2012 Black Friday (USA) Chat and Sales Thread (November 23,2012)

Where are you shopping this year?

• Online only

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Brick and Mortar only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Combo of both

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Not at all-saving my dough!

• We'll see, still checking out deals to decide

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Online only

• Brick and Mortar only

• Combo of both

• Online only

• Brick and Mortar only

• Combo of both

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN Black Friday.jpg

It's that time of year again to start chatting about sales, policies and deals for the upcoming Black Friday/Holiday Deals shopping season. Feel free to chime in with deals you're looking for and info for the community. Remember popular retailers from around the world typically post deals as well. This particular thread is for all sales pertaining to US retailers, but other threads will be posted for other regions-feel feel to contribute to those.

Have fun!

BEST BUY

Price match info

Target and other brick-and-mortar retailers are treating this holiday season as an offensive against online rivals such as Amazon.com, using tactics such as price-matching to win back dominance of the Christmas shopping season.

Tired of being used as showrooms by customers testing products in person before buying them cheaper online, Target and Best Buy have both pledged to offer the same prices in stores as major Internet shops.

This week, Target said its debut price-matching program would run between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16, with prices on in-store items meeting the same prices offered online at Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Toys R Us.

Target also said that it will extend the same policy for products in its stores available for less on Target.com or in printed advertisements from local competitors. That program runs from Nov. 1 through Dec. 24.

Last week, Best Buy said it would match prices for appliances and electronics from Nov. 4 through 17 and again from Nov. 27 through Dec. 24. The big-box chain said it will also offer free shipping for products out of stock in stores.

Several new holiday initiatives have launched in recent weeks designed to lure consumers used to the convenience of online shopping back into brick-and-mortar shops.

In stores, Target is slapping QR codes on popular toys so that harried parents trailed by kids can surreptitiously buy gifts with their smartphones. Wal-Mart is testing a same-day delivery service for goods purchased online, a tactic also employed by Nordstrom.

Shoppers are taking a breather at the moment, pausing between back-to-school shopping and what’s expected to be a strong holiday season, causing major chains to report a mild 0.8% retail sales increase last month. But brands such as toy maker Mattel Inc. said they’re seeing hearty interest ahead of the anticipated shopping surge later this fall.

To prepare, retailers are pumping up their seasonal workforce, hiring tens of thousands of temporary employees for their storefronts and distribution centers. Amazon said this week that it would pick up more than 50,000 extra workers for the holiday season.

Best Buy Ad Preview (please note ads are subject to change)

https://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?ref=167&loc=BFPBanner#!/door+busters

DELL

http://bfads.net/Ad/Dell-Black-Friday

KMART

http://bfads.net/Ad/Kmart-Thanksgiving

OFFICE MAX

http://bfads.net/Ad/Office-Max-2012

STAPLES

http://bfads.net/Ad/Staples-2012

TARGET

http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012

Price match info

Target and other brick-and-mortar retailers are treating this holiday season as an offensive against online rivals such as Amazon.com, using tactics such as price-matching to win back dominance of the Christmas shopping season.

Tired of being used as showrooms by customers testing products in person before buying them cheaper online, Target and Best Buy have both pledged to offer the same prices in stores as major Internet shops.

This week, Target said its debut price-matching program would run between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16, with prices on in-store items meeting the same prices offered online at Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Toys R Us.

Target also said that it will extend the same policy for products in its stores available for less on Target.com or in printed advertisements from local competitors. That program runs from Nov. 1 through Dec. 24.

Last week, Best Buy said it would match prices for appliances and electronics from Nov. 4 through 17 and again from Nov. 27 through Dec. 24. The big-box chain said it will also offer free shipping for products out of stock in stores.

Several new holiday initiatives have launched in recent weeks designed to lure consumers used to the convenience of online shopping back into brick-and-mortar shops.

In stores, Target is slapping QR codes on popular toys so that harried parents trailed by kids can surreptitiously buy gifts with their smartphones. Wal-Mart is testing a same-day delivery service for goods purchased online, a tactic also employed by Nordstrom.

