Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 24, 2016
Purchase link: Ant-Man
Price: £24.99
Note: Title will be on spine.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it might be the mock up but all the others have spine titles so I don't see why this shouldn't

I'm sorry but zavvi are taking the piss they expect us to buy a steelbook of a film and then like 6 months later buy a better version :(

Why did I buy the uglier original when I knew they would do this :(

I'm sorry but zavvi are taking the piss they expect us to buy a steelbook of a film and then like 6 months later buy a better version :(

Its basic business tactics. They know collectors want different releases so they take advantage of it. Best way to show it annoys us is by voteing with our wallets but that will never happen. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash
Its basic business tactics. They know collectors want different releases so they take advantage of it. Best way to show it annoys us is by voteing with our wallets but that will never happen. :)

Problem is though it could put people off buying the first release of new Marvel movies.

Yip zavvi are just being ***** why not release films we've never had on steelbook that continuing re-releasing the same ones :(

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
Problem is though it could put people off buying the first release of new Marvel movies.

It wont. We go through this same routin year after year, zavvi annoy us we moan but we still buy then rinse repeat, Nothing will change :) best way to deal with it is just be strict with yourself or do what i do, buy the 1st steel release then sell it once a better one comes along.

It wont. We go through this same routin year after year, zavvi annoy us we moan but we still buy then rinse repeat, Nothing will change :) best way to deal with it is just be strict with yourself or do what i do, buy the 1st steel release then sell it once a better one comes along.

Good idea but if everyone did that they'd be cheap as chips on eBay! I like this but needs a title on the spine.

Disney have restrictions on when WEA artwork can be used
It's Disney who decide the releases

A retailer is not going to say no to a WWA steelbook for a Marvel film as it will sell very well

Film Studio re-releases happen regularly after the initial first release and Steelbooks re releases is no different

When it's a re-release the print run is not as big as a WWA release but it still sells well when it comes to Disney Animation and Disney Marvel Films

You can decide to wait 6 months or a year for another release but most customers will purchase new release marvel films as soon as they get released

Lot will double dip later when the re release come out be it a steelbook or another type limited edition re release

Some will sell the first release or give it away or keep both

Reactions: lgans316

It is better than releasing 3 editions of the same Steelbook and making collectors spend $150.

Remember the Novamedia editions were £40 with the same tripe WWA Steelbook inside.

It is better than releasing 3 editions of the same Steelbook and making collectors spend $150.

Remember the Novamedia editions were £40 with the same tripe WWA Steelbook inside.
Exactly. At least it's different and superior artwork. Not a release with the same shite steelbook but new cardboard around it ( Black Barons I'm looking at you)

I think it's great that Zavvi are giving UK customers more options instead of limiting us to the same art the rest of the world is getting. It's not their fault Disney went with a crap design in the first place. This way the customer gets to chose which art they prefer. Well done Zavvi for giving us more choice :)

Zavvi really are a genuis not only are they literally consistently ripping people off but they get people to thank them for it, wow

I don't think Zavvi are "ripping anyone off" so to speak,we have a choice.
I know its a pain in the arse that the 2nd release is better than the original one.
It's up to me whether i pull the trigger or not.
Who knows,maybe this "exclusive" will start to show up in other countries,for a more sensible price :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Butz2k and lgans316