Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 31st, 2016
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_8958.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh jeez. Look at that back art and the way it's zoomed in and cuts through Thor, removes the whole of hulks arm and you can't even see Hawkeyes bow.

And why is the inside art cropped like that? (Blufans got the inside art perfect so why is this cropped!!!)

And the poxy lenti not lining up is just ridicolus. They have had a whole year to prevent this from happening with future marvel lenti magnet releases and nothing's changed!!!

Damn, regretting this one now

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Age of crop, just wrong the way the character are cut off on the back and inside image, already passed on this, lenti is a step backwards again.

This is embarassingly bad! Everyone who bought one should return it protest! :p

Is that a bare metal border along the top and bottom of the inside art? WTF? I've never seen that before. Looks like someone cut an odd sized photo out of a magazine and slipped it under the plastic casing! :LOL::rofl:

Blufans blows this out of the stratosphere! €30 more expensive or not! You get what you pay for. Zavvi are laughing their socks off right now.......

Reactions: psychoscot
Received mine today and , yes, it's one of those shocks that requires an immediate sit down and as if we didn't know by now NOTHING to do with Zavvi (Zavvi is a retailer NOT a manufacturer or a designer) and I'm getting tired of comments blaming Zavvi for any bad steelbook design.
By the time Zavvi gets involved it's a FAIT ACCOMPLI so for f***'s sake give it a rest.

Last edited:
Received mine today and , yes, it's one of those shocks that requires an immediate sit down and as if we didn't know by now NOTHING to do with Zavvi (Zavvi is a retailer NOT a manufacturer or a designer) and I'm getting tired of comments blaming Zavvi for any bad steelbook design.
By the time Zavvi gets involved it's a FAIT ACCOMPLI so for f***'s sake give it a rest.
It does get tiring after a while.

I wonder what they will do with Cap. America: Civil War lenticular steelbook, a year or so from now? If they do one. What i mean is, you might as well get the first WWA steelbook because if you don't, and wait for the WEA and these type of low quality lentls are what materialise, then you miss your chance for the first release. With Civil War i was tempted to not get that because of anticipating a lenticular sometime next year, but in the end i did - and glad, because 1) i love that steelbook, and 2) If the quality of the lentl ends up like this, then i wont be purchasing - UNLESS the artwork outside and inside is mindblowing.

I think it looks pretty good apart from the misaligned lenti and poor cropping on the front/inside artwork. The Blufans edition will obviously be better but it will also be more than twice the price.

Reactions: lgans316
23 for this Vs. 52 for Blufans.:OMG:
You pay extra for something to be done right. By collectors, for collectors.

You'd have to be blind to not see the aesthetic problem with this Lenti. Maybe it's not directly Zavvis fault, (they might 'just be a retailer' but this is their own exclusive product-and youre telling me they have absolutely NO control over this? Come on!) but somebody somewhere had to sign off on this.

Maybe it was one of the tasks on Alan Sugars The Apprentice?!! :D

Whoever it was........... You're fired!!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
This is honestly the biggest pile of ass ive seen all year.

The front looks good, the back (although cropped) looks good, but that inside is just horrid and the lenti as always with this wave is a Piece of poo.

Very happy i cancelled this, although the original zavvi release has no title on the spine it pisses all over this one.

I think it looks pretty good apart from the misaligned lenti and poor cropping on the front/inside artwork. The Blufans edition will obviously be better but it will also be more than twice the price.
Agreed, other than the obvious faults it looks ok.

You pay extra for something to be done right. By collectors, for collectors.

You'd have to be blind to not see the aesthetic problem with this Lenti. Maybe it's not directly Zavvis fault, but somebody somewhere had to sign off on this.

Maybe it was one of the tasks on Alan Sugars The Apprentice?!! :D

Whoever it was........... You're fired!!

Fair points but that difference is a good enough reason for many not to import and stick with what is being offered locally. Here we all appreciate the attention to details but the casual collectors don't really care that much.

People say Zavvi are ruining it for collectors by re-releasing but look at what these premium retailers do. Release multiple editions of the same and tempting us to spend 100. For that money we can buy 3 or 4 WEA UK Steelbooks with different artworks rather than the same Steelbook housed inside different slip cases. :)

People say Zavvi are ruining it for collectors by re-releasing but look at what these premium retailers do. Release multiple editions of the same and tempting us to spend 100. For that money we can buy 3 or 4 WEA UK Steelbooks with different artworks rather than the same Steelbook housed inside different slip cases. :)

Which is why I usually only go for the WEA versions or failing that, ONE edition of the other ones. You don't have to spend £100 at a time (unless your a completionist in which case your not going to mind about these type of quality control issues)

If you're happy to hold off on those and save money for 2 or 3 of WWA UK steelbooks then you'll end up with this type of dross from time to time.

Which is why I usually only go for the WEA versions or failing that, ONE edition of the other ones. You don't have to spend £100 at a time (unless your a completionist in which case your not going to mind about these type of quality control issues)

If you're happy to hold off on those and save money for 2 or 3 of WWA UK steelbooks then you'll end up with this type of dross from time to time.

I don't care what anyone says, for £25 this is crap of the first order!

It's not quality control. It's the problem that nothing matches up - lenti, inside art. were it quality control then some would be misaligned - not all of them.