3D 3D Poll: Are you seeing the world in 3D?

Do you have to or have you purchased 3D equipment?

• Yes, I own a 3D HDTV and player, plus a few movies!

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • No, I have not yet purchased 3D equipment, but it's likely that I will.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • No, I have not purchased 3D equipment, and I will not because it's a "fad".

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • I am not sure if I will or not-depends on price.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I am not sure if I will or not-depends on the # of movies released.

• Nope, 3D is for theaters only-you can't replicate the experience at home.

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 25 39.1%

Votes: 28 43.8%

• Total voters
I just read what you had to say about the Samsung 3d. All the films I play look too clear, like reality. So Ive turned all my bells and whistles off. Will test it later, thanks for the info.

I absolutely love my 3D setup and have over 40 3D movies.

Its a pity in a lot of cases they release a steelbook of a movie but not a #D version. Tron and Resident Evil being the only exceptions I can think of.

My favourites to date are
- Resident evil
- AFL Drawn Grand Final
- Shreck 1.2.3.4
- Monsters V Aliens
- The Grand Canyon IMAX

been a 3D fan since 2010. finally managed to get my 3D TV in October 2011 (42" LG 55 series - passive)

love the 3D experience if it's done right and cannot stand moaners who have nothing good to say about the 3D technology

surely if Bluray is to represent the director's vision in it's best quality, 3D blu ray showcases the director's vision when they shoot it in 3D?! why would i watch it in 2D if it was meant to be seen in 3D

I wish studios would have standardized the cases and released them clear white like Sony. I want to check out the grand canyon BD

I like the Sony clear 3D cases with the Blue Blu-ray logo in the center at the top. Been trying to purchase some, but don't think that they are available to the public.

I have bought into 3D. Its a mixed bag as far as 3D movies go. Some are jaw droppingly good, others, not so good. I read as many reviews as I can before buying a Blu-ray 3D movie now.

It seems that Hugo is a cracking 3D movie. It has great reviews.

My setup is:-

Samsung 64" D8000 3D Plasma TV
Sony BDP-S480 3D Blu-ray Player
Yamaha RX-V667 3D Receiver
Paradigm Speakers & Velodyne 8" subwoofer in a 7.1 surround setup
PS3 60GB
and 13 Blu-ray 3D movies

Last edited:
I went with "No, I have not yet purchased 3D equipment, but it's likely that I will." as 3D TVs are just too expensive at the moment and most aren't very good :(.

I will when its glasses free, until then I will just do with the cinema for my 3D viewing

+1... exactly my thoughts on the matter. Ill leave the 3D to the theatre until home viewing 3D is without glasses.

Although after watching a couple 3D movies in theatre recently I did confirm my suspicions I had earlier and that is 3D in the theatre is stressful on the eyes. My eyes are just "tired" after watching a 3D movie. Anyone else feel the same ?

I actually hate 3D in the cinema. I've seen Avatar and Resident Evil: Afterlife in 3D at the cinema (the latter being on an IMAX screen, not that it made any difference) and I thought that the image looked terrible.

On the other hand, my 3DTV and every showing in 3D has been great. The image has been sharp and the 3D just looked better.

I have noticed a considerable difference between watching 3d in a theater and at home. I enjoy watching 3d at home. I can respect those who do not like the glasses and want to wait it out for the glasses-free screens.

As of late I am wanting to see all the Blu ray 3Ds just to see the quality of 3d that is put out there on the format.

With the 3d movies I have seen in theaters this year I am really hoping for some high quality 3d blus to be released this year

I hate Dish Network so much. I went to their website to check to see if they had a package that included ESPN3D. They had a topic on the matter, whether they carried ESPN3D or not,
DISH will provide sports content on 3D. We are working with multiple content partners to offer 3D content that meets customer demand.

That means no, they do not offer ESPN3D.

I love my 3D set. People that think it's a fad haven't played video games in 3D. The immersion that comes with at home 3D is great, imo. I've also started watching movies I'd never watch otherwise because they're in 3D. Like, I hate Top Gun, but I'm probably going to buy it when the 3D Blu-ray is released, also The Lorax, Brave, Finding Nemo, Despicable Me, etc.

Not everyone is going to get into 3D tech, but as a niche or more, it's here to stay.

In some movies 3D has no business doing anything and should just **** off, but there is movies where I do prefer the format.
In my opinion, if you do it right, not too gimmicky, and let it feel natural, you can really get some amazing results!

So I love 3D as much as I hate it lol