Alien DVD Steelbooks

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All-so I am a huge Alien fan. Someone told me there were DVD Steelbooks released. Were they in the UK, or some other area? I've not really investigated this thoroughly, but I thought I'd post here, in case anyone has them? Were all movies released?

Thx!

Hi, I just joined this forum and am looking to get the Alien and Predator movies on steelbook, among other steelbooks. I already got the Aliens and Pred 2 from cdwow but they don't have any other ones. Also does ebay UK ship to the US, or do I have to check the auction to see?

Any other places to get these steelbooks from?

check out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000M341ZA/

and search around on that site, they ship to USA ... and there are dvd steels there. Additionally, if the seller on ebay uk ships to USA then you're good there. Or stick around, and maybe you could order stuff to a UK member's house and they just re-route it (mail it) to you ... if they dont ship to USA that is.

Also check out amazon germany, or our digibook forum, some really nice predator editions there.

I messaged a bunch of people on Amazon about shipping internationally and so far no one has responded. I'm having no luck getting 1 3 and 4 :(

My only hope is to keep trying ebay UK but the one guy who keeps posting 4 doesn't ship internationally either :( and I missed out on 3 and didn't catch it when it ended so I lost out on that one too :(

Hi new here, but not to Steelbooks and it's my first post. Just to clear things up from the UK point of view.

Alien 1-4, Predator 1-2 and Alien Vs Predator 1, were all released as DVD Definitive Edition Steelbooks in G1 size in the UK. As stocks started to run out in stores, these were replaced with slip cased G1 Amrays, with identical cover art as the Steelbooks. Then as stock of these became short, the cover art on the slip cased Amrays got a slight tweak here and there. So in some cases, there are three versions of the Definitive Editions, just depends on the popularity. So be careful!

There was no DVD or BluRay Steelbook of Alien Vs Predator 2 released in UK, but there is a Dutch DVD version in G1 size.

Then came along Predators, which was a Play.com exclusive and was a G2 triple play Steelbook in the UK.

I have all of the above Steelbooks if you want any photos.

Personally your best bet is Ebay now, but I would always contact the seller first to confirm that is a Steelbook, they ship internationally and also they provide suitable packaging. From my own experience quite a few sellers just put Steelbooks in a bubble bag and then whinge when you complain it’s arrived dented.

Hey Lester-photos would be great. I am a huge Alien fan, and have never seen them all. Even if DVD's, I'd still like to take a peek:)

AVP and Predator 2 steelbooks:

Attachments

• 100_5565.jpg
    100_5565.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_5568.jpg
    100_5568.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_5573.jpg
    100_5573.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_5549.jpg
    100_5549.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_5552.jpg
    100_5552.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_5557.jpg
    100_5557.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: digitalbabe
Predator:

Attachments

• predator_rozloz_stred.jpg
    predator_rozloz_stred.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 168
  • predator_rozloz_pred.jpg
    predator_rozloz_pred.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 168
  • predator_predni.jpg
    predator_predni.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 164
Alien & Aliens:

Attachments

• alies_rozl_stred.jpg
    alies_rozl_stred.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 167
  • aliens_rozl_pred.jpg
    aliens_rozl_pred.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 174
  • aliens_predni.jpg
    aliens_predni.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 175
  • alien_rozl_stred.jpg
    alien_rozl_stred.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 160
  • alien_rozl_pred.jpg
    alien_rozl_pred.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 174
  • alien_predni.jpg
    alien_predni.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: stinkofdefeat
Alien 3 & Alien Resurrection:

Attachments

• alien_resurrection_rozl_stred.jpg
    alien_resurrection_rozl_stred.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 151
  • alien_resurrection_rozl_pred.jpg
    alien_resurrection_rozl_pred.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 175
  • alien_resurrection_pred.jpg
    alien_resurrection_pred.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Alien3_rozl_stred.jpg
    Alien3_rozl_stred.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Alien3_rozl_pred.jpg
    Alien3_rozl_pred.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Alien3_predni.jpg
    Alien3_predni.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 156
Thanks for the explaination. I have someone from the UK helping me get Alien 1 & 3. Right now I have Aliens, Predator 2 on me and then on the way I have Alien 4, Pred 1 and the new Pred in DVD steelbook. As far as AvP goes they have steelbooks too but I really like the AvP 1&2 combo Ironpack but it sucks that it's Region 3 unlike the rest. I think I still might end up getting that instead of the separate steelbooks though

My Definitive Edition Collection ;)

Unfortunately, we lack a bit of ROCKY Definitive EDITION does not have anyone to sell? ;)

Attachments

• df.jpg
    df.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 155

Unfortunately, we lack a bit of ROCKY Definitive EDITION does not have anyone to sell? ;)

Credit to this guy for all pics I posted above. His Definitive Editions collection is really awesome and Rocky is the only one he is missing so if anyone can help out I'm sure he would appreciate it so his collection is complete....

Reactions: carllenc
Aside from the UK Definitive Edition Steels, Russia did a set of all 4 movies in Steelbook as well. You can view them here: http://connect.collectorz.com/users/kensingtonite/movies/view?searchTerm=alien

All 4 have the same artwork, but in different colors, so when you put them together, they look like a Warhol. :)

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

As far as I know, they did not make a Rocky Definitive Edition Steelbook, although Russia did do one for Titanic that I don't see in your pic. : http://connect.collectorz.com/users/kensingtonite/movies/view?searchTerm=titanic