Shoppers are taking a breather at the moment, pausing between back-to-school shopping and what’s expected to be a strong holiday season, causing major chains to report a mild 0.8% retail sales increase last month. But brands such as toy maker Mattel Inc. said they’re seeing hearty interest ahead of the anticipated shopping surge later this fall.

To prepare, retailers are pumping up their seasonal workforce, hiring tens of thousands of temporary employees for their storefronts and distribution centers. Amazon said this week that it would pick up more than 50,000 extra workers for the holiday season.

TOYS R US

Big Toy Book Scan

WALMART

http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012

Happy Shopping and Deal Hunting from everyone at hidefninja.com!​

HDN Black Friday Hot Deals 2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys-unfortunately the adverts never list all of the titles because Black Friday is by and large designed to tease and get you in store. However, on the BF website, there is a second area on the bottom of the page, where you can click a retailer and then drop down a menu from the top of the page, that says 'category'. Choose movies, and get a better idea. And if other retailers that ship internationally, match prices we'll post as we can. Thanks and enjoy the hunt! :scat:

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Easiest way to find out which Blu-ray titles are on sale is by going on to Amazon on Black Friday and seeing what's dropped in price to be price-matched. Man, even if I lived in the States, I'd still just shop on Amazon. Shopping in undies in the comfort of my own home? Check. Less chances of uncertain death? Check. No fighting the urge of punching someone in the face and getting thrown into prison? Check. Amazon's a win on all levels! :p

Reactions: Jason Bourne
LOL-yes, it's that impulse the retailers count on, for sure, when in store. All of the items don't always drop in price but from all feedback I always see, people do wait until the last minute to see what Amazon does, before heading out. Some price drops are timed with East Coast/West Coast time zones and the times the retailers open or have specific deals in store. As always, we will post Amazon's entire deal calendar and any sales in the other Amazon Deals Calendar thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this year might finally be the year that blu-ray really hits it stride with bestbuy and wal-mart having many blu-rays under $10. I will be checking their websites a day or two before when they normally have most of the titles up.

Hope there are as many great deals online this year, as there was last year. I known i spent a few hundred online easily. I don't have enough patience anymore to deal with the b.f. crowds in-store.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

YESSSS!!!!! So glad I waited.

Hoping Amazon price matches it. It's $150 on Amazon at the moment, and i was close to buying it for that price.

Hope there are as many great deals online this year, as there was last year. I known i spent a few hundred online easily. I don't have enough patience anymore to deal with the b.f. crowds in-store.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Hoping Amazon price matches it. It's $150 on Amazon at the moment, and i was close to buying it for that price.

+1 ... im hoping for some rad deals online. I hate in-store shopping on black friday and boxing day now. the line-up wait to check out is friggen' absurd and people touching people all over the place :ugh:... call me a weirdo but man i like my personal space when i shop.

Some amazing deals on video games this year. So far Wal-mart will be my target. Looking to get Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Lego Batman 2, Batman AC GOTY, Red Dead GOTY

Some amazing deals on video games this year. So far Wal-mart will be my target. Looking to get Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Lego Batman 2, Batman AC GOTY, Red Dead GOTY

yeah agreed. i just got a xbox 360 again after years of not having one.... looking forward to buying the last 3 Halo games i missed, the last gears of war and other xbox only games that i missed.

Hi Plain usually when people see Amazon dropping prices in response to US brick and mortar store pricing we will post or a member will post. Stay tuned to this thread by subscribing to it. Once Amazon posts its own deal calendar we will also feature updates on those deals in the stickied thread. All shopping done via links posted here help support the growth and added features/contests etc at Hidefninja. Thank you for sharing your excitement about BF 2012!

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff: Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

From LV-426 on iPhone

Well I was looking to get that LG BR player for 38 bucks for my sisters family for Christamas. She gets mad every time she wants to borrow one of my movies, and I tell her she can't because it's a Blu ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.