China
Release date: December 12, 2017
Pre-order on November 8 at 10 AM - EST USA
Price:
Box set $109.99
Double Lenti $47.99
Lenti Edition $45.99
Print run: 2000

BS---WW bxoset.jpgBS---WW 4K lenti.jpgBS---WW double lenti.jpgBS---WW SP.jpgBS---WW lenti.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices fluctuate and chances are even the seller he got it from months ago, today, wouldn't be offering it at the same price.

The question is, where are all the anti-scalper ninjas and are they selling theirs? I assume they practice what they preach, so if any are reading, get in touch :D

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Prices fluctuate and chances are even the seller he got it from months ago, today, wouldn't be offering it at the same price.

The question is, where are all the anti-scalper ninjas and are they selling theirs? I assume they practice what they preach, so if any are reading, get in touch :D

You might be right!

I try and keep my top items to trade for my top wants (therefore keeping expense down for me).

But even though there's a 'TRADE' forum, nobody seems wants to trade anymore. Only sell. For whatever reason. Whenever I ask for items I'm looking to trade for, (in the 'I'm looking for X Steelbook' thread) I never get any replies/help.......

Which means I end up selling them eventually. But I'm not going to sell them at a loss either!

I think you kinda missed the point...:bag:
But, nevermind....:sleep:

Just think about it... I believe this could have a logic:

A. maybe no real collector actually wants to sell something they have just one copy, but somehow they need some cash, therefore => SELL not trade

B. maybe the ones that are selling are not interested in trading because they don't give a s** on those things, they only see them as a means to make money, therefore => ALWAYS SALE, NEVER trade (why they would want bother to exchange when there's no profit in it, right?)

You might be right!

I try and keep my top items to trade for my top wants (therefore keeping expense down for me).

But even though there's a 'TRADE' forum, nobody seems wants to trade anymore. Only sell. For whatever reason. Whenever I ask for items I'm looking to trade for, I never get any replies/help.......

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I think you kinda missed the point...:bag:
But, nevermind....:sleep:
No, I didn't miss your point, I completely understand what you're saying, you don't want/can't pay the eBay going price for these and you hate scalpers because they won't sell at a price you're comfortable paying. Noted.
I'm making my own point as I'd also like to buy an edition of this, preferably the special pack. And hey, if someone's selling at GB price all the more reason to buy and support a fellow ninja.
Had I wanted to step on your toes I would have said I'd beat your offer by 5€, but I fear that may offend non-scalpers, so it's hard to know what to offer in such a case. Good luck in your search.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry

A. maybe no real collector actually wants to sell something they have just one copy, but somehow they need some cash, therefore => SELL not trade

B. maybe the ones that are selling are not interested in trading because they don't give a s** on those things, they only see them as a means to make money, therefore => ALWAYS SALE, NEVER trade (why they would want bother to exchange when there's no profit in it, right?)
I really do think you've hit the nail on the head with your point B. :thumbs:

Reactions: Felix_ro

And in that case, if they need cash, wouldn't it make sense to get as much as you can? To cover that need of course.

I really do think you've hit the nail on the head with your point B. :thumbs:
Not necessarily. A "scalper" may want to trade something with a non-scalper enthusiast in the case where his/her item isn't selling for an item that would, yet the non-scalper enthusiast isn't worried about that. He/she may not even be aware of what any of the items are going for as it's of no real importance to the non-scalper, unless it's all a charade.

Please be kind and illuminate me:
- how EXACTLY your point and you bringing it up here will help me or anyone who's asking for something here?

Thanks in advance!

No, I didn't miss your point, I completely understand what you're saying, you don't want/can't pay the eBay going price for these and you hate scalpers because they won't sell at a price you're comfortable paying. Noted.
I'm making my own point as I'd also like to buy an edition of this, preferably the special pack. And hey, if someone's selling at GB price all the more reason to buy and support a fellow ninja.
Had I wanted to step on your toes I would have said I'd beat your offer by 5€, but I fear that may offend non-scalpers, so it's hard to know what to offer in such a case. Good luck in your search.

Please be kind and illuminate me:
- how EXACTLY your point and you bringing it up here will help me or anyone who's asking for something here?

Thanks in advance!
Who said I'm trying to help you? Have I said that before?
I'm trying to help myself. And maybe a fellow ninja that wants to sell. I'm in the market for a copy, just as you are. Well, you seem to only be interested in the OC, which is a little odd but ok...

Actually, if you stay with the item for months to hope to sale it at your higher price, I would certainly not call this "need for cash"!

Furthermore, I think I will unsubscribe to this thread, cause you clearly have one to sell for a high price and all you do is just try to justify your high price,
and honestly, I'm tired to just explain you that some of us, do actually have something else in our mind/brains than just to have a way/place/means
to make some profit extorting from some of us great amounts, that we would (sometimes) pay no-matter-what to get that "piece" we value OTHER than with money!

And in that case, if they need cash, wouldn't it make sense to get as much as you can? To cover that need of course.

