Exclusive HDN article - read more here

REGION FREE!

#016 in the Mondo x Steelbook line is LABYRINTH! With Art by Todd Slater

lab_spread.png

lab_slip.png

lab_front.png

lab_back.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great title! But pass for me as I've never been able to Watch this movie as a kid... dunno why... is it Bowie... maybe...?

Recently rediscovered this when i fished my DVD out and loved it (purchased it back when it originally came out).

Never really watched it propely as a kid but happy that Mondo have released it since it will be the first time i'll be watching it on Blu-ray

I didn't realise.
Maybe because I just drop in on this topic.

Seems a bit daft to have them separate. No offence to the site.

None taken. But its already proven quite useful to to have had them separated. Just from a numbers stand point 16 titles have been announced yet there is 110 threads discussing the titles and more. So it would be quite hectic should all those threads be in the main forum.

And a slew of other reasons.

loved this movie as a kid, but a bit weird! And that artwork sends shivers down my spine LOL...wasy pass for £19.99! I'll stick with my Resevoir Dogs Mondo pre-order :thumbs:

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a Labyrinth steelbook................so I'm more than a little disappointed that this is the version that we are getting. I know art is subjective and everyone has different tastes, but to me, this not a good looking Steelbook. No offense to the artist meant, but this is not a good choice in my opinion. Sadly, I will have to pass and hope for another release from someone else.
Thus far, my opinion of Mondo artwork is not high.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Stuc
I think that if they release a Mondo or Pop-art steel they should also release a "standard" art steelbook at the same time for people that don't like these these types of design.

Personally I can't stand them, it feels like a waste of a release each time I see one.

Ah dang it, loooove the movie and waited for a Steel forever but hate the artwork and colouring and can't get myself to order this :(

Instantly ordered the second I got the email from Zavvi. If these things weren't numbered I probably wouldn't be as eager to order some of them... Mondo sure are on a good thing.

love the movie, have wanted a steel of it for a while, but dissapointed with the art. It just doesn't connect with the feel of the movie.I'd just rather have had artwork that quintessentially summed up the movie and the eighties nostalgia, big trouble and little China and they live are perfect examples of how to please your market.

This art would have been far nicer for a steelbook, sums up the film, 'feels' like the film, total connect with the audience. Imagine this on a cream steelbook, gloss and with the title debossed. Would be a must have. As it is this is a 'maybe'.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 141
Instantly ordered the second I got the email from Zavvi. If these things weren't numbered I probably wouldn't be as eager to order some of them... Mondo sure are on a good thing.

You see this is where I differ. I couldn't really give two hoots whether a release is numbered or only has a limited production run, I'm far more interested in quality - especially how it actually looks. Which is why I won't touch this with a barge pole.

Give me a great looking steelbook with 10,000 made over a piece of crap with 100 numbered units made any day.

• Helpful Post
Just came across this on another site and ordered straightaway- would be churlish not too . . . LOL
Certainly not as appealing to me as "Dogs" and I'm hoping it will not be as dark as "Agent Carter" for example.

Don't need to know the reason for the random numbering of these two ("013" and "016") but would obviously have preferred the numbering "001" and "002".

Was secretly hoping for "Pan's Labyrinth" as I DO LIKE the Mondo artwork for that one even though I already have a Zavvi for that title - I suppose it's a better idea to have titles new to steelbook though.

RE: INSIDE ARTWORK - What's with the blatant rip of Max Escher's "Relativity" (or "Crazy Stairs" as I've heard it called) ?
M.C. ESCHER = one of my favourite artists as you can see from my avatar.
20151202_064436.jpg