2012 Black Friday (USA) Chat and Sales Thread (November 23,2012)

Where are you shopping this year?

• Online only

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Brick and Mortar only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Combo of both

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Not at all-saving my dough!

• We'll see, still checking out deals to decide

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Online only

• Brick and Mortar only

• Combo of both

• Online only

• Brick and Mortar only

• Combo of both

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN Black Friday.jpg

It's that time of year again to start chatting about sales, policies and deals for the upcoming Black Friday/Holiday Deals shopping season. Feel free to chime in with deals you're looking for and info for the community. Remember popular retailers from around the world typically post deals as well. This particular thread is for all sales pertaining to US retailers, but other threads will be posted for other regions-feel feel to contribute to those.

Have fun!

BEST BUY

Price match info

Target and other brick-and-mortar retailers are treating this holiday season as an offensive against online rivals such as Amazon.com, using tactics such as price-matching to win back dominance of the Christmas shopping season.

Tired of being used as showrooms by customers testing products in person before buying them cheaper online, Target and Best Buy have both pledged to offer the same prices in stores as major Internet shops.

This week, Target said its debut price-matching program would run between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16, with prices on in-store items meeting the same prices offered online at Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Toys R Us.

Target also said that it will extend the same policy for products in its stores available for less on Target.com or in printed advertisements from local competitors. That program runs from Nov. 1 through Dec. 24.

Last week, Best Buy said it would match prices for appliances and electronics from Nov. 4 through 17 and again from Nov. 27 through Dec. 24. The big-box chain said it will also offer free shipping for products out of stock in stores.

Several new holiday initiatives have launched in recent weeks designed to lure consumers used to the convenience of online shopping back into brick-and-mortar shops.

In stores, Target is slapping QR codes on popular toys so that harried parents trailed by kids can surreptitiously buy gifts with their smartphones. Wal-Mart is testing a same-day delivery service for goods purchased online, a tactic also employed by Nordstrom.

Shoppers are taking a breather at the moment, pausing between back-to-school shopping and what’s expected to be a strong holiday season, causing major chains to report a mild 0.8% retail sales increase last month. But brands such as toy maker Mattel Inc. said they’re seeing hearty interest ahead of the anticipated shopping surge later this fall.

To prepare, retailers are pumping up their seasonal workforce, hiring tens of thousands of temporary employees for their storefronts and distribution centers. Amazon said this week that it would pick up more than 50,000 extra workers for the holiday season.

Best Buy Ad Preview (please note ads are subject to change)

https://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?ref=167&loc=BFPBanner#!/door+busters

DELL

http://bfads.net/Ad/Dell-Black-Friday

KMART

http://bfads.net/Ad/Kmart-Thanksgiving

OFFICE MAX

http://bfads.net/Ad/Office-Max-2012

STAPLES

http://bfads.net/Ad/Staples-2012

TARGET

http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012

Price match info

Target and other brick-and-mortar retailers are treating this holiday season as an offensive against online rivals such as Amazon.com, using tactics such as price-matching to win back dominance of the Christmas shopping season.

Tired of being used as showrooms by customers testing products in person before buying them cheaper online, Target and Best Buy have both pledged to offer the same prices in stores as major Internet shops.

This week, Target said its debut price-matching program would run between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16, with prices on in-store items meeting the same prices offered online at Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Toys R Us.

Target also said that it will extend the same policy for products in its stores available for less on Target.com or in printed advertisements from local competitors. That program runs from Nov. 1 through Dec. 24.

Last week, Best Buy said it would match prices for appliances and electronics from Nov. 4 through 17 and again from Nov. 27 through Dec. 24. The big-box chain said it will also offer free shipping for products out of stock in stores.

Several new holiday initiatives have launched in recent weeks designed to lure consumers used to the convenience of online shopping back into brick-and-mortar shops.

In stores, Target is slapping QR codes on popular toys so that harried parents trailed by kids can surreptitiously buy gifts with their smartphones. Wal-Mart is testing a same-day delivery service for goods purchased online, a tactic also employed by Nordstrom.

Shoppers are taking a breather at the moment, pausing between back-to-school shopping and what’s expected to be a strong holiday season, causing major chains to report a mild 0.8% retail sales increase last month. But brands such as toy maker Mattel Inc. said they’re seeing hearty interest ahead of the anticipated shopping surge later this fall.

To prepare, retailers are pumping up their seasonal workforce, hiring tens of thousands of temporary employees for their storefronts and distribution centers. Amazon said this week that it would pick up more than 50,000 extra workers for the holiday season.

TOYS R US

Big Toy Book Scan

WALMART

http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012

Happy Shopping and Deal Hunting from everyone at hidefninja.com!​

HDN Black Friday Hot Deals 2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI info updated in OP regarding Best Buy and Target's price match announcement vs. other retailers like Amazon.

Reactions: bd251
some great 3.99 blu-rays too. Been wanting to see that Project X and for 3.99 why the hell not I guess right?

some great 3.99 blu-rays too. Been wanting to see that Project X and for 3.99 why the hell not I guess right?

Agreed. I'm hoping Amazon price-matches some of these deals because I'll be pulling an all-nighter and ordering from them like a mad man! :p

So far, I'm hoping to get Spec Ops: The Line and Sniper Elite V2 for my PS3, a new computer tower and probably way too many Blu-rays. I'm going to try and hold myself back, though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.