Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Despicable Me 2 for Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray release on December 10. Digital HD will be available on November 26th for those that prefer a digital version. The Blu-ray release will arrive in two combo packs, one including a 3D version of the film while the other is just a 2D Blu-ray. Both combo packs will include the three (3) all new mini movies; Puppy; Panic in the Mailroom; and Training Wheels. Check below for a list of technical specifications and supplements.
Technical & Video Specs
Blu-ray BD50 @ 1080p/MPEG4-AVC 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround
English DVS Dolby Digital 2.0
French DTS 5.1 Surround
Spanish DTS 5.1 Surround
- Feature Commentary With Directors Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin
- Three All-New Mini-Movies Starring the Minions—Introduced by Gru (BD Exclusive)
- Panic in the Mailroom
- Training Wheels
- The Making of the Mini-Movies—A fun-filled take on the making of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them. (BD Exclusive)
- Deleted Scene (BD Exclusive)
- The Minions—A visit to Illumination Entertainment in Paris and Los Angeles to hear what it’s really like to work with the Minions. (BD Exclusive)
- Evil Minions—Bigger, badder and more purple than ever, the newest and fiercest addition to the Minion species can chew through metal and swallow a car. Find out more about the process that led to their creation and design. (BD Exclusive)
- A Gru-Some Transformation—A sit-down with Steve Carell as he discusses the transformation of Gru from the ultimate super-villain to super-dad and international spy. (BD Exclusive)
- El Hombre Malo: The Villainy Of El Macho—Every great story needs a good villain, and Despicable Me 2 brings on the diabolico in the form of El Macho! Learn about the creation of this character and the actor who brought him to life—Benjamin Bratt. (BD Exclusive)
- Gru’s Girls—Miranda Cosgrove, Elsie Kate Fisher and Dana Gaier weigh in on working with Steve Carell and playing the daughters of a world-famous super-villain!
- Gadgets Galore—Lipstick tasers, magnet ships, foam dart dispensers and jelly guns—these are the nifty gadgets of Despicable Me 2. Illumination Entertainment pulls back the curtain on what it takes to build a world that would leave even James Bond envious.