Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi / MCM Expo Comic Con Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Steelbook collectors should definitely stop by our stall (1361) at MCM Expo Comic Con... We'll be selling an Ultra Limited run of the Young Frankenstein #Steelbook with this electrifying artwork. Only 1000 copies! Good ol' Igor, we're glad he made the back cover.

Any unsold copies should be available online within a few days of event.
Via Zavvi Facebook page
Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < (Sold out)!

10697414_10152317061050146_2605977833952145561_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't Comicon's have exclusives all the time?

CC exclusive Star Wars figures, statues, Hotwheels, DVD packaging and so on and so forth. Wasn't there a Suckerpunch exclusive steelbook at some convention?

Are you against those too? Following that logic, nothing should be either exclusive or limited so that everyone who wants something can get it (even years later).

I'm not against conventions exclusives but Zavvi in my opinion should have at least split this to 500 to website and 500 to the MCM Expo in London and that way they also would have better chance of ending up as sold out

MCM Expo in London also could do good business if they set up a website to sell products to fans who cant be there in person

I cant see 1000 copies of this selling at MCM Expo not with this release they might sell lot of other products though

• Helpful Post
Reactions: yardman
I'm planning on going Sunday. Might pick up some if a) there is enough interest b) they don't limit the per person number (i.e. 1 per person)

If you do go, and they don't limit you, I would like a copy please.

I'm planning on going Sunday. Might pick up some if a) there is enough interest b) they don't limit the per person number (i.e. 1 per person)

I'll be up for a copy if there's an exclusive sticker or something to say Comic Con...I doubt whether Zavvi has even thought about that :LOL:

Hi whited001
I would be up for a copy if its possible you can get one
Let me know if you can get one for me but let me know the price first
Thanks
Paul

Last edited:
I'm not against conventions exclusives but Zavvi in my opinion should have at least split this to 500 to website and 500 to the MCM Expo in London and that way they also would have better chance of ending up as sold out

MCM Expo in London also could do good business if they set up a website to sell products to fans who cant be there in person

I cant see 1000 copies of this selling at MCM Expo not with this release they might sell lot of other products though

It would make little sense to set up a website to sell convention exclusives, the whole point of which is to attract people to the convention.

I can see it now, @whited001 walking up to their booth.
"Yes, I'd like 1000 of your finest Young Frankenstein Exclusive Steelbooks, please."
"o_O ... what?"
"I'd like 1000 of your finest Young Frankenstein Exclusive Steelbooks, please."
"And how are you going to pay for it?"
"My PayPal debit card!"
*moments later*
"Alright, well the transaction went through. Let me just open this box for you and check that they're all there"
*SPINE SLASH!!!!!!*

Reactions: cooey and Flash
It would make little sense to set up a website to sell convention exclusives, the whole point of which is to attract people to the convention.
I'm talking about stock that did not sell at the convention and only available after its been finished
I'm sure there is items at these convections that don't sell out and companies would like to be able to sell after convention is over and not be stuck with stock unsold

I got the MCM London and Manchester from time to time, not attending this year. The artwork is a bit meh. Wouldn't surprise me if zavvi charge a stupid amount for this

I can see it now, @whited001 walking up to their booth.
"Yes, I'd like 1000 of your finest Young Frankenstein Exclusive Steelbooks, please."
"o_O ... what?"
"I'd like 1000 of your finest Young Frankenstein Exclusive Steelbooks, please."
"And how are you going to pay for it?"
"My PayPal debit card!"
*moments later*
"Alright, well the transaction went through. Let me just open this box for you and check that they're all there"
*SPINE SLASH!!!!!!*

I see it a different way. I would expect someone to go to the booth and order 500 of the 1000 available. Once the transaction is done and you have left the booth the intercom comes on and an announcement is made. "Attention all collectors...There are still 1000 Young Frankenstein steelbooks available. It is first come, first serve and they are extremely limited.":ohno::ohno:

If this does not happen, the I would completelt expect the steelbook to look completely different once you get to the convention...:ohno::muted::muted:

Reactions: psychoscot
I don't think this will sell out there might get some copies on zavvi or try get one on the bay after if not I wouldn't mind a copy.

It will probably be £17.99 and it makes sense to sell them here instead as Zavvi can sell 'em all off and make a quick getaway, thus we can't complain if they have imperfections.

I'm going to inform the eBay scalper brigade and ask if they can buy 500 of these so I can get one for half the going rate. :hilarious:

I did look at this convention a couple of weeks ago, but there is no one I wanted to meet or even heard of for that matter I'm not bothering. Besides, I haven't even heard of the film.