3D Plasma TV owners chat thread

I've been seriously considering getting a new TV. I said before i was going to wait for the 3D TV's that don't need the glasses, but they don't look to be coming out anytime soon. I can't fit anymore than a 50", so i'm looking at 50" plasma's, and this LG has gotten great reviews for the best 3D plasma's of 2012. Any thought or comments as to why i should or shouldn't get this one?:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074YRGIY/?tag=hidefnin-20

I'd be adding a 4 year squaretrade warranty just incase, for an additional $116.

You can find some good deal for the panasonic VT30 since the new one is released.
I suggest you to buy panasonic because this brand has less returns than LG / Samsung.

For plasma the only way to go, IMHO, is Panasonic. Samsung may change that with their upcoming F8500, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

I saw a bunch of glasses-free 3d sets at CNET last month and to be frank, each and every one of them looked atrocious. Ghosting was a big problem, but what was worse was the visible interlace lines thanks to the passive tech. You could actually see black horizontal lines of the empty pixels in the picture which made it look like you were looking at an SD image. And the viewing angles on them sucked, not to mention the overall lackluster 3d effect.

IMHO, active, glasses-based 3d will be the best it will get for at least the next 3-5 years. At least. I think the only shot we have at seeing glasses-free 3d come close is with 4k, which would at least in theory eliminate the visible empty lines of pixels in the image since the pixel count will be so much higher. Of course, 4k is years away from being affordable so I'm not going ot hold out on it and miss out on in-home 3d just because it requires glasses. :)

I've been seriously considering getting a new TV. I said before i was going to wait for the 3D TV's that don't need the glasses, but they don't look to be coming out anytime soon. I can't fit anymore than a 50", so i'm looking at 50" plasma's, and this LG has gotten great reviews for the best 3D plasma's of 2012. Any thought or comments as to why i should or shouldn't get this one?:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074YRGIY/?tag=hidefnin-20

I'd be adding a 4 year squaretrade warranty just incase, for an additional $116.

I decided to get this plasma at the weekend. This will be for my tv and 3D viewing and the projector will be for my general movie watching. I hear nothing but praise for this set.

image_zpsd49b4866.jpg

Last edited:
Put down a deposit,at my local Panasonic store for a Panasonic TX-P50GT60.going to pay the rest at the end of November.cant wait to get this.think my gf is sick of me talking about it,already.sure she will fully appreciate it though,once she's watched a few films on it.she loves her movies too:D

Last edited:
For plasma the only way to go, IMHO, is Panasonic. Samsung may change that with their upcoming F8500, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

I saw a bunch of glasses-free 3d sets at CNET last month and to be frank, each and every one of them looked atrocious. Ghosting was a big problem, but what was worse was the visible interlace lines thanks to the passive tech. You could actually see black horizontal lines of the empty pixels in the picture which made it look like you were looking at an SD image. And the viewing angles on them sucked, not to mention the overall lackluster 3d effect.

IMHO, active, glasses-based 3d will be the best it will get for at least the next 3-5 years. At least. I think the only shot we have at seeing glasses-free 3d come close is with 4k, which would at least in theory eliminate the visible empty lines of pixels in the image since the pixel count will be so much higher. Of course, 4k is years away from being affordable so I'm not going ot hold out on it and miss out on in-home 3d just because it requires glasses. :)

Prolly not as far away as you think expect to see 3000$ 4k tvs next year and we alreay have 4k tvs in the 1000$ range. 4k plasma is my concern and IF it will happen at all Panasonic is hurting finacially atm if they wind up falling out of the game. there will almost no competition to Samsung. And alot of people are predicting plasma will disappear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Picked up my Panasonic Gt60 today.the picture quality is simply AMAZING......well happy with it.me and my gf,are going to chill and watch 3D life of pie,later:LOL:

Last edited: