Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 27, 2024
Purchase link: Walmart
Price: $35.49
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Wonka.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about the steel, but the movie is OK. I’m not sure if it’s as good a the Gene Wilder flick, but it’s a decent prequel to that movie.

Yep same. Got a feeling ML may do an exclusive as well
Yeah, I'd be really surprised if manta don't do this. I was just going to wait for that, but if this wwa is really that heavily embossed, and dripping in gloss, I'll grab it first :rofl:

That steel could actually turn out ok with that finish. I hope we get a premium
of this. Watched it at the weekend and absolutely loved it. Great film

Gloss with em/debossing according to steelbook.com

HOLY SMOKES. This looks amazing.

Glad I watched it, before buying...
cat face GIF

Sorry, I think I ate too much sweetness.

View attachment 571303

That's the problem when you're only used to potatoes and borscht. You can't stand a straight up American sugar bomb when you see one.

Does walmart put these in stores or do they only sell steel via the mail?

They are often in stores. But release days are strange with Walmart. sometimes they put them out early, other times late. My online orders always ship the Friday after release date.

There haven't been many orders in the group buy yet, just stating here that I do have extras ordered if needed, but would appreciate folks getting their order in now.

I can't order a ton based on speculation and can only do pre-orders based on what people pay for.

If you want a copy but can't pay for it now, let me know and I'll try and help some other way.

That's the problem when you're only used to potatoes and borscht. You can't stand a straight up American sugar bomb when you see one.
Isn't that a bit 'racially profiling', shouldn't 'ya'll' be tolerant and 'woke'. :smuggrin: Besides that I prefer spicy Georgian Kharcho, or Italian Minestrone, and movies the same way.
I appreciated slightly crazy, murderous, clone-slave cult commanding Depp Wonka, this one's too childish, and crazy in a bad, singing around milking a CGI giraffe way. :facepalm:

I appreciated slightly crazy, murderous, clone-slave cult commanding Depp Wonka, this one's too childish, and crazy in a bad, singing around milking a CGI giraffe way. :facepalm:
Have you ever watched or heard of The Mighty Boosh? The director made all 3 seasons starting 20 years ago and everything that happens in that is much more crazier than milking a CGI giraffe. He’s always attacked surrealism, goofiness and childishness with a perfect balance. Same as he did with Paddington tbh. But The Mighty Boosh is still very different from this and Paddington

The music for Wonka was also written by the Divine Comedy lead singer/ song writer and it’s all very very well written for this style of film.

Every steelbook I ordered from Wal Mart has been shipped in a bubble mailer and mostly have come damaged. Returning has been a pain. I usually use PayPal at checkout and Wal Mart has not been able to do the refund in store on a return. Makes me not want to order any steels from WM just yet until they figure out how to properly ship, if they ever do.