American Psycho (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 63) [Hong Kong]

Apr 14, 2017
France
Release date: June 21, 2024
Purchase links: One Click - Pet Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on April 19, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $164.97 (One Click) - $49.99 (Pet Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

AP_overall_packshot_OC_5000x.jpg AP_overall_packshot_FS_5000x.jpg AP_overall_packshot_DLSA_5000x.jpg AP_overall_packshot_DLSB_5000x.jpg

AP_SB_front_2000x.jpg AP_SB_back_2000x.jpg

We're excited to announce our upcoming Steelbook project featuring artwork by the very talented illustrator, Karl Fitzgerald. We believe many collectors have seen his artwork online such as "Blade Runner", "Kill Bill" and others. We've always admired his work and style and we are very happy to work with him on our next project.
For our latest project, Karl has created an "American Psycho" Steelbook illustration paying homage to the original book cover. We're truly impressed by how he's captured the essence of the film in his unique way.
If you are interested in seeing more of his works, please check out the websites below:
IG - https://www.instagram.com/karlfitzgeraldart/
Website - https://www.karlfitzgeraldart.com/
Pre-order information for our Steelbook will be released soon through our retailers.
Thank you for your support,
Manta Lab

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all I was saying precious.
I wasn't telling you in particular, just my thoughts in general about the movie.
I also understand why it's probably not getting a re-release, people are too offended and scared by everything nowadays, it's like an infantilism epidemic and high-school bullying rolled into one to the extreme.

Woke Hollywood doesn't want to know this film.

That was my original point.

Anyway, American Psycho Manta release looks amazing doesn't it.
:LOL:
That wasn't a criticism on you btw, it's just the ignorance of the general public who have the inability to see the minusha of such things.

Reactions: TheWildEye
This might be the best release in a long time! Love that full slip design and the steelbook art looks amazing. I love when they use vintage style artwork/classic posters on the slips and then a contemporary design for the steelbook. This is perfect. But come on, should have thrown in a little replica Bateman business card! you know, the one thats BONE. With a font called cillian braille. Now lets see Paul Allens card..

Please don't school me on the intricacies of sexual deviance, thats a little weird.

You seem to think I have issue with the film.
I didn't say that and I don't.

Just giving my reasons why I think that the distributors, nor any other company want to touch the film at the moment. I think that's very clear given the very obvious themes involved.
I hope it does get a remaster. I really do. It probably will some time down the line.

Maybe, given that Spacey might have some financial remuneration from contract deals on the film, might also be hindering the case for a remaster.
I'm sure that no in Hollywood wants to be seen to be giving that guy money. He's toxic dont forget, wether you buy into his charges or not. The case against Mr Kev was pivotal in starting a lot of the woke movement in Hollywood.

And sorry, you can't rationalise away from the fact that the films primary plot involves a 50 year old man lusting after a 15-16 year old girl even if the themes of middle age don't aline. Secondary, the plot also involves the neighbour suspecting that Kev is having a sexual relationship with his 15-16 year old Son, again even if the themes of control and self hatred don't aline. It's still too complex for woke Hollywood now.
It's not hard to see the complications for a new release.
I’m simply calling out the common misuse of that word. The internet seems to think pedophilia is a synonym for statutory **** and it’s a bit annoying (kinda like people who write looser when they mean loser, though I guess that one is worse, given that spelling “loser” is part of elementary school vocabulary classes.

As for the movie, I hope it get a 4k release, but I think your point about Spacey’s issues are probably a hindrance, which is a shame.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Thanks for your interest but I just dont have the time required to be running Group Buys until I get some additional help after May-June. Unsure on the specifics but we will partner with the forum on when and where that happens; it should be a very similar format.
Serious question. When will you sell me your #001 One Clicks

• Haha
Reactions: Aniv
Thanks for your interest but I just dont have the time required to be running Group Buys until I get some additional help after May-June. Unsure on the specifics but we will partner with the forum on when and where that happens; it should be a very similar format.
I wasn’t gonna say anything Aniv, but I really think it’s time you quit that place and concentrate on group buys. It wont’ pay as well, but public service can be very rewarding

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Decided to go with DL-B. Love the FS artwork, but hate the PET slip. It would have been cool if the blood splatter was on the actual slip. Not a big fan of DL-A.

Not sure of the DL-B front artwork, but I do like that back.