Avengers Assemble (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Lenticular) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 6 May 30 April, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers Assemble (SOLD OUT)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Lenticular magnet cover, debossed border, embossed title, matte finish

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

pic1.gif
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi better stick with this new release date and start shipping soon, as if this is an error and it was always meant to be May 30th, then a lot of Ninjas are going to be angry, especially those that cancelled orders to make way for this. As of now, I've not been charged yet either...:rolleyes:

If it hasn't shipped by end of play tomorrow then I'm resigned to the fact it's still May 30th and it was an error that they changed the release date, wouldn't be surprised to be honest. I really hope this isn't the case due to members cancelling due to lack of funds, c'mon Zavvi sort it out, do they have a twitter feed or something similar. @digitalbabe, any info please?

Ninjas just remember that not all pre orders are shipped early,some are shipped on release day or after.

Maybe but I'm only going on all previous releases I have bought from Zavvi and none of them have ever shipped on release day always a few days before. Saying that, didn't Thor TDW ship late? Can't remember haha

Maybe but I 'm only going on all previous releases I have bought from Zavvi and none of them have ever shipped on release day

There has been a few, it's quite rare though, I think a previous marvel film was shipped after release day pretty sure it was captain America.

@123kid - https://twitter.com/zavvihelp (answers questions) & https://twitter.com/zavvi (advertising products etc.)

Thanks @MrBMT but unfortunately as I suspected they are as useful as the customer service dept :(

When you think about it first of all they should really have emailed everyone who ordered to inform of the change in release date and second of all they should have informed everyone who ordered of a realistic shipping and charge date but the whole system they use is awful, they have alot to learn from say Amazon who do inform you via email of any changes

Last edited:
I thought it changed to disney for Thor Dark world.
Marvel was purchased by Disney so all of the marvel releases are now licensed and distributed through Disney in most of the world

Some regions like China and Korea had some of the older releases still through paramount and was reason for these recent re releases before Paramount distribution licence expired and transferred to Disney

Zavvi for example re released Thor and Captain America Steelbooks last year before Disney took over the distribution rights on these titles

The Marvel Cinematic Universe titles are now with Disney in the UK so any re release will through Disney

If there is any plans to re release Iron Man Steelbooks in the UK these will be through Disney

Note Sony have the rights with some older Marvel films that are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Will be interesting though to see what happen with Spider Man films as they have now been made part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Last edited:
Reactions: howiesteed
Ok, I thought paramount still owned the rights to the first set of movies. Like fox still have distribution rights to Star Wars.
It Will be interesting to see photo's of this release as I have not ordered it.

Marvel was purchased by Disney so all of the marvel releases are now licensed and distributed through Disney in most of the world

Some regions like China and Korea had some of the older releases still through paramount and was reason for these recent re releases before Paramount distribution licence expired and transferred to Disney

Zavvi for example re released Thor and Captain America Steelbooks last year before Disney took over the distribution rights on these titles

The Marvel Cinematic Universe titles are now with Disney in the UK so any re release will through Disney

If there is any plans to re release Iron Man Steelbooks in the UK these will be through Disney

Note Sony have the rights with some older Marvel films that are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Will be interesting though to see what happen with Spider Man films as they have now been made part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Paramount also have the rights to distribute 5 further future Marvel titles, which was one of the main parts of the deal giving Marvel the freedom to go over to Disney for distribution.

Which is a very nice thought since Paramount steels are usually better! Lol

Paramount also have the rights to distribute 5 further future Marvel titles, which was one of the main parts of the deal giving Marvel the freedom to go over to Disney for distribution.

Which is a very nice thought since Paramount steels are usually better! Lol
On July 2, 2013, Disney purchased the distribution rights to the 4 marvel films below
Paramount Home Media Distribution continued to distribute the four titles Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger until 31/8/2013 and after this its was Disney who took over distribution rights as part of the purchase of Marvel by Disney

Some Regions like China and Korea Paramount had extended distribution rights but these rights are now also with Disney
If Blufans decide to do this year or next year Iron Man 2 Steelbook it will be through Disney

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
On July 2, 2013, Disney purchased the distribution rights to the 4 marvel films below
Paramount Home Media Distribution continued to distribute the four titles Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger until 31/8/2013 and after this its was Disney who took over distribution rights as part of the purchase of Marvel by Disney

Some Regions like China and Korea Paramount had extended distribution rights but these rights are now also with Disney
If Blufans decide to do this year or next year Iron Man 2 Steelbook it will be through Disney
Damn Disney! Lol

Reactions: paulboland