Wonder Woman (4K and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 11) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order on October 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip) - $48.99 (Lenti) - $49.99 (Double Lenti)- $149.97 (Box Set)
Notes: Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)

IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg
. Pre-order Date: 8PM, October 20th, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: November 24th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition)
*Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip (2D+4KUHD)($49.99) : 200 Units
*One Click ($149.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Full sized Booklet with Digibook contents, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Specification Tip-on
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Built with MDF for better appearance and durability + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
18882226_1408654149244689_6771903603877436364_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Manta had to insert the Bonus Envelop inside the steel before shrink wrapping the steelbook. If they received them scratched and proceeded to insert the envelop inside the steel and then shrink wrapping them that is a possible scenario and there is no doubt that Manta must have known about the issue. Whether Scanavo shipped them Scratched or those scratches were done when handling them to insert the Bonus Envelop inside the steel, then shrink wrapping them either way Manta had to know.

Manta had to insert the Bonus Envelope inside the steel before shrink wrapping the steelbook. If they received them scratched and proceeded to insert the envelope inside the steel and then shrink wrapping them that is a possible scenario and there is no doubt that Manta must have known about the issue. Whether Scanavo shipped them Scratched or those scratches were done when handling them to insert the Bonus Envelop inside the steel, then shrink wrapping them either way Manta had to know.

This.

Here's my useless addition to this thread.

I'm guessing that the steelbooks are shipped UNWRAPPED from Scanavo to the retailers.
The question I have is "what, if any, protection do the steelbooks have when shipped in bulk to the retailer?"

Are the steelbooks separated by paper? Or padding? Or are they just stacked on top of each other with nothing separating them in whatever boxes that Scanavo uses to ship them? Is that how they get scratched?

Or do they get scratched by the retailer (Manta) during handling? I'm guessing again that it is the retailer that shrink wraps the steelbooks. Are they perhaps scratched during the shrink wrap process?

One of these retailers or Scanavo should post a video of a guided tour that shows the process from beginning to end.

Like that will ever happen. :rolleyes:

Are these asia steelbooks coming from the same producer? Because all my glossy steelbooks from Blufans this year (and nova/kimchi too) were all scratch free

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
This.

Here's my useless addition to this thread.

I'm guessing that the steelbooks are shipped UNWRAPPED from Scanavo to the retailers.
The question I have is "what, if any, protection do the steelbooks have when shipped in bulk to the retailer?"

Are the steelbooks separated by paper? Or padding? Or are they just stacked on top of each other with nothing separating them in whatever boxes that Scanavo uses to ship them? Is that how they get scratched?

Or do they get scratched by the retailer (Manta) during handling? I'm guessing again that it is the retailer that shrink wraps the steelbooks. Are they perhaps scratched during the shrink wrap process?

One of these retailers or Scanavo should post a video of a guided tour that shows the process from beginning to end.

Like that will ever happen. :rolleyes:
upload_2017-12-22_14-27-28.png

But if you keep them sealed, I'm sorry but I don't think it's right to assume that manta should send replacement steels on those sealed copies. That is the gamble you take when you keep them sealed(whether it is a remaining sealed copy from your one click, it still doesn't matter at some point you need to prove faulty items to request a replacement).

No, they should, because they know all steelbooks they shipped are damaged. And knowing this and shipping it nevertheless is a shame for a company claiming that they sell Premium collectible items. We expect premium quality for premium prices.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Goes without saying that paying either £7 or £70 you do not expect to have a steelbook delivered to your door badly scratched . . . there is no other acceptable alternative apart from replacement or full refund . . . period.
At the end of the day doesn't matter who's responsible . . . only matters that the customer - who is king - gets full satisfaction.

So after reading this thread, I went back and checked ALL my Manta Steels. I own one Full Slip of every Exclusive they've released (so 8 total). I've purchased 6 from Manta's website, and two from eBay (Man of Steel and Constantine).
Seven of them are either pristine or have very very minor scuffs/scratches (so minor I had to really look for them). Wonder Woman, however, has a lot of scratches on the back and a small amount on the front (not as bad as others have shown). So I'm not sure mine is bad enough to get a replacement. Fingers crossed that the next few will be good.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Radagast
the steelbooks never left the manufactorer in that shape....

Yes you are right if not it would not make any sense.

What is Strange is that the Fullslip Spine and Top/bottom, the lenticulars (got the double lenti), The booklet, The Bonus Envelop and the High Quality J-Card were all in Absolute OCD Condition

. . . or as they say in Bonnie Scotland "Many a mickle makes a muckle" . . . and that's exactly what we've got 'ere - a muckle.

these are odd scratches IMO. a circular pattern for most all fo those. I would expect straight ones from rubbing on something