Approaching storm in US

Well it was a non-event here in NB.... NY is crazy though! Many dead and 6 million people with no power.

Apparently 1 Canadian died in Toronto.. a Staples Business Depot sign fell on her! :eek:

It was pretty windy here in Staten Island NY (one of the 5 boroughs of NYC, for our out of towners) and there are a lot of downed trees but luckily all is safe here and we have power again.

Hey nice to hear that,i hope there is also not too much damage caused by the storm in other regions^^i havent seen the news yet

Guess there NOT much more to say except, OUR THOUGHTS GO OUT TO ALL THAT HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY MOTHER NATURE. :( All the best in your clean up and may the TOLL OF LIVE'S TAKEN COME TO A SERVERE HOLT.

I hope everyone is safe n' sound that is affected by this situation. I thought I would post this email I received but 5 minutes ago from a retailer that I buy a lot of stuff from online.... I dont live in NYC but Im sure this will help some people out in the NYC area.... great retailer helping the community out IMO.... click pic for larger (easier to read)...

ScreenShot2012-11-01at15446PM.png

Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
It's a nightmare in New Jersey right now. Lots of people still without power and getting gas is a tough task. I know people who are being turned away for gas, and others who have to wait hours just to fill up! I work in Pennsylvania and people are actually asking me to be their gas courier but I can't find gas canisters to transport the gas in! Here are a few of my pictures by where I live of the aftermath of the storm:

My heart goes out to you All Affected members or not. One thing I always try to think when things get that bad that you don't know what to do next is This

Bad things HAVE to happen so that GOOD things can grow.

I hope this disaster will make your areas infrastructure stronger for the future.Keep as safe and well as you can in this hard time.

I guess I spoke too soon...LOL.
Power went out for a bit, then flickered on and off.
Strange though, everytime the power flickered off, there was a flash in the sky, like heat-lightning, but very blue/aqua color. Anyone know what that is?

Man, i really did speak too soon. My power went out a few minutes after this post. Still out now. They say i won't have power for another week! No internet, tv, heat either. We just drove down to Philly, PA to my in-laws. Only have cell for communications, so i apologize if i don't reply to anyone, GB payments are delayed, or ship stuff out late.
Gas is hard to get too, so my generator only runs a few hours a day to charge cells and keep a light on. Can't go far when back home due to gas shortage...barely to work and back.
Not much damage to house thankfully.
A huge branch did scare the crap out of us when it landed right behind us...took out phone line on the way down.

vy6ana9e.jpg

But i showed that branch who's boss

ejega7u4.jpg

My neighbor's yard

equ7u2uq.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for thinking of us all. Millions were without power or heat within affected area, and 1000's of people have lost homes and their belongings. It's been a sad state of affairs especially along the shore line, but relief and recovery efforts are underway every day. My wife's family lost their little shore house, and had 5 ft of water in the house, and others had random boats parked in the street. Inland, the situation was 1000's of trees, powerlines and substations to fail and (in some cases, flood).

Our state (NJ) and many others have banded together to help each other out, but the damages are in the billions across New Jersey and New York, and other states, so it will take years to recover, ultimately. The second storm (Nor'easter with snow, was much smaller for most areas), but still set the power crews back some, as some poles and trees were already vulnerable and caused renewed power outages. An odd/even fill up for gas in cars had to be implemented (as in 70's) because lines were 4 hours long to get gas. Crews from other states are helping to repair power line and other damages, as well as provide a boost of fuel. The issue was that many gas stations had gas, but no electricity to pump. There is some talk that these types of storms will become more frequent, but time will tell. We'll get through it-your collective thoughts from around the world are much appreciated!