Wonder Woman (4K and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 11) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order on October 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip) - $48.99 (Lenti) - $49.99 (Double Lenti)- $149.97 (Box Set)
Notes: Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)

IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg
. Pre-order Date: 8PM, October 20th, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: November 24th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition)
*Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($48.99): 300 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip (2D+4KUHD)($49.99) : 200 Units
*One Click ($149.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Full sized Booklet with Digibook contents, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Specification Tip-on
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Built with MDF for better appearance and durability + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
18882226_1408654149244689_6771903603877436364_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So is Scanavo the maker of all STEELBOOKS? Including for Best Buy, Zavvi and regular retailers?
And also for the premium companies like HDZeta, Blufans and so on?

Exactly, Best buy releases are done by Scanavo North America and Rest of the world uses generally either Scanavo Denmark or Scanavo China.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Stygian
Those scratches were not done by inserting them into the slips, they were individually Shrink wrapped before being inserted into the slips. John himself told me it was Scanavo that sent them the steelbooks this way with the scratches and that Scanavo responded that they thought there was nothing wrong with the release from their point of view.

So if that's the case, that Scanavo believes this is acceptable, then I believe that's the end of steelbook collecting for me. Because scratches seem to be popping up all over the place on many different titles in Canada that I have already stopped buying from Best Buy.

Now that I know it's acceptable worldwide...:wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
So if that's the case, that Scanavo believes this is acceptable, then I believe that's the end of steelbook collecting for me. Because scratches seem to be popping up all over the place on many different titles in Canada that I have already stopped buying from Best Buy.

Now that I know it's acceptable worldwide...:wtf:

I also stopped buying from BestBuy, I just got tired of ordering 5 copies in order to get 1 Undamaged one and then bringing back the other copies to the store o_O

It's not with every release though, it seems that some releases have a higher % of damaged copies, and others less... damage copies for a print run seems unavoidable but it may have to do with retailers also to have a better Quality Control in place for their releases.

Don't give up, it's not as bad as it seems, right now the issue with Manta makes everything look worse. Something is just not kosher with Manta's Steelbooks lately.

Edit: Honestly I don't know why some Steelbooks Releases seem all perfect and others a train wreck :blackeye:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry and Stygian
Those scratches were not done by inserting them into the slips, they were individually Shrink wrapped before being inserted into the slips. John himself told me it was Scanavo that sent them the steelbooks this way with the scratches and that Scanavo responded that they thought there was nothing wrong with the release from their point of view.

Actarus... I got love for ya man. But if it was called Jimmyv Lab... any no way in H E double hockey sticks I would be putting super scratched steelbooks inside my own company's slipcovers.

If Manta Lab is getting scratched up steels from Scanavo, my point is that they should be checking EVERY single one before packaging them up in the Manta Lab namesake.

I am happy to have Manta Lab in the game, and I buy their products, but the steels that Mickle_89 posted are beyond the realm of merely "unacceptable".

Actarus... I got love for ya man. But if it was called Jimmyv Lab... any no way in H E double hockey sticks I would be putting super scratched steelbooks inside my own company's slipcovers.

If Manta Lab is getting scratched up steels from Scanavo, my point is that they should be checking EVERY single one before packaging them up in the Manta Lab namesake.

I am happy to have Manta Lab in the game, and I buy their products, but the steels that Mickle_89 posted are beyond the realm of merely "unacceptable".

My Steelbook is as badly scratched as @Mickle_89

I agree with you, Manta should be inspecting each and every steelbook individually before inserting them into the slips, there should be a quality inspection at that stage.
I believe, if I am not mistaken, that FA does this. Not just for the steel but for the Bonus Item as well, Fullsip the whole Package...
Any Premium Retailers should be doing this, Quality Control should be a priority...

So I fully agree with you, those steels should not have passed...

My Steelbook is as badly scratched as @Mickle_89

I agree with you, Manta should be inspecting each and every steelbook individually before inserting them into the slips, there should be a quality inspection at that stage.
I believe, if I am not mistaken, that FA does this. Not just for the steel but for the Bonus Item as well, Fullsip the whole Package...
Any Premium Retailers should be doing this, Quality Control should be a priority...