Thank you! You just proven my point! :thumbs:
And surely that's the first thing that you said which is "on the subject"... in my humble opinion....

Who said I'm trying to help you? Have I said that before?
I'm trying to help myself. And maybe a fellow ninja that wants to sell. I'm in the market for a copy, just as you are. Well, you seem to only be interested in the OC, which is a little odd but ok...

Actually, if you stay with the item for months to hope to sale it at your higher price, I would certainly not call this "need for cash"!

Furthermore, I think I will unsubscribe to this thread, cause you clearly have one to sell for a high price and all you do is just try to justify your high price,
and honestly, I'm tired to just explain you that some of us, do actually have something else in our mind/brains than just to have a way/place/means
to make some profit extorting from some of us great amounts, that we would (sometimes) pay no-matter-what to get that "piece" we value OTHER than with money!
What are you talking about?? This is ridiculous.
Scalpers don't extort anyone unless you're using that term really loosely.
I'm not sure you're reading my texts correctly as I've already stated twice (thrice now) that I'm also looking for a copy :whistle:
I might be wrong but I think it just bothers you I jumped on the bandwagon of asking for a copy right after you did.
Thank you! You just proven my point! :thumbs:
Have I? :confused: I thought your point was I was selling a copy. So, stating I am not selling but looking to buy proves your point? That's just nuts but whatever makes you happy.

I say again, good luck in your search :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I personally think anyone is entitled to sell what they want to whoever they want for how ever much they want.

No one is obligated to pay "scalper" prices but no one is obligated to sell a rare sought after item for face value. What is to say someone comes on here, cap in hand, requesting a hdzeta DC one click they missed out on and someone sells theirs to them for close to retail price just for that person to go on ebay and flip it.

On the other side of the "scalper accusation" coin you could say, yes that Blufans steelbook you want is £100 on ebay but if you have no intention to resell down the road and you "need" it for your collection then why not spend the £100 if there is no other option? If you're gonna keep it or need it to complete your set then paying for a sought after edition once in a while shouldn't be much of an issue - perhaps the real reason people screw over the inflated price because there is no resale margin in it for them either immediately or down the road and they know that, again, if you're never gonna sell it then why would that bother you.

As for trades, there is rarely a straight up trade in premiums these days. Your Ex Machine manta lab lenti vs my Doctor Strange blufans lenti isn't exactly a straight up trade given the value the latter has gone up since release yet people expect a straight trade...not gonna happen. It's easier to sell your edition on ebay, buy the one you want with the money and have some left in your pocket. It's common sense.

At the end of the day, a limited edition HDZETA boxset will have a 500 or 1000 print run to satisfy a world of collectors. People will miss out no matter what happens. There are always going to be new collectors joining the game on top of this who are gonna want to acquire long sold out releases so there will always be a premium aftermarket with aftermarket premium prices, even if you won't pay the price, someone else will.

I personally think anyone is entitled to sell what they want to whoever they want for how ever much they want.

No one is obligated to pay "scalper" prices but no one is obligated to sell a rare sought after item for face value. What is to say someone comes on here, cap in hand, requesting a hdzeta DC one click they missed out on and someone sells theirs to them for close to retail price just for that person to go on ebay and flip it.

On the other side of the "scalper accusation" coin you could say, yes that Blufans steelbook you want is £100 on ebay but if you have no intention to resell down the road and you "need" it for your collection then why not spend the £100 if there is no other option? If you're gonna keep it or need it to complete your set then paying for a sought after edition once in a while shouldn't be much of an issue - perhaps the real reason people screw over the inflated price because there is no resale margin in it for them either immediately or down the road and they know that, again, if you're never gonna sell it then why would that bother you.

As for trades, there is rarely a straight up trade in premiums these days. Your Ex Machine manta lab lenti vs my Doctor Strange blufans lenti isn't exactly a straight up trade given the value the latter has gone up since release yet people expect a straight trade...not gonna happen. It's easier to sell your edition on ebay, buy the one you want with the money and have some left in your pocket. It's common sense.

At the end of the day, a limited edition HDZETA boxset will have a 500 or 1000 print run to satisfy a world of collectors. People will miss out no matter what happens. There are always going to be new collectors joining the game on top of this who are gonna want to acquire long sold out releases so there will always be a premium aftermarket with aftermarket premium prices, even if you won't pay the price, someone else will.
Good points!

After missing the GB (still frustrated about that hour to early live :D) I paid €100 more for the boxset on eBay. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

In the early days of mankind trading was normal, but people also saw that it’s not always “fair”, voila the invention of money. It’s exactly as you describe in your post. Some items are valued a lot higher.
I have never traded and I think I never will. I’d rather sell items and buy back.

And to be honest, I don’t like selling here, most people compare your selling price to the original price. People sometimes forget you could have bought your own item on eBay for a lot more.
eBay is much easier.

...and I ignore the I don’t want pay eBay / scalper prices in the looking for threads. You already know upfront negotiating is going to be difficult.

