X-Men: Days of Future Past (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Collection #01) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: October 10, 2014
Purchase link: Kimchi
Price: $42.99

%EC%97%91%EC%8A%A4%EB%A7%A8_%EC%A2%85%ED%95%A9%ED%8C%A9%EC%83%B7-1-jpg.101173

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I was not clear. The image being used for the lenticular is the same. To me, the depth on the German lentil is very good but as noted by others, it has no movement. The Kimchi edition lenticular will have some effect / movement. As for the title in German as far as I can see it is on the J card alone. If the German lentil is rubbish as it lacks movement, I better throw away my Thor 2 Kimchi :naughty: It too has no lenticular effect

As you can see here (From the pic in the German thread) the title on the lenti is in German......
imageuploadedbytapatalk1412088095-910348-jpg.104188

The German lenti doesn't change image-it's static. To me this is a big difference. And would sway my mind in deciding which one I would go for. Personally, there is no competition with Kimchis.

Last edited:
As you can see here (From the pic in the German thread) the title on the lenti is in German......

The German lenti doesn't change image-it's static. I'm not sure how you think this could be the same? By telling people this, you're only misleading them. But judging by your sarcastic comment in your last post, it sounds like I put your nose out of joint by pointing it out to you.

Without getting too much into the argument , this is a nice looking steel this

The German lenti doesn't change image-it's static. I'm not sure how you think this could be the same? But judging by your sarcastic comment in your last post, it sounds like I put your nose out of joint by pointing it out to you.

Not at all Pearse :)
German lenti have always had German titles for the most part. I barely noticed the letters under the title. They are bothersome to many but myself, it doesn't matter.

It is the same skull image being used on the Kimchi lenticular. Of course due to depth and movement it will have a totally different feel and color tone

Probably been asked but what's this new kimchi collection?.
It's most likely Kimchidvd following suit behind Blufans and Novamedia. Both of those companies have different lineups depending if the steelbook is WEA or WWA (or depending on other factors too).

Reactions: Narg
I'm not sure that's entirely true.

The German lenticular has got the title in German. And also, does the eyes light up and go off on the German lenti? (Maybe someone could confirm this?) Someone in that other thread said the lenti was rubbish and only had a bit of depth. I don't think the image actually changes on the German one. :confused:

Perhaps I was not clear. The image being used for the lenticular is the same. To me, the depth on the German lentil is very good but as noted by others, it has no movement. The Kimchi edition lenticular will have some effect / movement. As for the title in German as far as I can see it is on the J card alone. If the German lentil is rubbish as it lacks movement, I better throw away my Thor 2 Kimchi :naughty: It too has no lenticular effect

Regarding your questions about the german steel guys:

1. The german title is on the lenticular-magnet AND on the steelbook itself, so you'd have to get used to "Zukunft ist Vergangenheit".. ;)

w/ magnet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPqyUpFM9WKUlQ3MkRoMG4tQlk/edit?usp=sharing
w/o magnet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPqyUpFM9WKRVVjOWltY0dxcWM/edit?usp=sharing

2. The eyes DO NOT light up in the lenticular-effect. The lenticular-magnet is made very well and the picture is clear, but the effect itself is just plain boring, it tries to show the head from different angles. :thumbs:

Video of the lenti-effect:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPqyUpFM9WKTVJIRU5VZzFkWVE/edit?usp=sharing

The steelbook itself is basically very beautiful, especially the inside art looks great, but the artwork seems too dark to me, and the lenticular-effects show off way better at bright designs. Even though the matte finish underneath the magnet is very well produced, like at all the other lenticular-releases at Media Markt and Saturn. :)
I think Kimchi will handle this way better with their lenticular-slip! ;)

I hope i could help in some way..

Last edited:
I'm talking embossed as in the letters raised. Not the finish.

I know buddy. I was just talking out loud and expressing my dissatisfaction at the matte finish after seeing the image.
However that bit of my message wasn't aimed at answering you. The other bit i wrote about shared print run was. sorry for confusion.

Reactions: lgans316
I know buddy. I was just talking out loud and expressing my dissatisfaction at the matte finish after seeing the image.
However that bit of my message wasn't aimed at answering you. The other bit i wrote about shared print run was. sorry for confusion.
Oh, no worries. Yeah, I'd rather have gloss over matte too.

Reactions: kron
That's what I thought but the non exclusive is available from today so thought it was a bit late to go live?
KimchiDVD already said that this wouldn't be going live until after the server upgrade and the Her pre-order - the Her pre-order was today, so I'd imagine it shouldn't be too much longer now.