Price:

steelbook.jpg

Actual Image courtesy kevindublin
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Picture kindly sent to us by HMV -
!xmendofp.jpg

It "should" include 3D
i posted this pic i took from inside my hmv store in my town a few posts back, should stick this in the Original post also as it states it is the 3D steelbook and will save confusion.

914E2D5F-0C70-4C32-BF77-7BC18D13A3C9_zps7rol8bt1.jpg
a4uzetyv.jpg

Attachments

• XMenDoFP.jpg
    XMenDoFP.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 801
Last edited by a moderator:
It would be a good idea when the HMV steels are released, if they have a place holder on the shelf that you take to the counter. That way they dont get "accidentally scratched or dropped" by customers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats exactly what my hmv do, they have 1 open steelbook for each film you take the open steelbook to the counter and they give you a sealed steelbook.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
It would be a good idea when the HMV steels are released, if they have a place holder on the shelf that you take to the counter. That way they dont get "accidentally scratched or dropped" by customers!

Well the muppets in my HMV opened every single copy of The Hunger Games and stacked them on the shelf to rub together.
When I asked for a sealed copy and why they had opened them I was told they have too now as they were being stolen :hilarious:
These muppets never fail to amaze me !

Well the muppets in my HMV opened every single copy of The Hunger Games and stacked them on the shelf to rub together.
When I asked for a sealed copy and why they had opened them I was told they have too now as they were being stolen :hilarious:

If you Pre-Order you will get a Sealed Copy as its meant to be kept separately from store stock that go on display if a Pre-Order not collected it then goes into shop stock for sale
It will depend on how a store is run
Luckily with my local Xtra-Vision/Hmv Shop they keep any of my Pre-Orders unopened so far that is

I don't like seeing steelbooks or slipcovers in display stands or racking shelves as some customers don't they care in handling them and they end up easily damaged

Last edited:
Preordered at hmv Newcastle today. They wouldn't take any deposit as the store is relocating to eldon square in July and would have a different store number. They took all my details and gave me a receipt.
They said it's 3 discs, 3d and ultra violet. And released last week of September.

yep my hmv down gunwharf portsmouth is the same, they open them remove discs because being stolen but has anyone looked on ebay of late various steels sold with 'case only no film' so thats working in all various stores then!

be better off having a shelf display version only marked as such so no one would steal bring that to counter for a copy from out back sort alot of problems out.

basil :thumbs:

I been seeing a lot of discussion regarding if this steelbook will or won't be 3D, so I emailed hmv customer service and got this response

"Dear Kashby

Thanks for contacting us regarding the following item:

Cat No: 5830115010 Barcode: 5039036069342
Artist: STEWART, PATRICK: IAN MCKELLEN: HUGH JACKMAN: BRYAN SINGER-DIR
Title : X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST: HMV EXCLUSIVE: STEELBOOK: ULTRAVIOLET: 3D

According to the listing, yes, it will include the 3D version

Kind regards
hmv Customer Service"

So not only does it contain the 3D disc it will also have ultra violet, I hope this is enough conformation for everyone

Last edited:

It's really no wonder they went into administration.

IMO, the staff at the Manchester Arndale store are very knowledgeable about steels at least.
Calling front line staff , "muppets" is a bit harsh ! These guys are doing their best with the info they have been given.

Oh, I do not work for HMV.

Went into my Bradford store today... finally after wondering where it was for years.

He said it was down as £21.99 on the system but he said it will go down in price and I left a £5 deposit :)

I just been to store in Brighton and got told minimum payment is £10 so paid it. Hopefully she got correct number down for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just preorderd 2 copies at HMV at Merry Hill, 2 seperate transactions as was told 1per pre order limit and had to pay full price £21.99 each. The guy who served me didnt know anything about it and I had to show him the MASSIVE display in their doorway advertising it, even then he had to ask a young girl to help him find it on their system, took about half an hour to process both transactions...bloody hard work that was :(

Ron

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Waiting for some real artwork to be announced for this....

BUT, in the mean time Ive ordered TWO of these (SEE PIC) for my XMEN shrine. At the very reasonable price of $74.99 each on Amazon! Now waiting to order the Cerebro Set...they are gunna sitting pretty together!!! :oohyeah:

SEE PIC...

Had that ordered from amazon.ca for $120 so cheers! You just saved me enough money to pay for my UK steel! :thumbs:

Waiting for some real artwork to be announced for this....

BUT, in the mean time Ive ordered TWO of these (SEE PIC) for my XMEN shrine. At the very reasonable price of $74.99 each on Amazon! Now waiting to order the Cerebro Set...they are gunna sitting pretty together!!! :oohyeah:

SEE PIC...

Looks pretty nice for £62 all in (inc import fees) to the UK...Ordered, thanks!