So I fully agree with you, those steels should not have passed...

well GOT-DAM. That's a mighty fine response, sir. (spits in spittoon) :cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
The front looks great but the back looks awful mainly due to the super dark finish. Clearly they can't use bright colours because it will be expensive

Coming to scratches, I am not sure how ML can check for it when it comes to them shrink wrapped from Scanavo.

We pay ML so they are ultimately responsible. Same as us selling here or in eBay. Better to keep these sealed by the looks of it. Mine is going on sale the moment it is in hand as I am done with this. Too much of stress for me dealing with QC issues.

The front looks great but the back looks awful mainly due to the super dark finish. Clearly they can't use bright colours because it will be expensive

Coming to scratches, I am not sure how ML can check for it when it comes to them shrink wrapped from Scanavo.

We pay ML so they are ultimately responsible. Same as us selling here or in eBay. Better to keep these sealed by the looks of it. Mine is going on sale the moment it is in hand as I am done with this. Too much of stress for me dealing with QC issues.

Are we very certain that each steelbook comes shrink-wrapped from Scanavo? Are there no "goodies" placed inside the actual steelbook? I know some retailers do this.

Also, very few steelbooks from even the premium retailers come shrink-wrapped inside the slip. Many are naked.

Also also... even if they are shrink-wrapped, Mickle_89's pictures are the stuff of steelbook collectors' nightmares. :ohno:EEK! That is VERY easily detectable, even with plastic shrink-wrap intact.

Also also also.... no just kidding. I'm done :LOL:

Are we very certain that each steelbook comes shrink-wrapped from Scanavo? Are there no "goodies" placed inside the actual steelbook? I know some retailers do this.

Also, very few steelbooks from even the premium retailers come shrink-wrapped inside the slip. Many are naked.

Also also... even if they are shrink-wrapped, Mickle_89's pictures are the stuff of steelbook collectors' nightmares. :ohno:EEK! That is VERY easily detectable, even with plastic shrink-wrap intact.

Also also also.... no just kidding. I'm done :LOL:

Sorry, yes, you have a point. The goodies are inside the Steel, so most likely they are shrink wrapped by the retailer after inserting them unless they are sent to Scanavo by the retailer which is quite strange. :)

Good points guys. Sometimes i miss the „good old times“ where a steel from example play.com (iron man) was the mount everest (and affordable too). Makes me very pensive these days...

This. I would be pleased to go back to those good old days of quality Steels.

Most of them had superb artworks, gloss finish, embossing, and most important were virtually flawless

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Radagast

You'd couldn't get those scratches and not damage the shrinkwrap at the same time so this is definitely a Scanavo issue.

Received this response from John this morning regarding my scratched steelbook :coffee:
Dear Michael,

Thanks for the email and the feedback.

Yes, we do find this instability and scratch problems to be out of our hands. We are planning to move to a different plant with the help with Scanavo with our next releases after the scheduled ones that are already under production.

We are more concerned with these scratch problems these days and we are hoping to resolve the problem with switching the factory. We are sorry for the inconvenience and as we always promise, we will send out the replacement for you.

Since, you don't have any orders, you can wait for the next one or we can send it by surface mail per our sales policy. It takes around 30-60 days for the surface mail so if you are OK with this option, we will send it out right away.

Thank you very much
Manta Lab

If Scanavo sent them this way, why didn't ML spot these scratches and return them back to Scanavo? Sounds like they once again packaged these Steels under that gut feeling that most of the buyers won't even open considering the print run of 2K.
This is exactly what I think. I replied and straight up asked why steelbooks such as mine in such a poor visible state were even placed inside their slipcovers and sold to customers. If they had a stringent QC process in place and truly cared for their products and reputation, surely they wouldn't let such issues pass. I went on to say that someone must've been aware of this but carried on with their duty regardless. Waiting on his next reply and answer ;)

Received this response from John this morning regarding my scratched steelbook :coffee:
Dear Michael,

Thanks for the email and the feedback.

Yes, we do find this instability and scratch problems to be out of our hands. We are planning to move to a different plant with the help with Scanavo with our next releases after the scheduled ones that are already under production.

We are more concerned with these scratch problems these days and we are hoping to resolve the problem with switching the factory. We are sorry for the inconvenience and as we always promise, we will send out the replacement for you.

Since, you don't have any orders, you can wait for the next one or we can send it by surface mail per our sales policy. It takes around 30-60 days for the surface mail so if you are OK with this option, we will send it out right away.

