Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking this too.

Especially as Disney are so strict about their releases getting out before release date. (I think zavvi might have got into trouble about this before as, if I remember correctly, there was a delay in Disney releasing their stock for Maleficent to them)

Will be (pleasantly) surprised if any one gets this before Sept 14th.

me 2 really can't see it :pompus:

what makes you say that, i thought it was gonna be standard that the bluray comes with at least an extra 30-40 mins,
have you heard anything i havent,

I'll be amazed if there's an extended cut.

I've certainly not heard of any so far, and if there was it would have been heavily advertised. If Joss goes back and makes a longer version, you can bet it'll big news and get it's own release.

Personally, after Joss' comments regarding Marvel and Disney, I can't see it happening.

Reactions: yardman
There is no extended cut. There will be some deleted scenes but thats it. This was confirmed by the studio.

Got my dispatch email this morning too :)

what makes you say that, i thought it was gonna be standard that the bluray comes with at least an extra 30-40 mins,
have you heard anything i havent,

I dont know what you have heard but I haven't heard that this is extended cut. and I think it would say so in zavvi web site.

Yes there are extended scenes, but not part of the movie, just as extras.

What interests me though is that the Thai release seem to claim that their release have an extended cut.
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...lu-ray-steelbook-keychain-set-thailand.68596/

Even IMDb lists a longer 195min assembly cut.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/

So, what gives? Joss has never really said "NO, never!" to an extended cut as far as I know. But I can quote him on this:
"It has always been my ambition never to do a director’s cut of anything"
"I don't think there's interest in it, right now."
"I don’t feel the need to go in and fix."
Thats not a flat out No in my book. It just sounds like its not something he wants to do and plan to do. Still, the studio may say something else. And a very reliable source (IMDb) states otherwise.
We have to wait and see.

Apparently there is a 'Phase Two box set' to be released later this year (I assume in the run up to Christmas)

Maybe the 'Assembly Cut' will be held back for that??