Genre: Fantasy, Action

Director: Patty Jenkins

Cast: Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Chris Pine

Release: 2020-08-14

Attachments

• thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    thr_splash-wonderwomen-b.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,934
The trailer for this new Women Wonder remake looks good which could be a bad thing, I've found recently that when something has a really good trailer the actual film it's self turns out to be average or a bit rubbish.

The trailer for this new Women Wonder remake looks good which could be a bad thing, I've found recently that when something has a really good trailer the actual film it's self turns out to be average or a bit rubbish.
It's a DC trailer, none of what you've seen here is ever going to make it into the movie :naughty:

It's a DC trailer, none of what you've seen here is ever going to make it into the movie :naughty:

Only if your name is Zack Snyder.

All kidding aside, I do believe that Patty Jenkins has built up enough of a power base to ensure that she doesn't get screwed over like Zack. From what I've seen of her and Zack, both of them have an incredible rapport with their respective casts. What happened to Zack was downright shameful and disrespectful.

I am definitely looking forward to this film as it will set up the next Wonder Woman film to take place in the 21st century. Lassoing lightning; how are they going to top that?!

While I'm happy we will get to see it this year (and from the comfort and safety of my own house)... This also worries me about Movie Theaters...
this is a BIG movie and I doubt many people will go to a theater when its available to watch at home.

While I'm happy we will get to see it this year (and from the comfort and safety of my own house)... This also worries me about Movie Theaters...
this is a BIG movie and I doubt many people will go to a theater when its available to watch at home.

This is just a move by WB to get people on HBO Max. It also removes a title off their slate going forward. You have to imagine that the schedule for 2021 will be packed with films that have been pushed back or were scheduled to be released next year anyway.

I can see why you would say that. If it was terrible I think they'd have dumped it on HBO Max earlier to launch the service.
Actually it's the reshoots and there was a serious amount of them that has me worried. Also specific shall we say references to current world events (which I'm not going to go into) don't seem to fit well with the narrative.

Reactions: vexred
Theaters are hurting either way. I’m pretty paranoid these days, but until they closed them all down again, i did go to movies, because the theaters were largely empty. I went to see a movie a week or so back and I was literally the only person in the theater. In most cases there were less than a dozen people in the theater and in those cases, it was on one of the 4 largest screens In the multiplex.

If theaters were open and not too crowded, I’d probably go see this in a theater, but I seriously doubt they’ll be open again this year. I’m not following the EU, but the US is out of control, so I fully expect to be watching It on HBO Max. That said, it’s a lot easier for me to say theater, since I use AMC’s A-list, and 20/month for essentially unlimited movies is a no brained (so long as the theaters aren’t packed and they Never have been since Tenet’s release).

Regardless, I think AMC will be closed around here until sometime next year. If they’re closed now, I don’t see how they open up until things ease up, which won’t be for at least 2 or 3 more months :( At least I’ve got all the movies I own to watch, as well as endless streaming stuff.