Last edited:
And to be honest, I don’t like selling here, most people compare your selling price to the original price. People sometimes forget you could have bought your own item on eBay for a lot more.
eBay is much easier.

People will always compare, where's the harm in that? Unless you don't like communicating and explaining etc... for either lack of time or *fill the blank* and so on.

Anyway you could try listing in the steelbook premium marketplace (no fees for now), and then you can thank @apsmith21 for the implementation. ;)

Link for those who might still be unaware: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/premium-steelbook-seller-marketplace.349/

And how-to over here: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/sticky-how-to-use-this-forum.95722/

People will always compare, where's the harm in that? Unless you don't like communicating and explaining etc... for either lack of time or *fill the blank* and so on.

Anyway you could try listing in the steelbook premium marketplace (no fees for now), and then you can thank @apsmith21 for the implementation. ;)

Link for those who might still be unaware: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/premium-steelbook-seller-marketplace.349/

And how-to over here: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/sticky-how-to-use-this-forum.95722/
To start, this is just my feeling (but curious how others think about this), I have the feeling the people here more or less expect selling prices as they originally were (also because they have the knowledge, hence the lot of don’t want to pay scalper prices). On eBay people know they really need to pay for rare items. It’s supply and demand (if that’s the correct English saying)

Reactions: Covcraig
After all you’ve written here, I still can’t grasp one thing: if you’re REALLY searching for one of this, as I am, and you CLEARLY advocate the BIG prices on eBay, WHY (OH WHY?!?!) don’t you go there and purchase your sought out copy and leave me/us with our hopes and tries? What’s the point of all your “arguments” and “reasoning” of being here if you’re good with those prices?

If we both have the same goal (getting one of this item, at hopefully the lowest price possible), why all of this?

What are you talking about?? This is ridiculous.
Scalpers don't extort anyone unless you're using that term really loosely.
I'm not sure you're reading my texts correctly as I've already stated twice (thrice now) that I'm also looking for a copy :whistle:
I might be wrong but I think it just bothers you I jumped on the bandwagon of asking for a copy right after you did.
Have I? :confused: I thought your point was I was selling a copy. So, stating I am not selling but looking to buy proves your point? That's just nuts but whatever makes you happy.

I say again, good luck in your search :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

@Felix_ro Steelbook Angels do exist :angel: I missed both the GB and direct order completely originally, only for an extremely generous Ninja to step up and offer me his extra Boxset at cost price plus shipping :wow::happy::oohyeah: (You know who you are... :notworthy::joy:). Not sure you'd find someone like that now with prices such as they are, but good luck in your search :thumbs:

Reactions: Felix_ro
I just everyone here to understand me well, and know that I’m ABSOLUTELY convinced that the price now for a “sold out” item, is considerably higher, and all the things said here are valid points and I also TOTALLY AGREE with most of them, especially that for sure, this kind of “market” is not a “fair” one for everyone and clearly is more favorable for those with lots of money, that’s why the ones that sell asks for higher and higher prices (this resemble to me the “art market” where also the prices are incredibly high, but those are UNICATES) and the ones with “big pockets/bank-accounts” ultimately pay for them.

I, for one, I can’t call myself a BIG collector, I’m just trying to get the ones I like, and I need to first find out about them, as how’s this one for example, which I only found out just recently (last week), by a pure happening, watching a YouTube clip of someone that has an actual “shrine” for/with Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot version), with a 1/2 life size statue and much more, and, I recall at the moment when those versions for this movie went out, I had found out just about the versions from Manta Lab, and was focused on one of them (the Double Lenti, which I got through an GB on other site, and after almost thought I’ll never going to receive it, because I received it almost two months after shipping from Manta); also, I’m not into “collecting” since long, and actually started to purchase Blu-Ray’s after my mother “left” me, in 2016, so pretty new in this; also can’t say I can afford everything I see, but for sure, I think I’m one of the EXTREMELY FEW in Romania that actually purchase movies (I’d say about 3-5% of the moviegoers), and even fewer ones that purchase collector and special editions (I would estimate approx. 0,003% of those that purchase movies). So, in a way, in my country I presume I’m really a big collector (I have not yet meet around my friends, acquaintances, colleagues, ANYONE that actually purchase movies, and everyone thinks of me as I am stupid to pay for them)!

So, in the end, if I will find this item (or maybe I’ll settle for parts of the One Click) at a price I can afford, then I’ll purchase it, otherwise I think I’ll put it on the list of “things I like but can’t get it”, swallow my bitter and (try) to go on...

And, I honestly thank every single one that put his ideas and options here, which is what I think is to be expected from a community with similar interests and likes!

Good points!

After missing the GB (still frustrated about that hour to early live :D) I paid €100 more for the boxset on eBay. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

In the early days of mankind trading was normal, but people also saw that it’s not always “fair”, voila the invention of money. It’s exactly as you describe in your post. Some items are valued a lot higher.
I have never traded and I think I never will. I’d rather sell items and buy back.

eBay is much easier.

...and I ignore the I don’t want pay eBay / scalper prices in the looking for threads. You already know upfront negotiating is going to be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.