4K UHD Blu-ray Slipcover Discussion Thread

Which studio has been releasing your favorite 4K slipcovers?

• Lionsgate

• Paramount

• Shout! Factory

• Sony Pictures

• Universal Studios

• Warner Bros.

• Other (if a new studio has produced a 4K slip, please mention it below)

• Disney

Results are only viewable after voting.

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
4K UHD Blu-ray is becoming a larger thing now and along with it comes many new, cool-looking slipcovers. Use this thread to discuss the slipcovers on the 4K Blu-ray releases, no matter which country.

This is to only talk about the slipcovers on the 4K releases. If you'd like to actually discuss the releases themselves, please head to the Blu-ray & 4K UHD Disc section instead. :thumbs:

------------------------------------------------------

No haul photo, but I just have to say, I absolutely love the 4K slipcovers that Universal is putting out in North America. The rounded corners and glossy photo-finish covers are extremely unique and clean-looking. I'll definitely be adding some to my shelf in the future! :drool:

View attachment 260000
4k-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AtticusFinch
Thanks @Netclone :thumbs:

Saw this at the IMAX last night and it's even better than than the first film. Just brilliant...:notworthy::notworthy: :woot:

Really hope we get a DV 4K release for this... Disney really needs to stop sitting back and start releasing 4K UHD discs. :squint:

• Thanks
Reactions: Netclone and tridon
@earthscope @tridon James Gunn confirms that the film was finished to a 4K Digital Intermediate and that a Dolby Vision HDR pass has been completed as well. Future Disney 4K UHD release. Watch video.. :thumbs:

I'm going to continue to go 3D over 4K for the next little while... unless they release a combo pack with all discs (I wish more studios would do this... I've only seen 4K/3D combos with Angry Birds, Star Trek Beyond, Billy Lynn, and Passengers). Still great news, though! I imagine all the Marvels, Star Wars, and Pixars will receive 4K treatment quite quickly once Disney goes over to it.

@earthscope @tridon James Gunn confirms that the film was finished to a 4K Digital Intermediate and that a Dolby Vision HDR pass has been completed as well. Future Disney 4K UHD release. Watch video.. :thumbs:

Like many other movies that come out nowadays, it's gonna be a hybrid huh? That's good I guess. Definitely better than the alternative.
I remember this was actually filmed in 8K.

Thanks @Netclone Good to see more DV disc's coming this year. Although I don't think I can bring myself to watch let alone buy POWER RANGERS...:LOL:

Sony have announced Resident Evil "Vendetta" with Dolby Vision for release July 18th...:woot:

*The 4K Blu-ray disc will feature both Dolby Vision high-dynamic range (HDR) and Dolby Atmos immersive audio, MAKING IT THE FIRST TITLE from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment to feature both technologies.

Based on "Resident Evil," one of the bestselling video game franchises of all time, the film will also be released in select movie theaters nationwide June 19 for a special one-night event from Fathom Events, Park Circus and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions.

image.jpeg

Last edited: