American Psycho (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: 26th of October, 2015
Purchase link: American Psycho (Live Sat Oct 17, 18:00 UK time)
Price: £15.99
Ultra-limited print run

11037429-2084332714397968.JPG

11037429-2084332714406305.JPG 11037429-1004332714411747.JPG 11037429-2704332714417192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even as someone who's a fan of the artwork, I ain't paying £20 for it. I imagine it'll go back down to £15.99 once it goes live though... remember they usually hike up the price just before it goes live so they can say that you're saving money. ;)

View attachment 190952
This one looks much better I think. Simple, Clean, Effective.

This was my favorite of all the choices, too. In fact, I think it's utterly perfect. But I have a serious weakness for stark minimalism.

Way better. But why is everything Drawings? They shot a movie that has actual images of the actors in it...

Don't you ever get tired of packages with actors from the film all over them, @C.C. 95 ? It seems like that's what's on the vast majority of packages, and I'm getting really tired of it. It often doesn't leave much room for interesting design either, which is the very thing I'm in this game for. I mean, you love 4AD design--how often did they put photos of the band members on their covers? I know, I know, music is abstract whereas movies are concretely visual, but still. I guess I'm starting to get jaded.

This was my favorite of all the choices, too. In fact, I think it's utterly perfect. But I have a serious weakness for stark minimalism.

Don't you ever get tired of packages with actors from the film all over them, @C.C. 95 ? It seems like that's what's on the vast majority of packages, and I'm getting really tired of it. It often doesn't leave much room for interesting design either, which is the very thing I'm in this game for. I mean, you love 4AD design--how often did they put photos of the band members on their covers? I know, I know, music is abstract whereas movies are concretely visual, but still. I guess I'm starting to get jaded.
I have nothing against GOOD art! Slap a Drew Struzan or Bob Peak art on? GREAT.:thumbs:
But this childish Pop Art, Reel Heroes, Iconic Art crap is just B-A-D. It isn't poster One-sheet style art. It is McDonald's Happy Meal style cartoons.:yuck:

Reactions: lolwut
I have nothing against GOOD art! Slap a Drew Struzan or Bob Peak art on? GREAT.:thumbs:
But this childish Pop Art, Reel Heroes, Iconic Art crap is just B-A-D. It isn't poster One-sheet style art. It is McDonald's Happy Meal style cartoons.:yuck:

Oh, I agree with all that, I absolutely hate those "art" series releases where they dump dozens of unrelated movies into one bland, homogenized melting pot. The series that have a minimal style give minimalism a very bad name. And I wasn't defending Zavvi's final choice either, I'm thoroughly unimpressed by it (although I don't think it's horrible). I just noticed that you've been pushing for Bale on the covers in this thread (I think--I haven't looked back through it recently), and I was kind of surprised by that.