Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2012
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £21.99

1.jpg

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol sold out means no price drops, you do need to interpret a little wider out of the box! That was the whole point of the conversation, which steels sell out with NO price drops.

No he's not a contact at all, I just went in to see if they had the accountant and that's when we just started chatting.

I mean eventually or instant. It's not rocket science to understand what I meant.

All the marvel x men/ wolverines/ DC etc that did drop eventually sold out. Or they sold out before price drops. Not sure what's hard to understand

Anyway the spidey lentis are still in stock after a drop and the wolverine lentis too

So your not taking a risk is redundant because you just can't tell with Hmv

I seriously would not be surprised if this pops up again even if it's for 5 mins

Or they sold out before price drops. Not sure what's hard to understand

Anyway the spidey lentis are still in stock after a drop and the wolverine lentis too

Because your previous comment come across very sarcastic as if we don't know marvel steels 'sell out'. Of course they do. I repeat my interpretation again. We discussed steelbooks (marvel) that DO NOT drop in price so we can understand the risk to wait for an eventual price drop or purchase them in stock before they eventually sell out. The staff stated it was heading to be SOLD OUT meaning NO PRICE DROP which means I have to pay full price. We all know its going to get sold out but will there be a price drop before it does? Thats what we were discussing.

Those spidey and wolverine are old catalogue titles. There's a difference. I am not surprised as they are available.

After HMV came out of its financial crisis and resume online trading, the new released super hero steels: BVS, SS, XM APOC all never reduced and sold out. I can recall The Wolverine when it was FIRST released and dropped to 2 for £25. That was before they had financial issues. Perhaps now HMV are treading a little more differently with their marvel/dc NEW releases and whether they reduce them or not now they are back online? I don't know.

But the trend I can see is so far, no new marvel/dc steel has reduced in price before being sold out. I am sure Logan will follow.

edit - The Wolverine was released after the financial crisis. Got confused** But NOT online.

Last edited:
Because your previous comment come across very sarcastic as if we don't know marvel steels 'sell out'. Of course they do. I repeat my interpretation again. We discussed steelbooks (marvel) that DO NOT drop in price so we can understand the risk to wait for an eventual price drop or purchase them in stock before they eventually sell out. The staff stated it was heading to be SOLD OUT meaning NO PRICE DROP which means I have to pay full price. We all know its going to get sold out but will there be a price drop before it does? Thats what we were discussing.

Those spidey and wolverine are old catalogue titles. There's a difference. I am not surprised as they are available.

After HMV came out of its financial crisis and resume online trading, the new released super hero steels: BVS, SS, XM APOC all never reduced and sold out. I can recall The Wolverine when it was FIRST released and dropped to 2 for £25. That was before they had financial issues. Perhaps now HMV are treading a little more differently with their marvel/dc NEW releases and whether they reduce them or not now they are back online? I don't know.

But the trend I can see is so far, no new marvel/dc steel has reduced in price before being sold out. I am sure Logan will follow.

edit - The Wolverine was released after the financial crisis. Got confused** But NOT online.

It was sarcasim. But you still read it wrong. I meant you didn't need to go Instore and talk to a member of staff to find out marvel sells well - we can tell you that (and please don't reply saying I'm missing the point again because it was just sacrcasim, I know you was having convos about steels in general for the 8th time and you didn't go Instore just to find that out etc)

Yeah was going to say the wolverine was after. I was working there when that came out

Going back to online has certainly helped them plus they have gone back to having more exclusives again after the financial period and being bought by Hilco. So that patch of not online didn't help steels selling out and now more people are enjoying going Instore again over the past 2/3 years and enjoying buying physical media and not just online shopping so more non collectors or collectors just starting are buying more causing more to sell out.

i used to sell loads to non collectors

It's really not an insight to the future of certain steels. This has always happened with Hmv. Some sell quick some don't. And come back after being away a while like the Lego movie.

Agree but for this discussion I am referring to more Marvel new released steels as they are the most popular and generates the most interest and big budget hollywood movies. I think Lego movie might have sold quicker if it had the 3D. I thought it was a lovely glossy steelbook. Be interesting to see how the new Lego movie will progress with 3D in it, and if buyers want to continue with the HMV UK trend and have a sequel together - it's a big factor.

Well I loved Logan much more than this film hence why I'm keeping my order for Logan plus I love the art (if it sticks) so those are also points on why I'm keeping it and not worring about a drop.
As much as I love x men, this film was awful and I wasn't prepared to pay that price. When I know I can get it else where or second hand for cheaper (just to add to the x men collection) or a re release which most likely won't have 3D and will be cheaper

For this discussion with you let's keep the mental elements aside, our desire to prioritise if we want to purchase this or not whether it gets sold out or not. It's price drops we are discussion and for the benefit of members reading this.

Anyway you have a thing about tagging me when something don't drop and sell out when majority do drop and don't sell out so I'm really not bothered

I tagged you in because you appear to be very confident of price drops and I did recall you saying previously you worked at HMV with good inside knowledge. Anyone who is going to be confident in something, expect a response when you are wrong lol. Of course if you wish to cease discussing price drops with me where you very confidently state it will drop then I will cease communication with you. No big deal at all :p

Fair dos, he knows his shiz.
I've worked there before, twice in fact which is why I also know my shiz. Plus I'm still mates with employees and managers and like minded individuals like your contact who I get info from.

That gives me more reason to discuss on public forums about price drops from HMV, especially as a former employee and contact with employees and managers. Perhaps they can share us insight information online which steels are like to go OOS very soon or will be highly sought or what is likely to go on a promotion. Members can benefit whether to continue waiting for eventual price drops or not, or not risking the steel to be 'SOLD OUT' and having to pay up market retail prices from private sellers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was sarcasim. But you still read it wrong. I meant you didn't need to go Instore and talk to a member of staff to find out marvel sells well - we can tell you that (and please don't reply saying I'm missing the point again because it was just sacrcasim, I know you was having convos about steels in general for the 8th time and you didn't go Instore just to find that out etc)

Apologies, I did not define and interpret what your sarcasm was directed about, now I understand!

Yeah was going to say the wolverine was after. I was working there when that came out
So when you were there, at what point did the store tell you of price drops. Was it pre-planned on a set date or did they assess this by actual sales? What was The Wolverine print run anyway? It was there for ages

Going back to online has certainly helped them plus they have gone back to having more exclusives again after the financial period and being bought by Hilco. So that patch of not online didn't help steels selling out and now more people are enjoying going Instore again over the past 2/3 years and enjoying buying physical media and not just online shopping so more non collectors or collectors just starting are buying more causing more to sell out.

Now it appears HMV are back in their feet. I do hope they will keep expanding and see more exclusives. I've always had a soft spot for HMV and gutted when the online store shut down.

Oh my days! :wacky:

I wish to cease discussing price drops with you .......

Did that work? Has he gone away?
:LOL:

For the record I've been as helpful as a can be over the past few years with Hmv and how things work and steels etc and when to look online and tagging people when things have dropped or come back but I also have my own life and can't help everyone out all the time. Sorry if that comes across rude but I've helped many out when I can

Plus I've PMd alot of memebers instead of making it public on the threads to stop scalpers reading in and buying all the copies

All those members know who they are when I've helped them etc and I've done my best to explain how to get the best out HMV stores and online and you need to remember not everyone working there cares about the customer and some people are just straight up retarded with no info on steels or the company for that matter

Today's helpful fact (which I've mentioned many times before) is:
If it's not in store, then ask at the counter, if they look like a robot or seem to not know much then get them to look in the cupboards behind the tills because since HMV was taken over by hilco they got rid of their security meaning anyone can steal items and the staff can't do sh*t about it unless there's a police officer walking past or a hero civilian. My point is I'm certain areas where theft is high the steelbooks (and box sets) are targets and some store only leave one or 2 out and the rest behind the counter. Both stores I worked in did this although one was In a shopping centre and wasn't too bad as it had its own security walking around

If they look on the system and it says discontinued then it don't actuallymean they don't have physical copies (it just means no more from the supplier) so get them to look at stock amounts. Some stores will order it in from a store with less sales too if they can but they won't tell you that unless you ask (some staff might but majority won't) - especially Christmas time (end of October to end of January) as Christmas temps usually outweigh actual permanent staff in certain stores and are much more clueless

Yeah I still have mates who work for Hmv as staff and managers etc but I don't ring them up every day/ week or month for that matter to find out info on every release plus at the moment due to personal reasons I'm know-where near a store and god knows for how long so I can only give you tips and not print runs etc (which most the time it's better guessing because they won't tell you unless someone on here knows better or is in with someone from the studios - like some mods and memebers are - like the big man)

That's it for tonight now sunny, you've worn me down

(Oh and I'm confident with price drops because the UK like France, Germany and Italy get a lot of f*cking price drops - yeah I've been wrong and yeah I've been right - who gives a ****)

Oh my days! :wacky:

I wish to cease discussing price drops with you .......

Did that work? Has he gone away?
:LOL:

For the record I've been as helpful as a can be over the past few years with Hmv and how things work and steels etc and when to look online and tagging people when things have dropped or come back but I also have my own life and can't help everyone out all the time. Sorry if that comes across rude but I've helped many out when I can

Plus I've PMd alot of memebers instead of making it public on the threads to stop scalpers reading in and buying all the copies

All those members know who they are when I've helped them etc and I've done my best to explain how to get the best out HMV stores and online and you need to remember not everyone working there cares about the customer and some people are just straight up retarded with no info on steels or the company for that matter

Today's helpful fact (which I've mentioned many times before) is:
If it's not in store, then ask at the counter, if they look like a robot or seem to not know much then get them to look in the cupboards behind the tills because since HMV was taken over by hilco they got rid of their security meaning anyone can steal items and the staff can't do sh*t about it unless there's a police officer walking past or a hero civilian. My point is I'm certain areas where theft is high the steelbooks (and box sets) are targets and some store only leave one or 2 out and the rest behind the counter. Both stores I worked in did this although one was In a shopping centre and wasn't too bad as it had its own security walking around

If they look on the system and it says discontinued then it don't actuallymean they don't have physical copies (it just means no more from the supplier) so get them to look at stock amounts. Some stores will order it in from a store with less sales too if they can but they won't tell you that unless you ask (some staff might but majority won't) - especially Christmas time (end of October to end of January) as Christmas temps usually outweigh actual permanent staff in certain stores and are much more clueless

Yeah I still have mates who work for Hmv as staff and managers etc but I don't ring them up every day/ week or month for that matter to find out info on every release plus at the moment due to personal reasons I'm know-where near a store and god knows for how long so I can only give you tips and not print runs etc (which most the time it's better guessing because they won't tell you unless someone on here knows better or is in with someone from the studios - like some mods and memebers are - like the big man)

That's it for tonight now sunny, you've worn me down

(Oh and I'm confident with price drops because the UK like France, Germany and Italy get a lot of f*cking price drops - yeah I've been wrong and yeah I've been right - who gives a ****)

Thanks, I will never go away. Will save my energy for another thread, I am relentless :)