Thank you very much
Manta Lab

This is exactly what I think. I replied and straight up asked why steelbooks such as mine in such a poor visible state were even placed inside their slipcovers and sold to customers. If they had a stringent QC process in place and truly cared for their products and reputation, surely they wouldn't let such issues pass. I went on to say that someone must've been aware of this but carried on with their duty regardless. Waiting on his next reply and answer ;)

It is clear that ML are in denial mode. I am sure they opened these Steels, put the art cards and post cards inside the Steelbooks. So surely they could have easily noticed these scratches and any other issues. Some members have reported issues in their slips How they magically missed such glaring issues is beyond me. Also offering to send replacement Steelbooks via surface mail shows how penny pinching these retailers are. All these premium retailers must take responsibility for QC issues. They must acknowledge and sort out replacements as quickly as possible (not asking to return and wait for them to receive it or send by surface mail).

It is clear that ML are in denial mode. I am sure they opened these Steels, put the art cards and post cards inside the Steelbooks. So surely they could have easily noticed these scratches and any other issues. Some members have reported issues in their slips How they magically missed such glaring issues is beyond me. Also offering to send replacement Steelbooks via surface mail shows how penny pinching these retailers are. All these premium retailers must take responsibility for QC issues. They must acknowledge and sort out replacements as quickly as possible (not asking to return and wait for them to receive it or send by surface mail).
I agree. I get that he's apologised but once again he says it's out of his hands blah blah. Smells like BS to me. I'm not certain why, but I kinda get the impression he doesn't take the whole matter seriously enough. I mean, I sent 12 images same as the ones posted here and he conveniently failed to comment on just how severe the problem is. Just that it's an "inconvenience" and he's sorry.

Maybe I'm reading into it wrong and it's because I'm getting increasingly frustrated with ML but apart from the promise of a replacement, I'm not convinced by their response.

Why would steelbooks come shrink-wrapped directly from scanavo???

Individual retailers and even different countries would have to insert different discs and j-cards before the steels are sealed.

And forget about premiums as they would need to insert the goodies into the steels before sealing.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Manta Lab should send replacements to everybody that ordered the edition and not only to those unpacking their steels, making pics etc. I do not want to open all of my 1Click editions just to ensure that these are in mint condition. Usually I would probably open one, but not all. In my opinion Manta Lab went one step too far shipping these damaged steels to the buyers. They must have seen the damages. Same with Alien Covenant. I guess for now I will stop ordering from them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89 and harry
Why do you collect then? Investment? If I order a one click, I always open 1 of the 3 to experience the edition and wel...enjoy the thing,
I want my favorite movies in the best condition, so sealed is the only option. when I want to watch the movie, then I buy the amaray version for 5€. that'y my way of collecting. I saw so many pics and videos of the GOTGv2 blufans steelbook and when I got my 1/4 slip I wasnt flashed anymore. It's OK for me, when I see pics and unboxing videos.

but that's a different topic, so

I want my favorite movies in the best condition, so sealed is the only option. when I want to watch the movie, then I buy the amaray version for 5€. that'y my way of collecting. I saw so many pics and videos of the GOTGv2 blufans steelbook and when I got my 1/4 slip I wasnt flashed anymore. It's OK for me, when I see pics and unboxing videos.

but that's a different topic, so

I agree. I keep mine sealed. When I first started collecting I began unboxing them to look at them but I feel the same where keeping them sealed keeps that condition. Different collectors do different things and it's not 'wrong' to keep sealed like it's not 'wrong' to open them, all personal choice. I too watch videos and look at photos to enjoy what the actuall steelbook looks like or whether or not to make a decision to buy. I don't feel any need to open it up, look at it once or twice, then put it back again for fear that continual messing will cause scratches etc. Boxsets I open and remove the box packaging to see the slipcovers within, but keep the slips sealed. Looking at something sealed isn't a whole lot different to looking at something unsealed, it's body chemistry as to just how 'excited' you get and what enjoyment you get. I like the 'afresh' feeling of keeping them sealed. On the back of that, if I do open them up and find they are damaged it just ruins your experience of collecting. If I keep them sealed and one day sell them on or trade... well, unfortunately it's somebody else's problem then. As far as watching the film goes, it's a tough one if I want to watch in 4K as I won't be able to buy a cheaper version of that :LOL:

In this case, ignorance is bliss.