4K UHD Zombi (Dawn Of The Dead) Restored Edition (4K UltraHD + 5 Blu-Ray) (Italy)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 24th , 2016
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €44.90
Notes: 6 Discs 1 x 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc and 5 Blu-ray Discs + Booklet

81-bG7et94L._SL1500_.jpg
91kT96LUlML._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I should have delivery on Wed/Thur
I had both the Standard and 4K Editions on Pre Order
I cancelled the standard edition and went with the 4K UHD Edition but not for the 4K UHD Disc

I don't have a 4K TV yet and won't till at least 3- 4 years time as I don't see the need to upgrade yet unless film studios start force you to upgrade by only releasing films on 4K UHD Blu-ray and remove the standard Blu-ray from the releases

I got this not because it has the 4K disc but includes the European Film Cut:Full-screen version Disc as that was not included in the standard edition

Whenever I do upgrade to 4K TV and 4K UHD player then I use the 4K Disc :rofl:

my 4 disc edition just arrived (thank you Amazon logistics)

The Argento cut disc has a commentary in Italian (no subtitles)

The Extras disc- no English Subs, Savini & Winding Refn speak English. Argento doesn't.
The press conference is in Italian with a voice over Translating NWR's answers .
The festival introduction is mainly in English with an interpreter on stage (and removable Italian subs)

The postcards appear to be winners of a fan art competition (all the entries are in a gallery on the disc)

Apart from the trailers the extras are pretty much all about this release and the restoration. So you'll need to hang onto your other editions.

Last edited:
I've been reading the reviews of the bad quality transfer for a couple of the discs in the set. Has anyone here watched their discs? Is it worth buying the set?