#020 The Incredibles (Mondo x SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
incredibles-whalen-zavvi-728.png

Release date: January 22 , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Saturday December 9, 2017 6 PM GMT)
Price: £24.99
Note: World Exclusive art. Illustrated by Tom Whalen

Announced at Mondo Talk at MondoCon 2017. The first two Mondo x SteelBook Disney SteelBooks will feature artwork by Tom Whalen and Olly Moss.

incred1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What doesn't help this and other Mondo Steels sell well is placing them on a separate page.

Blu Ray Steelbooks are Blu Ray Steelbooks. Creating a special page for Mondo Steels is madness, as no one, apart from the adventurous few, venture beyond the Steelbook page.

Why not one for Disney, for Paramount, or Sony, or Marvell, its a crazy idea.

What doesn't help this and other Mondo Steels sell well is placing them on a separate page.

Blu Ray Steelbooks are Blu Ray Steelbooks. Creating a special page for Mondo Steels is madness, as no one, apart from the adventurous few, venture beyond the Steelbook page.

I’ve always thought this

If the forum wants mondo to have their own section then surely it should be a sticky at the top of the steelbook section

See my ordered post above for the german site.

Sorry but what is the code for the German site. I've look through this entire thread and can't find a code. Thx

The trick is to leave a few orders in your basket and then use the old faithful BIGSPENDERZ!

How much do you have to have in there to use this? I added over $200 to my cart (just to see if it was enough) and it still didn't work for me on either UK or DE site.

Sorry but what is the code for the German site. I've look through this entire thread and can't find a code. Thx

How much do you have to have in there to use this? I added over $200 to my cart (just to see if it was enough) and it still didn't work for me on either UK or DE site.
£100 on the UK site.

£100 on the UK site.
BIGSPENDERZ only works on in stock items not pre orders
It will work on Monday 11th Dec pre orders that are in stock on Zavvi system as in pre orders already dispatched

It's not much use to someone who wants to order just 1 item :rofl:

Resellers spend £100 in one order not the average steelbook customers :p

BIGSPENDERZ only works on in stock items not pre orders
It will work on Monday 11th Dec pre orders that are in stock on Zavvi system as in pre orders already dispatched

It's not much use to someone who wants to order just 1 item :rofl:

Resellers spend £100 in one order not the average steelbook customers :p
...but I'm not the average.

Expensive? For sure!. . . but a bona fide collectable steelbook with artwork by one of the most recognised illustrators in the business.

Rarely do I pay full price nowadays for steelbooks but in this case - and for certain select others - I'm prepared to make an exception.

Glad it was Tom Whalen's THE INCREDIBLES that was chosen . . . now would like the other to be either by Tom Whalen again - WALL.E - because it's one of the best films of modern times and because not a fan of the existing WALL.E steelbook front . . . or a favourite classic from my youth - THE JUNGLE BOOK - this time with artwork by Olly Moss:-
upload_2017-12-9_23-32-22.png
upload_2017-12-9_23-58-27.png
--------
upload_2017-12-10_0-10-27.png
upload_2017-12-10_0-5-46.png

Tom Whalen's MONDO Disney posters can be seen here:-
DQnkcaOV4AAY70P.jpg:large

Last edited:

I’ve always thought this

If the forum wants mondo to have their own section then surely it should be a sticky at the top of the steelbook section

to the contrary it has helped us out tremendously. What do you guys bookmark just the steel forum? lol ... go here first https://www.hidefninja.com/community/ then browse.

Had the original vision been in tact then there wouldnt have been releases so far and few between and thus the habits of hanging out in both would have likely worked out better. Prior to these 2 releases the entire Mondo X forum almost became a sub of the SB forum board. If enough dead time goes by without releases that is the next step.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
to the contrary it has helped us out tremendously. What do you guys bookmark just the steel forum? lol ... go here first https://www.hidefninja.com/community/ then browse.

Had the original vision been in tact then there wouldnt have been releases so far and few between and thus the habits of hanging out in both would have likely worked out better. Prior to these 2 releases the entire Mondo X forum almost became a sub of the SB forum board. If enough dead time goes by without releases that is the next step.

You know me (virtually) well enough now to know I’m pretty savvy with the whole forum and how to navigate through it and my 2 cents weren’t aimed starlings “they would sell better” comment but more to why they have their own section. I mentioned it when the mondo section first went up too. I still check there frequently like any other section but the answer to you question is yes, I do pretty much start on the steel section. That’s my save page/ bookmark on my phone lol
It’s the place I check most

But I’m regular as you also know in vinyl, collectibles, limited editions, slips, movies/ trailers/ chat, normal member section- general chat, tv shows, group buys, etc etc

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17 and Wreck
I remember reading about an incredibly successful entrepreneur.

When designing landscapes he would at first never put in pathways, merely grass. When he saw where the footprints flattened the grass, that is where he then put the paths.

If the Steelbook Forum is the most popular place for Steelbook collectors, there is your answer.

Definitely pre-ordered this when it went live. The fact it comes with a protective sleeve is great. Why doesn't this happen more often? If all steelbooks came in a protective sleeve and then shrink wrapped over it, it would cause many less damages!