Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2012
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £21.99

1.jpg

full

Last edited by a moderator:
just opened mine up to watch and have noticed both discs are region B only so if anyone from another country wants to get make sure you have multi region machine

@bradipolpo

3d audio
english 7.1
english descriptive 5.1
espanol dd 5.1
francis dts 5.1
portugues dd 5.1
pyccknn dts 5.1
ykpaihcbka dd 5.1

3d subs
english, espanol,francis,dansk,suomi,norsk,portugues,pyccknn,svenska,eesti, looks like china or japan cant copy gliphs,latviesu,lietuviu kalba,ykpaihcbki.

anyway there it all is of screen near to type as is.

basil :thumbs:

just opened mine up to watch and have noticed both discs are region B only so if anyone from another country wants to get make sure you have multi region machine

@bradipolpo

3d audio
english 7.1
english descriptive 5.1
espanol dd 5.1
francis dts 5.1
portugues dd 5.1
pyccknn dts 5.1
ykpaihcbka dd 5.1

3d subs
english, espanol,francis,dansk,suomi,norsk,portugues,pyccknn,svenska,eesti, looks like china or japan cant copy gliphs,latviesu,lietuviu kalba,ykpaihcbki.

anyway there it all is of screen near to type as is.

I don't believe this is Region locked looking at the subtitles as some of them belong to Region A and C countries. Are you 100% sure mate about the Region locking?

I don't believe this is Region locked looking at the subtitles as some of them belong to Region A and C countries. Are you 100% sure mate about the Region locking?

logo on the disc's is b only and this is fox without a foriegn machine i cant tell you 100% but make of it what you will.

maybe someone who has a foriegn machine can comment more, but i thought i would stick the warning up otherwise could be money down the drain.

maybe @paulboland or such like can comment more

photos below
xmennormal.jpg

xmen3d.jpg

all the best

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
logo on the disc's is b only and this is fox without a foriegn machine i cant tell you 100% but make of it what you will.

maybe someone who has a foriegn machine can comment more, but i thought i would stick the warning up otherwise could be money down the drain.

maybe @paulboland or such like can comment more

all the best
It's Region Free
UK Blu-ray plays in a Region A player
I just tested the Disc in my Region A player
It's 100% Region A/B Disc

Just because a Disc has region B only on it don't mean it's region locked only way ever to check a Disc is to test seperatly in Region A and Region B player

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
It's Region Free
UK Blu-ray plays in a Region A player
I just tested the Disc in my Region A player
It's 100% Region A/B Disc

Just because a Disc has region B only on it don't mean it's region locked only way ever to check a Disc is to test seperatly in Region A and Region B player

ok my bad thought just cover base to be safe what i saw. but as i dont own a foreign machine will leave what i see well alone regards region from now on.

but i have had poor advice in the past regards region saying was ok and was not a steelbook sits on my shelf proof of such advice. funnily that was a fox title too.

but hey ho

Been half a year and still no price drop. Ended up conceding that this will not drop down in price. Just got my copy today. When I went to HMV the staff member said this is close to becoming out of stock. Not sure if that is staff sales tactic but he seemed pretty genuine as we talking about steelbooks in general and he was a collector as well. HMV online has limited to 1 steel per order. @Flloydo you still waiting for the '2 for £25' deal?

Been half a year and still no price drop. Ended up conceding that this will not drop down in price. Just got my copy today. When I went to HMV the staff member said this is close to becoming out of stock. Not sure if that is staff sales tactic but he seemed pretty genuine as we talking about steelbooks in general and he was a collector as well. HMV online has limited to 1 steel per order. @Flloydo you still waiting for the '2 for £25' deal?
I got fed up of waiting for a price drop too, so picked it up from eBay for £15 just a few days ago.

To be honest, I thought so little of the film I've forgotten about it. I could of picked a mint copy up for £12 in CEX just before Christmas but I passed.
Maybe I'll pick it up one day and I love x men but this film seriously did nothing for me

I can't tell you why it hasn't dropped, it's odd for a fox title to not drop at Hmv or go into a 2 for....

As for stock, again not a clue. The guy at the till will only be able to tell you that stores stock and unless he told you that it says discontinued then there shouldn't be a issue

Now sold out!. It took a while but now sold out HMV online. We were all wrong (including myself) about the price drops lol. Sometimes its a good idea to bring back old posts where we confidently predicted something but was wrong.

@lgans316 you were the only that sort of predicted it would not reduce in price.

This'll be in 2 for £25 in no time.
really? :rofl::p

Only just seen this info and pics of the US steel in the other thread.

Was hoping for some embossing like the US version but ill take gloss over matte any day.

I might wait for this and the conjuring to hit the 2 for £25

Can't see this selling out for a while and a big ol print run

Well, it depends on the print run. Revenant and BVS never turned up in the 2 for 25 deal.

Revenant is still in stock and will most likely hit 2 for £25 at some point.

I'll defo be waiting for this in the 2 for £25. Or a price drop in general.

Both wolverine and days of future past went the same way

I love x men and will need this for the collection but it wasn't the best and don't want to pay that price for a okayish x men film (whereas DOFP and wolverine were worth it)

One of the rare occasions I have to agree with you on lol. I can see this going for the 2 for £25 as well. Probably like a 10k print run and the stores will always have a few in their shelf that never disappears. Will be waiting for the drop as well.

Last edited:
The guy at the till will only be able to tell you that stores stock and unless he told you that it says discontinued then there shouldn't be a issue

I guess the member of staff at HMV gave me a good insight that it was going to be out of stock. So right he was. That's what made me think and stick the order in. I think with marvel releases have to play it more careful.

Now sold out!. It took a while but now sold out HMV online. We were all wrong (including myself) about the price drops lol. Sometimes its a good idea to bring back old posts where we confidently predicted something but was wrong.

@lgans316 you were the only that sort of predicted it would not reduce in price.

really? :rofl::p
I guess the member of staff at HMV gave me a good insight that it was going to be out of stock. So right he was. That's what made me think and stick the order in. I think with marvel releases have to play it more careful.

I'm seriously not bothered and considering this is possibly the first of the fox/ x men films to not hit 2 for £25 then I think most will understand why they thought there will be no issue.

I can pick this up from other countries too if I really wanted it so no biggie plus there will be a re release at some point with hopefully better art and maybe a lenti.

Also what I said about the stores old school green screen computers are still true. Unless it says discontinued the staff can only really speak for their store. Just coicidence this was selling out everywhere. I think some stores will still have stock though.

But it's also true. Can never tell with Hmv really

I'm seriously not bothered and considering this is possibly the first of the fox/ x men films to not hit 2 for £25 then I think most will understand why they thought there will be no issue.

I can pick this up from other countries too if I really wanted it so no biggie plus there will be a re release at some point with hopefully better art and maybe a lenti.

Also what I said about the stores old school green screen computers are still true. Unless it says discontinued the staff can only really speak for their store. Just coicidence this was selling out everywhere. I think some stores will still have stock though.

But it's also true. Can never tell with Hmv really
I'm not questioning whether you were bothered or not, it was to show us that we were wrong there was ever a reduction. We were wrong, lgans was right.

This never dropped in price.
This never went for the £25 for 2 deal.
What you intend to do whether a steel went OOS is your business and none of mine.
The point to this is that it gives us an insight of future marvel/dc exclusives from HMV for members here, is it worth the gamble and wait?

BvS, SS, XMen Apoc never reduced in price and all sold out. Next is Logan. Now with the history we have I'm not so sure I am willing to wait for a 2 for £25 deal.

I think you have a misunderstanding with the staff member when we were discussion OOS steels. The staff member I mentioned was a collector and we were discussion OOS steels. He came to the conclusion that Marvel steels will get sold out and not drop in price such as suicude squad. I questioned why x men apoc wasn't but he stated it was heading that way as well. When I checked online it was 1 per order and that implied to me stock levels were low. Where that information came from I did not ask but I am sure HMV staff have more information than us about their stock, not just in store.

Interestingly enough it has 'sold out'. Whether you can still find this in the store is irrelevant as it's now sold out online and the stores will not be able to get further stock once the store steels has sold out.

We were wrong, lgans was right.

I'm not questioning whether you were bothered or not, it was to show us that we were wrong there was ever a reduction. We were wrong, lgans was right.

This never dropped in price.
This never went for the £25 for 2 deal.
What you intend to do whether a steel went OOS is your business and none of mine.
The point to this is that it gives us an insight of future marvel/dc exclusives from HMV for members here, is it worth the gamble and wait?

BvS, SS, XMen Apoc never reduced in price and all sold out. Next is Logan. Now with the history we have I'm not so sure I am willing to wait for a 2 for £25 deal.

I think you have a misunderstanding with the staff member when we were discussion OOS steels. The staff member I mentioned was a collector and we were discussion OOS steels. He came to the conclusion that Marvel steels will get sold out such as suicude squad. I questioned why x men apoc wasn't but he stated it was heading that way as well. When I checked online it was 1 per order and that implied to me stock levels were low. Where that information came from I did not ask but I am sure HMV staff have more information than us about their stock.

Interestingly enough it has 'sold out'. Whether you can still find this in the store is irrelevant as it's now sold out online and the stores will not be able to get further stock once the store steels has sold out.

We were wrong, lgans was right.

It's really not an insight to the future of certain steels. This has always happened with Hmv. Some sell quick some don't. And come back after being away a while like the Lego movie.

Well I loved Logan much more than this film hence why I'm keeping my order for Logan plus I love the art (if it sticks) so those are also points on why I'm keeping it and not worring about a drop.
As much as I love x men, this film was awful and I wasn't prepared to pay that price. When I know I can get it else where or second hand for cheaper (just to add to the x men collection) or a re release which most likely won't have 3D and will be cheaper

Anyway you have a thing about tagging me when something don't drop and sell out when majority do drop and don't sell out so I'm really not bothered

Fair dos, he knows his shiz.
I've worked there before, twice in fact which is why I also know my shiz. Plus I'm still mates with employees and managers and like minded individuals like your contact who I get info from.

And it's very clever of him to come to the conclusion that marvel sells
Out. When everyone on this site knows that anyway lol
But some Hmv marvel titles last a lot longer or have bigger print runs hence past price drops or 2 for £25 etc

And it's very clever of him to come to the conclusion that marvel sells
Out. When everyone on this site knows that anyway lol
Lol sold out means no price drops, you do need to interpret a little wider out of the box! That was the whole point of the conversation, which steels sell out with NO price drops.

No he's not a contact at all, I just went in to see if they had the accountant and that's when we just started chatting.