Alien 1-6 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Ashish

Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Release date: September 18th, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £49.99
Notes: Standard size steelbook (not a Jumbo Steelbook)

alienzavvi1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, mine arrived too.
Nice companion to the Anthology steelbook release :) . . . six films - including one new release - in a regular sized steelbook for 50 quid is just about OK in my book . . . although doesn't seem great VFM when considering price almost same as the gorgeous deluxe EBlu "Mummy" boxset.

Prefer the "Prometheus" blue colour of the steelbook collection to the green of the Amaray collection and I don't mind the stacked alien evolution artwork . . . despite the homage (lol) to *Scooby Doo and The Three Stooges among others:-

Matte it may be when gloss would seem to be the logical choice but in all honesty this is probably the best finish to appreciate the very fine detail in the artwork. Full gloss would undoubtedly have made it a punchier steelbook . . . but at the expense of the fine detail which only this finish can provide - in other words, a finish stripped back to the bone . . . a finish designed ro show every wrinkle, every fold in the skin . . . a finish absolutely not designed to smother the finest details in the work which a full gloss would have done.
H.R. Giger would have approved, I feel.
DL7xidqVAAE4h4P.jpg:large

The discs:-
DL7xidqVAAAYYG5.jpg:large

DJ21saJXUAAvHob.jpg
upload_2017-9-16_15-34-58.png
upload_2017-9-16_15-37-40.png

Last edited:
3 films (discs) on each side (of the case) and not 3 films on each disc.

Yeah, but the entire "Unboxing" was a bit weird with him acting as if he didn't even know what he was unboxing and then he clearly had already unwrapped and opened it previously and put it back in the white zavvi box.....maybe he enjoys adding extra tension to his videos :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad