculous not even gonna go into that nor the atrocious CGI effects.

Conclusion:
This movie didnt land for me, it landed where that friggin horse was supposed to land which is right in the middle of that damn cliff!

5/10

Cant wait for the OC though :)

Attachments

• 26k9Td7.gif
    26k9Td7.gif
    950.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
SPOILERS ALERT!

Watched the movie and wow this masterpiece easily rivals Marvel's Avengers Infinity War.... just kidding.

Where do I begin, well first of all the beginning of the movie is very cheesy, the robbers act like complete clowns over the top idiots.
It looks like a scene they should have used as a Promo, and at the end instead of winking at the girl she winks at the camera and says something like "come see me on December 25th"
Now that would have been one hell of a promo!

I liked the beginning of the movie where Little Miss WonderWoman joins that little tournament, looks like foreshadowing to me.
Great beginning and in the middle starts to drag and near the end it all comes to a dissapointing conclusion and where she whines how it's unfair.
Perfectly captures how I felt about this movie, unfair sequel to the fans of the first movie.

Also where the hell is that 80's vibe?
Trailer had an awesome synth 80s beat, the movie is missing that completely.
Nice 80s clothes but lacking the music

There is one moment specifically where the horse jumps over a cliff was very odd visually, you can't make up where the other side is and where he is supposed to land.
The damn horse isnt even halfway and he is already in a downwards motion no way it can make that jump.
It was gonna land right in the middle of that gap (just saying)

trying to figure out where I seen that fake running scenes before where the actor seems to be gliding over the floor.
Forrest Gump had fake running scenes and that looked far more believable than this.
the fight between her and Cheetah if you wanna call it a fight was ridiculous not even gonna go into that nor the atrocious CGI effects.

Conclusion:
This movie didnt land for me, it landed where that friggin horse was supposed to land which is right in the middle of that damn cliff!

5/10

Cant wait for the OC though :)
Maybe the horse jumps over a cliff was a metaphor for the film as a whole....

Reactions: Billy Talent
is there a reason it's called 1984?. Because nothing about the film's plot seems to have any bearing to the era? Or did I miss something?
I'm thinking because it was conceived around the time of Stranger Things peak and the 80's retro thing was trendy at the time. But it's release was delayed so much since then.....

That's all I can think of!