Slipbox Your Name (Blu-ray Slipbox) [Korea]

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Release date: June 19, 2018
Purchase links: KimchiDVD Full Slip - Lenticular (Pre-order between May 9 and May 17)
Price: $34.99 (Full slip) - $54.99 (Lenticular)

Full Slip | Lenticular

15257740474362070.jpg 15257742612671736.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Australian Limited Slipbox of this. I’m an anime fan, but found this film a little lacklustre after some of Shinkai’s previous efforts. IMO the animation was down a notch after Garden Of Words. But as a Shinkai completist I’m going to get this Deluxe Version (as long as it’s Region Free and has English subs).

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Region A locked:squint:

I'm doubtful of this being the case eventhough they're labelled Region A as standard. The only Korean Blus that seem to get locked these days are CJ Entertainment discs - a few KD Media as well as I think on it more. Publishers are smart enough to know most Blu sales of Korean discs come from outside Korea. :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm doubtful of this being the case eventhough they're labelled Region A as standard. The only Korean Blus that seem to get locked these days are CJ Entertainment discs - a few KD Media as well as I think on it more. Publishers are smart enough to know most Blu sales of Korean discs come from outside Korea. :rofl:
It seems it will be Region Locked as per International release criteria set by Toho. Funimation US has the same policy on many of its anime releases. Apparently anime distributors globally pay some big sums for titles and are quite protective of their market. I emailed Madman Australia about this the other day. They said they would be very surprised if any Anime releases from Korea were Region Free.

Region A locked:squint:
I got rid of this region locked headache when shopping for movies worldwide by getting a region free player. Saved me all the time and trouble having to check every listing what region code it is.

I suggest if you like this release to just get it first and keep it until the day you changed to a region free player.

The package content descriptions are all in Korean only. Other than the 6 postcards, the double-sided poster and the red cord, can someone kindly translate the description of the other items to English? Thanks

DFC5EDCD-3F21-4C24-8279-5CAD84DA65F1.jpeg
I got rid of this region locked headache when shopping for movies worldwide by getting a region free player. Saved me all the time and trouble having to check every listing what region code it is.

I suggest if you like this release to just get it first and keep it until the day you changed to a region free player.
You’re so right. Looking for a Oppo at the moment. The problem I have is I have an older surround set up that requires me to get a player that can be switched to PCM via the onscreen menu, ie: my receiver is Dolby only. It was designed by Italian Giorgetto Giugario, and it’s beautiful and I can’t bear to part with it:shy: see pic.

It seems it will be Region Locked as per International release criteria set by Toho. Funimation US has the same policy on many of its anime releases. Apparently anime distributors globally pay some big sums for titles and are quite protective of their market. I emailed Madman Australia about this the other day. They said they would be very surprised if any Anime releases from Korea were Region Free.

Allow them to be surprised then because I own plenty of korean anime blus that are region free lol. I'm aware of this policy of course and it certainly does come into effect.. especially so with titles like Your Name which are commercially very successful. Seems the more money can be made the more they will push to ensure it gets locked. However the thing is we are late in the game as far as releases of this movie goes.. anyone who wanted it probably has a version of it by now on bluray. I guess I wouldn't say gamble all in with your $55 until we know for sure (and I admit I'm not familiar with this publisher) but I still think it has a good chance of being region free.

edit: was racking my brain to recall any other publishers that lock their discs and Art Service came to mind with Memories and Green Days. This is not limited to anime/animated movies though many of their older discs were locked as well.

Last edited:
View attachment 373549
You’re so right. Looking for a Oppo at the moment. The problem I have is I have an older surround set up that requires me to get a player that can be switched to PCM via the onscreen menu, ie: my receiver is Dolby only. It was designed by Italian Giorgetto Giugario, and it’s beautiful and I can’t bear to part with it:shy: see pic.
Haha, that's a gorgeous system.

So it can only accept PCM? There's no way to hook up a 2nd player via coaxial even if just 2-channel?

The package content descriptions are all in Korean only. Other than the 6 postcards, the double-sided poster and the red cord, can someone kindly translate the description of the other items to English? Thanks

Other additional contents are: Scriptbook (Korean only most likely) , 100 page Photobook, OST (1 disc - I believe there's a 2 disc version out there in some releases?) , set of 3 sticker sheets, set of 6 postcards and of course disc 2 is bonus materials.. Quite a nice haul of extras including those you already mentioned!

Haha, that's a gorgeous system.

So it can only accept PCM? There's no way to hook up a 2nd player via coaxial even if just 2-channel?
I know I’m gonna have to update it soon. But I’m a sucker for Italian design:rolleyes:. Probably gonna go Bose Sound Bar TBH.

Allow them to be surprised then because I own plenty of korean anime blus that are region free lol. I'm aware of this policy of course and it certainly does come into effect.. especially so with titles like Your Name which are commercially very successful. Seems the more money can be made the more they will push to ensure it gets locked. However the thing is we are late in the game as far as releases of this movie goes.. anyone who wanted it probably has a version of it by now on bluray. I guess I wouldn't say gamble all in with your $55 until we know for sure (and I admit I'm not familiar with this publisher) but I still think it has a good chance of being region free.

edit: was racking my brain to recall any other publishers that lock their discs and Art Service came to mind with Memories and Green Days. This is not limited to anime/animated movies though many of their older discs were locked as well.
Were the recent Patlabor Blu Collection releases Region Free? They looked gorgeous.

by the way @Last Lizard does it say whether is a digipack or scanovo case for the deluxe and the normal edition? (i must learn to recognise the korean words for digipack and scanovo. )

also, what's that blue triangular thing with the white rectangle supposed to be?

Were the recent Patlabor Blu Collection releases Region Free? They looked gorgeous.

Yes these were region free. The Blu Collection never lock their releases. The more typical way I feel in Korea that Japan specifically deals with these anime releases is to encourage them not to lock their discs but instead will make a deal to ensure they don't include english subtitles on the discs. Recent examples of this would be A Silent Voice and The Boy and the Beast - The Blu Collection and Plain Archive never lock their discs but neither of these include english subs.This also extends to live action movies as well of course.. I don't know why Japan is so sticky about it. I guess they just want to try and shift even more expensive Japanese versions. :thumbs:

by the way @Last Lizard does it say whether is a digipack or scanovo case for the deluxe and the normal edition? (i must learn to recognise the korean words for digipack and scanovo. )

also, what's that blue triangular thing with the white rectangle supposed to be?

The normal edition is a fullslip+scanovo. The deluxe is lenticular hardbox+scanovo as well. It does mention a digipack below but I believe this is for the OST. The blue thing is a photo frame! I missed that before lol.

Last edited:
thank you @Last Lizard . very disappointing that even the deluxe edition is not digipack. all other countries deluxe editions are digipacks. i was expecting the korean version to upstage the rest of the world.

thank you @Last Lizard . very disappointing that even the deluxe edition is not digipack. all other countries deluxe editions are digipacks. i was expecting the korean version to upstage the rest of the world.
Australian Madman Limited release is digipack. Very nice release with holofoil slip, but marred by the rating label. Hence why I will be replacing mine with the Korea deluxe.
YourNameBeautyShot.jpg