Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: 22nd of June, 2015
Purchase links:
Zavvi
Amazon UK (Releases 5th of October, 2015)
Price: £14.99 (Zavvi) - £22.36 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 2000 Units - Debossed on Front Cover - Includes an Exclusive Poster & Art Cards

PACKAGE.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In hand photos :

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435133732.140811.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435133748.904284.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435133763.224194.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435133773.989429.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435133786.674420.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435133708.456841.jpg

Overall I'm happy with it for the price I paid. Nice embossing of the Austin Powers logo and silhouette as well as Top Secret on the front.

Presumably they realised their mistake regarding the 20th anniversary as there's no mention of it on the disc / slip and it's been completely removed from the steelbook too.

This steel has been released by Three Wolves who presumably now own the rights and not EIV (who I thought owned the UK rights to the film).

Last edited:
Cheers buddy. Thanks for the pics.

Steelbook looks decent, but I'm not a big enough fan of the film to warrant a purchase for me. :)

That's fair enough, love the film so it was a no brainer for me. One of the great things about the forum is when people share their in-hand photos. It really helps your buying decision if you're on the fence about ordering.

I like it, thanks for the pics @dagreaser - here's hoping mine will be waiting for me this evening! Good that they picked up on the 20th anniversary error too. Certainly looks worth the £13.49 I paid IMO :)

I'm surprised it only arrived today as mine was apparently sent on Friday, weirdly I bought Superbad over the weekend from them which was despatched on Monday and I got that in the post today too!

In hand photos :

View attachment 169958

View attachment 169959

View attachment 169960

View attachment 169961

View attachment 169962

View attachment 169957

Overall I'm happy with it for the price I paid. Nice embossing of the Austin Powers logo and silhouette as well as Top Secret on the front.

Presumably they realised their mistake regarding the 20th anniversary as there's no mention of it on the disc / slip and it's been completely removed from the steelbook too.

This steel has been released by Three Wolves who presumably now own the rights and not EIV (who I thought owned the UK rights to the film).
AWESOME pictures and very helpful post @dagreaser! Makes me even more eager to receive my copy now after viewing this... Should be in the post today :woot::thumbs:

Reactions: dagreaser
looks ok, the only thing I don't like is the weird silhouette of Powers on the front, would look better without it as it looks like he was thrown against the safe or something lol

Some nice 'bossing on this one, but I still hate the overall design... it's way too dull for a film that's pretty vibrant. Think I'd be tempted to leave the paper slip on just to give it some colour. :LOL:

Reactions: lolwut and ChrisIW
Although a great steelbook unfortunately the disc is a steaming turd.....same low bit rate juddering throughout as experienced recently with their (Three Wolves) House On Haunted Hill amaray release

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
looks ok, the only thing I don't like is the weird silhouette of Powers on the front, would look better without it as it looks like he was thrown against the safe or something lol

Can't think of a good reason for the debossed leaping figure apart from as a balance to the debossed 'Austin Powers' to maintains the symmetrical feel of the front.

I like it as it's certainly different, as far as I know, to all other images of front covers for this film and with the extras it's not a bad package for the price IMO.

The only thing I'd have preferred is some careful spot glossing to the shiny workings of the safe.

It goes without saying, thanks v. much @dagreaser for the excellent photos.

Last edited: