Anyone collect autographs, props, replicas, etc?

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
I don't myself (though there are a few things I'd love to have for our woman cave), but I thought it would be fun if those that did, chimed in.

Have fun!
DB

aweee yeaaah.....

1on5hj.jpg

2zi214w.jpg

2zsto9k.jpg

Last edited:
I have some signed Amazing Spider-Man comics, but that's about all. I would like to collect autographs/autographed props etc but I just don't have the money.
The one thing I can afford it autographs from the local ice hockey team, never going to be worth anything but still nice to get each season.

Here are a few pics of my autographed items.

Most of it is Knight Rider related ( im a Knight Rider freak )

All apart from one of the autographs I obtained myself.

The Dick Van Dyke autograph I did not get myself.

Attachments

• Knight1.jpg
    Knight1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Knight2.jpg
    Knight2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Chitty1.jpg
    Chitty1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: sutti69
Here are a few pics of my autographed items.

Most of it is Knight Rider related ( im a Knight Rider freak )

All apart from one of the autographs I obtained myself.

The Dick Van Dyke autograph I did not get myself.

F'N sweet!

I have some autographs that I bought on eBay, so they are probably fake.

Anyone knows if AutographWorld has original and genuine autographs?

I have some autographs that I bought on eBay, so they are probably fake.

Anyone knows if AutographWorld has original and genuine autographs?

I suck at searching for peeps, link me instead to ay of their auctions.

Ones like these who sell in sheer volume can make you wonder.

However, they are uacc approved and even won an award for dealer of the year in 2004. Granted that was a long time ago, but its obvious the uacc wouldnt give out that award lightly and especially not to a company who is distributing fakes. So its pretty much guaranteed that up until that time they were legit. Thus it does help add credibility to them and that they still are.

However, you can tell they are buying stuff in bulk. So I guess for the most part you are paying for their knowledge and expertise at buying stuff that they feel is genuinely real and then reselling. They are a JSA consultant, so they must be very knowledgeable to be giving James Spence a helping hand from time to time.

Also they have a lot of no-name autographs, which typically helps add credibility in my eyes when it comes to sellers having this much to sell and sheer volume. If they had only a-list celebs it would be pretty much a dead give-away.

They also have a buying page on their site, which to me helps understand that they are buying stuff as opposed to fake signing stuff.

Does this mean they have never sold a fake? Probably not ... no one is perfect. However it seems they have a very good track record.

When I buy autographs I LOVE IT when I see them signing the actual item ... but if I cant have that I do a google images search ie. Mel Gibson Autograph .. then I view tons and see what sites they are on etc. Typically you can find one where a person has him signing it in person (a picture) so at least you KNOW that one is authentic and you can match based on that.

Al Pacino and De Niro for example have the ugliest autographs ever ... when its them signing its a scribble "here get the hell out my face" type signature ... when they are nice and neat its a Secretary autograph as you can mail a lot of stars and their secretaries sign the stuff instead.

Reactions: Murdock
Thank you very much for the highly detailed comment, it's very helpful. So I hope my Christopher Nolan is indeed genuine, though I probably won't really believe it until I'll see him signing it with my own eyes. I wish I would have enough money to pay for the other Nolan's autographed photo, which I bought (won?) from them a while back.

Cheers, mate.

Just won a poster of the movie 'What Maisie Knew' signed by Alexander Skarsgård! :D

Although not as big as his brother he seems to be climbing lately. I really loved him in Melancholia, I have yet to see this movie though.

Reactions: spawnshop