Attachments

• 580325_10152874636460640_1319167698_n (1).jpg
    580325_10152874636460640_1319167698_n (1).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 945580_10152874636670640_1316529286_n.jpg
    945580_10152874636670640_1316529286_n.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
Fingers crossed HMV do get back in the game. Also hope this Blu-ray gets remastered, the US disc looks awful for a brand new film, lots and lots of grain, one of the worst I have seen

You've already seen the US disc?

Does HMV ship overseas anymore? Otherwise I hope for a GB or a good ninja friend!

I don't think I'd buy this on steel..I expected HMV to come back with something much bigger if they were planning a return to exclusive steelbooks. At least they're back, but they definitely have some catching up to do!

After sneaking out the Resident Evil: Retribution SteelBook, I feared that this would happen. I had hoped that they wouldn't be getting exclusives until the website was back up and running, but it seems that that may not be back for a while (or it could be back tomorrow - who knows?)

You can perhaps forgive the release of Resident Evil: Retribution, as they likely had no other choice - It would probably have cost more to replace the HMV branding than it would to release it as it was, even though they were still in administration. However, now they are officially clear of administration, I was worried that they may be securing other exclusives for sale in-store without announcing such things online.

I would like to think that HMV would have the sense to either announce such things using Facebook / Twitter, or on their website's main news page, to inform their loyal customer base.

HMV will be returning online as a shop... i recieved an email from them about new releases saying this.

" Hello and thank you for bearing with us while we work on our new website. Although you can't buy online yet we wanted to let you know about some of the great offers we have in hmv stores this bank holiday weekend. Here's a sneak peek at a few but there's lots more instore. Looking forward to seeing you in a hmv store soon."

Will be going into store to pick up a copy though :)

I received a similar newsletter from them on Tuesday saying

"We are developing our website and at the moment you can't shop online but please bear with us while we work on this. In the meantime, visit hmv.com to see what's coming soon."

So it's good to know they plan to make an online comeback and that they are back in the Steelbook game.
It's doubtful that this will happen within 2 weeks for the Die Hard release but I'm looking forward to their next Steelbook which will hopefully be available to buy through their online store.

Do you pay up front or a deposit when ordering instore? Loathe to give HMV any money first after all the trouble.

Do you pay up front or a deposit when ordering instore? Loathe to give HMV any money first after all the trouble.

From what i remember a deposit, but ive never bought a steelbook instore as there prices are too expensive

Reactions: GoDo