Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a little reorder on steelbook shelfs today and when I had Kingsmen in hand I check the steelbook and yes, there are some light scratches as well, but luckily they are not so visible on that pure white color so Im ok with that. From three manta premiums I have, all three original steelbooks scratched (n)

Mine have generally been okay quality wise from Manta
Opened my Kingsman pet slip lenti and there was a tiny paint chip on the front of the steel but barely noticeable against the white paint.

I took the Manta Exclusive black and gold sticker off the front of the plastic and every bit of sticky residue came off so now have had to place it inside of the steel instead of the slip. Which is a shame. Anyone else have this issue?

Good news, just got email from John, they gonna send me replacement with my WW order, hopefuly this one will be as mint as possible.

Hope you will get sorted with same treatment @Mickle_89 @misformatt @Radagast @Flloydo @nekromantik @Steelselecta @snow flake
Yep, me too buddy. He will send a replacement with my WW-FS. I always appreciate John's emails as he takes the time to explain details and it never seems like a generic copy/paste reply, but I got the impression with this email that they are struggling a bit when it comes to QC issues. With some of his explanation I even felt slightly guilty which I shouldn't do as it's warranted given the condition of this Steelbook.

I understand and can sympathise to a certain extent with them as it must be difficult to satisfy everyone's standards. But for some customers to receive so-called "premium" SteelBooks in such bad shape is simply not good enough and they must expect some form of back lash as a result of this.

Anyhow, like you, I hope to receive a mint copy as this steel is a beauty if you can see past the defects :drool::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I did a little reorder on steelbook shelfs today and when I had Kingsmen in hand I check the steelbook and yes, there are some light scratches as well, but luckily they are not so visible on that pure white color so Im ok with that. From three manta premiums I have, all three original steelbooks scratched (n)

I think my packages from Manta have been the most well packed I've ever seen. All my Steels from them have been minty (so far). My last (Alien Covenant) came wrapped in about 12 ft of bubble inside a box, enough to stop it from moving at all. So sorry to hear you've had grief.

From the GB...I see others have the same plastic "issue" something in the right corner? Like @hatredhorror some pages back. Is this "ok" would you say?

And...havent opened it up yet, keeping my fingers crossed!

Got my order delivered today, opened my Lenti A and happy to say no scratched or misaligned debossing BUT there is the tiniest paint chip in the bottom right hand corner on the back side of the steel.. reckon its worth asking for a replacement?

Got lenti B which I wasn't planning on opening but am tempted now as I wanna know if thats damaged, that said I don't need two open copies and ignorance is bliss... or is it lol

Got my order delivered today, opened my Lenti A and happy to say no scratched or misaligned debossing BUT there is the tiniest paint chip in the bottom right hand corner on the back side of the steel.. reckon its worth asking for a replacement?

Got lenti B which I wasn't planning on opening but am tempted now as I wanna know if thats damaged, that said I don't need two open copies and ignorance is bliss... or is it lol
These days, I usually touch up small chips with a marker and save the replacement requests for scratches and dents. With the current state of Scanavo’s QC, I think I’d be requesting a replacement for every other release if my threshold were any higher. :LOL:

These days, I usually touch up small chips with a marker and save the replacement requests for scratches and dents. With the current state of Scanavo’s QC, I think I’d be requesting a replacement for every other release if my threshold were any higher. :LOL:

Yeah. Thats what I do generally. Just glad I didn't get a really badly scratched one.

Its a gorgeous steelbook, atleast the front anyway, one of my favourites of the year

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
Got my Slip A and yup, scratches on front and back of the steelbook like everyone else. So if this was bought through the group buy, who do I contact? Mantalabs directly or the GB? First time this has happened to me; that said, it's like only the second time I've done the group buy

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Radagast
Opened my Lenti A today. It's a gorgeous steelbook, and the slip is minty mint. But there's a big ol scratch running the length of the back of the steel :( I'm sending pics to John. Poor guy. Another replacement to add to the list.

I will say though that this is the first time I've had to get a replacement steelbook from Manta. And I've got every exclusive they have. So that's not too bad I guess.

• Helpful Post
If someone is looking for a lenti b feel free to contact me, I'm looking to sell it for cost price

hello guys,
got my one click yesterday and opened my lenti A.
it has a big scratch on the front and a another on the back.
who is john ?
need to sent him also a mail.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post